Poll: Relaxing-Straight, Bone Straight, Texturizing, Texlaxing, For Long-term?

Which is better for long-term hair health and length?

• Bone Straight

Votes: 20 5.8%
  • Straight

Votes: 141 40.6%
  • Texlaxing

Votes: 131 37.8%
  • Texturizing

Votes: 55 15.9%

• Total voters

HeyItsHoney

Texlaxing has been great for me. If I air dry, I get a nice curly fro that looks like 3b/3c hair. If I rollerset, it goes straight.

A lot of it has to do with your natural texture. I have tiny 4a corkscrews and texlaxing makes the coils bigger. My sister had natural 4bczzzzz hair which is cottony but not coiled. Texlaxing her hair was a mess - just looked like underprocessed relaxer.

lana

This is good research for me. I'm still deciding on whether to texlax or not. A texturizer did not work for me. I am trying to keep both worlds- my natural curls and gain a level of managability to my hair. My natural hair is so thick, I can't even part it.:lol: Texlaxers, do u find that your styling time is shorter?

I'm a texlaxer and yes, my styling time is MUCH shorter than when I was natural. I would say it's been cut in half or more! Why? Because detangling was such a process when I was natural, now I detangle with way less drama and worry. I also love how EASY it is to blow dry my hair if I want to (I'm not using heat for now) and it's sooo much easier to flat iron. So if you're wanting to wear your hair straight most of the time texlaxing will save you some hassle, but you keep the thickness if you want it. :) I love big hair! But I like it even better when it's swinging on my shoulders and thick and sassy.

blue_flower

Texlaxing and texturizing sound the same to me. But for me, I would say texturizing once or twice a year is better for my long term hair goals. I've been bone straight before and I've been natural, but having texturized hair allows me to keep my (loose) curl pattern and have managable hair.

gorgeous86

for me, relaxing straight is better in the long run. This way, all I need is a rollerset to get the sleekness and the body I want. If it's straighter than this, my hair has no body and breaks more. If it's less straighter than this I am tempted to use more heat to get my hair how I want it.

Exactly what she said. :yep: When I wear a rollerset or a bun after a wash, I don't have to go through the extras to make my hair straight and sleek, because it already is due to me relaxing my hair straight.

Aggie

I would really like to wear my hair texlaxed but I don't know what would happen to my already straight relaxed hair and how to deal with the 2 textures. I do know that I would not want to lose all the progress I've made so far and so I'll just relax my hair straight for now but still mix in just a little bit of oil and SAA in my relaxer before applying to my hair. Yeah, I think that's what I'll do but not enough for it to be texlaxed, you know:look:? I really do hate that slick down to my scalp look, ughh!!

nycutiepie

I tried texlaxing for a while and it wasn't worth the trouble of dealing with the 2 textures for me. I also prefer sleek hair. I ended up getting a corrective and have been happily bone straight ever since. However, everyone has to do what's right for them.

mocha.li

I can't really vote, but I'm glad I read this poll b/c it made me aware of whats going on with my hair. I try to relax bone straight but now my hair won't take the relaxer so it just ends up texturizing, I think? A few years ago I could relax my hair and it would be curly when I wanted and straight when I wanted it straight but now my ends are straight 1-3 inches is texlaxed. Every other week I straighten it with a blow dryer and flat iron. So now I'm just letting my relaxer grow out and prolly will try texturizing. :pullhair: its so confusing

slim_thick

IMHO, if my going to apply any chemicals to my hair. I want to best results. straight or bone straight. I really don't see the purpose of texlaxing your hair. I'm not trying to offend anyone, however perms are meant for straighting the hair. JMO

*Michelle*

IMHO, if my going to apply any chemicals to my hair. I want to best results. straight or bone straight. I really don't see the purpose of texlaxing your hair. I'm not trying to offend anyone, however perms are meant for straighting the hair. JMO

Best results is why i texlax. Straight/bone straight does not definetivly = best results for everybody.

Anytime you loosen curl you are in effect straightening. If you look at my hair and many others who texlax you will see straight hair. Now, if you could relax hair and air dry it in a smooth sleek look...then I would feel what you are saying. But since you can't as it still needs something done to it to finish it, I really can't understand your comment. No offense taken and none intended...just hope this helps.