Poll:Would you get your hair done the day of your wedding?

Would you get your hair done the day of your wedding

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Makenzie

I got mine done the day before. I can do my hair pretty well, so I was able to freshen it up myself the the day of.

Soliel185

UH..if my bachelorette party is the night before my hair ain't gonna make it. Better have a late wedding and sleep in the chair the morning of.

cltsassy

I got my hair done the day before. I had it pressed and curled. It was humid and hot in Charleston, SC where I got married and the curls fell. Luckily, my matron of honor's cousin, who owns a beauty salon, had someone to redo the curls on the morning of the wedding.

mscocoface

All things being relative I had to have mine done the night before. I was wearing flat twists in the front and long twists in the back. It took about 3.5 hours with me and a friend doing it because the stylist I was going to use decided to double book!:nono:

My wedding was at 10:30 am on the beach in Laguna July 7, 2007.

mzperkins

I had mines done the day of.....it looked so pretty.
My appt was at 8:00am and my wedding was at 4:00pm my stylish had to do not only my hair but my daughter and cousin hair also. She has been the stylist in our family for years.

ellehair

Hi, newbie here - Hello ladies!!
I got my hair done the day of my wedding so it could be fresh.. I went for 2 months prior every 2 weeks to get test styles until i found the one i loved. only thing my bridemaids hair were done all the same day as well, all went to differnt places, their places!! and i didnt like 3 out of the 5. I wanted them to have a soft updo, with curls, and some came to my house with hard crunchy pony tails. At that point it was nothing i could do! was not the look i wanted but it was what it was:(
Has anyone else had this happen when their bridesmaids didnt listen at all???

Kayanna1212

I got my hair done the day of my wedding so it could be fresh.. I went for 2 months prior every 2 weeks to get test styles until i found the one i loved. only thing my bridemaids hair were done all the same day as well, all went to differnt places, their places!! and i didnt like 3 out of the 5. I wanted them to have a soft updo, with curls, and some came to my house with hard crunchy pony tails. At that point it was nothing i could do! was not the look i wanted but it was what it was:(
Welcome to LHCF!!!! :yep:

SCarolinaGirl

Welcome to LHCF... I'm so worried about one of my bridesmaids and what she will do to her hair. The only thing that I have asked from them is no colorful hair (ie. red, pink, blue, etc). Believe me... this request was necessary, my cousin is notorious for colorful weave. Other than that, they are free to wear their hair however they like... they're grown.

JayAnn0513

I make 30 look good!

I gave them a picture of the front and back. It was a simple bun with a part in the front. Darn near impossible to mess up.

MizzCoco

I voted day before, because I never like my hair right after its done. However, after reading some of the responses, I would say that getting it done FRESH by a trusted stylist, or maybe even myself( as long as I had my goal length and perfect regi down PAT for it) seems like a better choice! Who wants to be trying to sleep in weird positions to save a hairstyle the night before the biggest day of her life??

curlcomplexity

formerly qtslim83
I will probably have my hair washed, deep conditioned and set the night before. Then the day of, I would get it styled. I also plan on doing several test runs prior.

Anyone plan on having more than one style on their big day?

LisaLisa1908

What 40 looks like.
I'm getting married in Jamaica, and I'll be getting my hair done by my stylist the day before we leave. Unfortunately, I'm sure my hair will not last the four days until my wedding, but it will be clean and have a good foundation, so I'll probably get it touched up the same day. If I was getting married at home, I'd probably get it done the day before; my hair looks better the day after it's done.

letitgrow0702

I got the tracks sewn in two days prior to give it some time to loosen up. I went the morning of to get my hair styled. If someone tells me how to PIP I will post a picture.

MrJohnsonsRib

I am already married- no wedding though :( maybe a nice fancy anniversary party?? I picked the same day- I would probably rock a sew-in though and just get up early and get it done. I have a few friends that do hair well so they would put it in for me. I'd be protective styling especially then because you want to put heat for big spirals or curls or bump ends- so fake is best. I say let the heat burn out the fake stuff. :grin:

Browndilocks

Browndisha Brownie Sundae
I'd get all the important things done a day or 2 before; like pressing, rinsing, etc. My hair always looks better set the day after. Then I'd get the actual style the day of the wedding.

harrison

I got mine done the day before. My hair was loced at the time, so I had the stylist do a nice up do and my make up artist helped me accessorize it.

sxytia07

Definitely the day before....I would relax and get a Dominican Wrap/Doobie Wrap (rollerset and then wrapped minus the blowdry part though). I love the way it falls after a day or so--full, thick, my natural oils have lubricated it and the length is more apparant.

Lei*Lei

I got mine done the day of. I wanted to do it the night before, since i hate rushing and felt like everything would be too close to do it on that day.

Qurlyqt

My wedding was at noon so I got my hair done the morning of. I totally trust my stylist and had been going to her for years. I just told her that I wanted it "up" and she worked her magic. :yep: And it really was magic because I was 8 months post and you would never know.

BGT

I think I could get away with moning of. :yep: I want a messy bun for the ceremony that I can make into a ponytail for the reception that I can have all over my head the wedding night. :lachen: