Please help, contemplating changing another part of my regimen!

Porsche19

I do two protein treatments a month. The first in with a wheat based light protein - elasta qp breakage control serum. The second one with a keratin based reconstructor - aphogee 2 minute keratin.

My problem is the shampoo that I use with each.

With the heavy protein, I use suave clarifying.

With the light protein, I use aphogee's shmapoo for damged hair. It is a sodium laureth sulfate based shampoo. I wanted to use something that would get some of the buildup of daily conditioner washes off, but not leave my hair totally . I'm wondering if this shampoo is even necessary.

Will the light protein do it's job even if I do a conditioner wash before applying it? Or should I contiunue to shampoo? :confused:

Divine Inspiration

Don't cry...
I've found that my protein treatments don't work as well when I try to do CO the week/days before. I don't necessarily have to use a clarifying poo, but I do have to poo x 2 or 3 to remove oils & buildup and allow the protein to penetrate.
You could always consider a poo that doesn't contain sulfates. That would allow you to still poo but keep the hair from being stripped.
HTH...

DahomeyAhosi

No expert advice here but I certainly think you should continue to shampoo but you can certainly use a gentler shampoo. I sometimes use Cream Of Nature detangling shampoo with Emergencee and it seems to work find even though this shampoo feels like a conditioner.