Please help - Crochet braids and Freetress Loose Deep

islanchile

I just attempted crochet braids with Freetress Loose Deep extension hair. It was a miserable failure.

Every time I tied in the extension onto the cornrow, the knot would almost immediately come loose and create a big loop. In other words, I couldn't get the Loose Deep extension hair to make a tight knot. Has anyone else experienced this problem? I used Youtube's Mystakin777's knotting technique but maybe I should try something else.

Can any of you ladies offer suggestions or advice?

I really want to adopt crochet braids as my standard protective style.

Please help.

Thanks

BlackMasterPiece

That hair isn't curly enough to make that style last. If you go to her update video on that style she said it was a fail for her too. You can't get a sturdy knot on hair that loose. I would recommend curly hair much more for crochet's.

I did see this tutorial last week on crochet braids done on loose wave type hair and she did a great job but she ended up not loving it. Alot of the people that do it with loose wave hair say the shedding is ridiculous. I didn't have that issue with my set so thats something to consider.

BlackMasterPiece

One thing I've noticed is that they pull the hair through the loop then they take a small section of that hair that was pulled through the loop and tie twice as opposed to taking the whole piece and typing twice.:scratchch

islanchile

Oh my goodness! Thank you both :)

I was feeling pretty down on myself.

I'll try a curlier texture of hair next time.

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
I was having this same problem with my mom using a loose wave. I used water wave and had no problem at all.

islanchile

That hair isn't curly enough to make that style last. If you go to her update video on that style she said it was a fail for her too. You can't get a sturdy knot on hair that loose. I would recommend curly hair much more for crochet's.

I did see this tutorial last week on crochet braids done on loose wave type hair and she did a great job but she ended up not loving it. Alot of the people that do it with loose wave hair say the shedding is ridiculous. I didn't have that issue with my set so thats something to consider.

I just watched her tut and follow-up video. Definitely seems as though Loose Deep was not the way to go.

For what it's worth, I used your cornrow pattern BlackMasterPiece! For the 30 minutes I keep the style in, my hair looked great. Your pattern's a winner.