• twist side.jpg
    twist side.jpg
    514.3 KB · Views: 439
  • twist bun face view.jpg
    twist bun face view.jpg
    546.1 KB · Views: 434

MizzBFly

How you keep hair from unraveling @MizzBFly

Lilmama1011- (sing)" my lipgloss is cool, my lipgloss be poppin"..haha I think of that everytime I see your name and it makes me smile so no shade:drunk: I had to share that with you.

Question at hand:It has to do with my texture in it's air dried state. I also did a test run for a couple days to see how one twist would hold up, if it would unravel, how long before it unravels etc..

My hair was 9wks post when I did them so the twist starting off wasn't unraveling no where! "chile, dem roots:grin:"

Since I took them out this past weekend, I noticed the twists that where done the regular way i.e (the way our momas did it) were alot looser than the twists that were done like rope twists( where you roll the two peices together before you twist them around each other forming one twist)

video below shows a better hold technique *hope this helps:grin:

http://youtu.be/MyBpISStUds?t=3m22s

MizzBFly

So last night I put JBCO on NG and misted the length in sections with water then put a lil' hemp oil over that followed by some fat chunk twists in no particular order. I baggied my head while sleeping and thought the twists didn't look "bad" per se once up, so I win with minimal techique today!:drunk:

Attachments

• fat twists back view.jpg
    fat twists back view.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 291
  • fat twists top view.jpg
    fat twists top view.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 275
  • fat side twists.JPG
    fat side twists.JPG
    54.4 KB · Views: 290
Last edited:

Guinan

Re-Branding
So last night I put JBCO on NG and misted the length in sections with water then put a lil' hemp oil over that followed by some fat chunk twists in no particular order. I baggied my head while sleeping and thought the twists didn't look "bad" per se once up, so I win with minimal techique today!:drunk:

They look great! Did u have to put rubber bands on the ends to keep them from unraveling?

cammy84

I've been wearing my hair in crochet braids. I usually wear them for about 4-5 weeks, take them down, deep condition and put them back up. I love them as they are so easy to maintain

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Attachments

• image-295119108.jpg
    image-295119108.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 277

Lilmama1011

ForumRunner_20130913_213620.jpg

ForumRunner_20130913_213628.jpg

Im happy i found something, im so use to just doing curls. I love the way the color brings it out, it looks so healthy :)

coracao

I've been wearing my hair in crochet braids. I usually wear them for about 4-5 weeks, take them down, deep condition and put them back up. I love them as they are so easy to maintain

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

cammy84 Beautiful!! What kind of hair do you use to get this result?

Last edited:

bebezazueta

Crown braid on relaxed hair after a scalp massage with brahmi oil.

Attachments

• image-2983806305.jpg
    image-2983806305.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 228

NijaG

African threaded style, worn as protective style under wigs.

Attachments

• IMG_20130915_171329.jpg
    IMG_20130915_171329.jpg
    499.1 KB · Views: 218

NijaG

last pic. This is my first time doing this since I was little. The girl who did it got it flat enough where I can wear my wigs w/o any issues.

Attachments

• IMG_20130915_171427.jpg
    IMG_20130915_171427.jpg
    531 KB · Views: 180
Last edited: