please help!! Ion Repair Solutions Reconstructor

whiteoleander91

stay at your best ♥
I just purchased this today and I'm worried it might be mislabeled (I think it may be shampoo instead of conditioner).

The last time I used this product the consistency was very thick. I just tried to apply this to my hair and it was kinda runny, like shampoo, and it was a little sudsy on my hair. When I pumped some into my hands and rubbed them together, it was just a little sudsy, so I'm thinking maybe it's just its consistency now? The bottle says "Was Repair Solutions Reconstructor Treatment" so maybe there was an ingredient change?

It was sudsy enough for me to be worried (I just shampoo'd and conditioned and was attempting to DC), so I rinsed it out immediately, but not quite sudsy enough for me to be certain if my bottle was just mislabeled or if this is just how the treatment is now. I hope this makes sense lol I have a headache and I'm super tired.

Please help!

faithVA

[USER=211046 said:
whiteoleander91[/USER];19126767]I just purchased this today and I'm worried it might be mislabeled (I think it may be shampoo instead of conditioner).

The last time I used this product the consistency was very thick. I just tried to apply this to my hair and it was kinda runny, like shampoo, and it was a little sudsy on my hair. When I pumped some into my hands and rubbed them together, it was just a little sudsy, so I'm thinking maybe it's just its consistency now? The bottle says "Was Repair Solutions Reconstructor Treatment" so maybe there was an ingredient change?

It was sudsy enough for me to be worried (I just shampoo'd and conditioned and was attempting to DC), so I rinsed it out immediately, but not quite sudsy enough for me to be certain if my bottle was just mislabeled or if this is just how the treatment is now. I hope this makes sense lol I have a headache and I'm super tired.

Please help!

You should be fine. The reconstructor is a conditioner. It should say in the directions to just leave it on for 8 to 10 minutes. And yes the reconstructor is sudsy. They probably added something to soften it up so the hair doesn't get so brittle.

whiteoleander91

stay at your best ♥
You should be fine. The reconstructor is a conditioner. It should say in the directions to just leave it on for 8 to 10 minutes. And yes the reconstructor is sudsy. They probably added something to soften it up so the hair doesn't get so brittle.

faithVA thank you thank you for responding so quickly. I reeeally didn't want to have to go back up to Sally's to return it lol. Dang it, I wish I left it on my hair, now I have other stuff on my hair. I'll just wait and try using it again this weekend. Thanks again!

BranwenRosewood

whiteoleander91

I have that one and it is sudsy and looks like a shampoo. The Effective Care Treatment is the one that looks like a conditioner. The ECT is for daily use and the Reconstructor isn't (according to the site).

whiteoleander91

stay at your best ♥
RavenSR ooooh that makes a lot of sense! In the past I probably used the Effective Care Treatment :yep: thank you! Hopefully I have time to give it a try this weekend.

BranwenRosewood

@RavenSR ooooh that makes a lot of sense! In the past I probably used the Effective Care Treatment :yep: thank you! Hopefully I have time to give it a try this weekend.

whiteoleander91

You're welcome. The same thing happened to me. I used to use ECT in the packs and then bought the full bottle of the Reconstructor. I wondered why it was such a difference in texture but kept it since the Reconstructor is what I should have been using anyway.

whiteoleander91

stay at your best ♥
whiteoleander91

You're welcome. The same thing happened to me. I used to use ECT in the packs and then bought the full bottle of the Reconstructor. I wondered why it was such a difference in texture but kept it since the Reconstructor is what I should have been using anyway.

RavenSR I was so worried! I had just stepped out of the shower and was trying to be quick, saw suds and panicked lol. I didn't want to risk leaving shampoo on my hair for like an hour so I rinsed it out and scraped up every last little bit of protein treatment that I had left in my Shea Moisture masque lmao. I barely had enough to cover all my hair.