Polymer Pre-treatment for relaxed heads- Anybody try this????

Zenobia61

I am trying to tweak my self-relaxing process to get the best results. :lick: I am adding EVOO and SAA to my relaxing base, I am doing a lot of protein conditioning in the week leading up to my relaxer and I have switched to a mild relaxer that I leave on for a shortened length of time. :yep:

In further pursuit of perfection....My mom was reminding me that back in the day when she used to wear a jherri curl and wear it well, I might add,
they used this product as a pre-treatment for the curl process. This got me to thinking...:rolleyes:heyy, maybe this could work as a pre-treatment for relaxed heads too??? What do you guys think?
I don't want to make a BAD mistake so TIA!!!!!

Z
Care Free Curl Polymer Pre-Treatment 16 o
z.

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
You're already doing quite a bit. In fact, with all that you've mentioned that you're doing I wouldn't be surprised if you came out a bit underprocessed.

Zenobia61

You're already doing quite a bit. In fact, with all that you've mentioned that you're doing I wouldn't be surprised if you came out a bit underprocessed.

Actually, my relaxers have been coming out great . Nice shine and great elasticity so I AM thinking that adding another step may be going a bit overboard, but if anything can ADD to my great results, I don't want to overlook it. I was wondering if I use this pre-treatment, maybe I could skip the adding stuff to my base and some of the early protein treatments???
:rolleyes: Maybe I am overthinking all of this.....??

Zenobia61

Thanks, Bri. :angel:
So it should be okay to use it on my relaxed head...I'll post results after I do my relaxer next week. :wave: