PLEASE SHARE YOUR HOMEMADE HAIR BUTTER AND CONDITIONER RECIPES!

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
I am not a kitchen chemist and I would love to learn how to make my own hair butters and conditioners. Can the savvy ladies here please help with what they are using to make their hair happy? Afroveda hair butters worked great for my hair, but if I can make something similar to theirs for cheap, I'd love to be able to do that.:yep: Thanks in advance!

DivaD04

my all time fave co is:
honey
shea butter
co...of your choice
100% olive oil
acv
that is the descending order as to how much I use in my concoction. mix until smooth and creamy
I don't measure. I use more honey sometimes over shea butter because I like the softness it leaves the hair.
Due to lack of funds, I can't afford my hemp, avocado, shea aloe, and coco butters so I haven't restocked...otherwise, I love to mix and match these butters and sometime use them alone.

msbettyboop

Shea butter, castor oil, avocado oil, peppermint oil and rosemary oil.

I melt the shea butter in a bowl placed in hot water, add in the rest of the ingredients and mix very thoroughly then place in the fridge for a few hours to solidify. I use it to seal after applying leave ins or a spritz and it's fantastic. If the mixture is too solid, I add in more castor oil. It keeps my hair moisturised all day.

I plan to mix giovanni direct leave in, aloe vera juice, castor oil and avocado oil (kimmaytube style) to use as a sealant when I take my braids out.HTH & HHG!