Please help me choose some Dominican products

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
Okay, I've decided to jump on the Dominican bandwagon, but I'm at a loss for what to pick. I'm a relaxed 4 something and I need major moisture. I have yet to find a dc that gives me slip, moisture and softness, and I'm about to go broke trying to find it!!! Anywho, I've narrowed it down to these things. Feel free to suggest something you think is better, I still don't know too much about this Dominican stuff

Protein treatments:
Toque Emergencia Intensive Treatment OR Tropical Milk Protein Intensive Conditioner Cream

Deep Conditioners:
Tropical Avocado Intensive Conditioner Cream OR Capillo Avocado Hair Conditioner

Rinses:
La Bomba OR Praital Silk Worm Rinse

Leave Ins:
La Bomba OR Salerm 21

Please help me decide! TIA!

dillard

though you don't have it on your ist, i recommend lacio lacio for a leave-in! i always use it on wet hair then seal with oil.

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
Thanks ladies! I was thinking of getting Laccio Laccio, La Bomba and Salerm21 just to be on the safe side :) Man, after this Dominican spree, dh isn't gonna be too happy. Maybe I should keep it a secret till the package comes, and then give him the puppy eyes!LOL! Anyone else? Help a sista out!!

Tee

What is this and what does it do? Rinse, as in leave in or what? I think I read that ekomba swears by it but I don't see very many other reggies with this stuff.

That is why I ordered it. Ekomba's fotki! The rinse is like a rinse out conditioner. (I hate to compare it to a cheapie condition but that is just what i felt about it.) I have the P.S. Worm Deep conditioner. After the rinse and poo let me down, I did try it. (I guess I will one day.

* If you want to try either the rinse or poo, it's yours!

Brownie518

Silicon Mix. :up:

I didnt care for the P.S. Worm Rinse.:nono:

I totally agree with everything Letitia said. Silicon Mix is the bomb and the Silk Worm Rinse kinda sucked for me. I would also recommend the following:

Miss Keys 10 en 1 super conditioner
Emergencia
La Bomba treatment
Nacidit Olive conditioner

Salerm 21
Star Lacio Lacio leave in
Silicon Mix leave in

These are very popular and excellent products. Hope you find something you like.

DivaRox

That is why I ordered it. Ekomba's fotki! The rinse is like a rinse out conditioner. (I hate to compare it to a cheapie condition but that is just what i felt about it.) I have the P.S. Worm Deep conditioner. After the rinse and poo let me down, I did try it. (I guess I will one day.

* If you want to try either the rinse or poo, it's yours!

Thanks Tee-I think I'll take you up on that:grin: I wonder if I'll feel differently since I'm in braids.

Tee

I totally agree with everything Letitia said. Silicon Mix is the bomb and the Silk Worm Rinse kinda sucked for me. I would also recommend the following:

Miss Keys 10 en 1 super conditioner
Emergencia
La Bomba treatment
Nacidit Olive conditioner

Salerm 21
Star Lacio Lacio leave in
Silicon Mix leave in

These are very popular and excellent products. Hope you find something you like.
How did I forget the Emergencia?!? That is the bomb! I want to try the Silicon Mix leave in. (and of course everything else on that list above.) lol I have both Salerm and Lacio I need to try. Great list Brownie518. :up:

DivaRox

It's all yours!:yep:

:clapping: Thanks much!!

Tiffers-I went searching through the board when I was trying to decide on products to start off with and the concensus ended up being mostly the items on Brownie's list. Everything except the SM leave in and Nacidit olive condish was on my list. The tropical dc got a couple of raves too, as well as the Capilo rosemary dc(I scooped some of that this week, but haven't received it yet).

After I use of some of my condishes, I'll venture back out with the Emergencia and Miss keys 10 en 1. I'm undecided on the silicon mix dc but I think there was something on the product list I didn't like. I'll have to go back and check on that one.

Letitia I will of course let you know before I reorder since I got called out last time:look:...:lachen:

LABETT

Sole & Cinnamon conditioner/Rinse and Silicon Mix Conditioner are my favorite dominican conditioners.I buy the gallon size of each.
My favorite leave in conditioners are Lacio Lacio-rollersets and Salerm 21 for airdrying.
Praitil Silk Worm Conditioner sucked on my hair but it loves the rinse.
Salerm Wheat Germ Mask work great on my hair provides great slip.

curlcomplexity

formerly qtslim83
Okay, I've decided to jump on the Dominican bandwagon, but I'm at a loss for what to pick. I'm a relaxed 4 something and I need major moisture. I have yet to find a dc that gives me slip, moisture and softness, and I'm about to go broke trying to find it!!! Anywho, I've narrowed it down to these things. Feel free to suggest something you think is better, I still don't know too much about this Dominican stuff

Protein treatments:
Toque Emergencia Intensive Treatment OR Tropical Milk Protein Intensive Conditioner Cream

Deep Conditioners:
Tropical Avocado Intensive Conditioner Cream OR Capillo Avocado Hair Conditioner

Rinses:
La Bomba OR Praital Silk Worm Rinse

Leave Ins:
La Bomba OR Salerm 21

Please help me decide! TIA!

The bolded ones IMO:yep:. However, there are many threads on all of these products on this forum. You should check them out too!