Suggestion Please don't be rude!

VictoriaCrystal

I am a professional who is here to give advice for those who want and are not achieving hair growth! When I do post..someone may not know the info..and as I am new to this site others may be too and may not know what you already know.If the info is not for you..fine..then silence is probably best on it..but my picture albums tell the tale,I know what I am talking about as well as having being raised with manners..:nono:

This section of the forum is for questions about how the forum is run- features, trouble shooting, website errors, etc... Hair related questions go in the Hair Folder. I think a few people provided that link for you already.

I don't think anyone was rude. In general, when someone joins the forum and posts repeatedly to sell a product or service, members will take everything said with a grain of salt. Like, you said, you are new. If you look through the forum, you'll see that a lot of what you are preaching is very well known to members here. I'm sure there are new people who are not aware of healthy hair practices but the majority of those who post often have been here for years and have done their own very extensive research. The presentation of your information is probably not making most people very receptive either. If you say something like "you have a beauty supply home in your house and you have no hair" a natural response would be to get somewhat defensive.

Perhaps take some time to get to know the culture of the forum and figure out the best way to help without being overly self-promoting or judgmental.

I agree with the above poster. Since you are new, you may want to just observe for a while and then answer questions when people are asking. You will eventually be known as an expert based on how you help others. And no matter how much you know, you won't get everyone to follow your advice. Share and keep it moving.

As far as being rude, if you decide to stay that is just the way it is. You aren't going to be able to keep people from being rude, commenting in ways you don't like or from responding to your threads or post. You learn who is who and just ignore those you don't want to be bothered with.

There are plenty of threads where people can use your help without you even having to create a new thread. Just find where you fit.

I do realize that sometimes people are offended by the truth and I did not know I was not to try and sell my manual..my fault..still..I did not know..and immediately stopped when told..in my zeal to see all AA with beautiful hair,it may be taken wrongly,but in other places these are the questions I am constantly asked and as I said..the info is not for those who know..it is for those who don't....and I am trying to figure out the site..

I was not being judgemental and at the time did not realize that I could not sell my book..the "beauty supply in your home" comment,one I have seen many women say, and intended to be humorous,was to let women know that sometimes we do too much,buy way too many products and not enough of simple things,like combing right and such..and only recall talking about my own bald head and the growth later,it was meant to be encouraging.I only want to help..the things I have been addressing are FAQ's and again,was for those who don't know.When I did read the rules..I felt..oh..a Christian site..I liked that..I may be blunt..but I simply tell the truth about hair..If at any time someone wants to know what I mean..I will tell them..rather than for them to make a wrong assumption..I know hair,but not this site and may be posting right info in wrong places..but it is still good info and perhaps a Christian sister will help me along in finding the right places.I am only here because it was recommended to me..and have much to learn about what goes where..And once informed about the selling..I stopped and I took the site off all that I had posted it on,yet continued to offer advice..again..just want to help.

Last edited:
I do realize that sometimes people are offended by the truth and I did not know I was not to try and sell my manual..my fault..still..I did not know..and immediately stopped when told..in my zeal to see all AA with beautiful hair,it may be taken wrongly,but in other places these are the questions I am constantly asked and as I said..the info is not for those who know..it is for those who don't....and I am trying to figure out the site..

@VictoriaCrystal That is exactly it…it is in OTHER places that people are approaching you for advice. It is prudent for new members of LHCF (I’m talking about OTHER users mostly and yourself as well) to do a search before posting a new thread. Women who are new to healthy hair care will often have a lot of questions or might not know some of the knowledge that the rest of us revere as “basic”. But after a quick search either on this website, YouTube, Google, or other hair websites newbies will soon find the answers to these basic questions. If not, then at THAT point do THEY seek help by posting a new thread or adding a question to an existing thread if they are speaking on the same topic. That would be a more appropriate time for you to share your knowledge which none of us doubt you have. My gripe is equally with you for repeating such basic knowledge as it is with users on here that you say still don’t know the information when it can all be found in a quick search. There is nothing wrong about being a new member and not having knowledge in certain areas (I’m still new myself) but so long as you make the effort to actually do some research and find the solutions yourself before presenting them to the rest of the members.

You say to just ignore posts if we already know the information but the issue with that is at the rate you’re going, your posts will soon be flooding the boards and making it hard to find posts containing more, uh, relevant information.

I’m not trying to be rude I’m just trying to improve the board and make everyone’s time here more efficient so we don’t have to sift through dozens of irrelevant posts or dozens of pages trying to find the post we were following because several of your posts knocked it back several pages.

With that said I would like to remind everyone of two rules…

32. If it is determined by the moderators or admins that you are a person that is constantly in disputes or starting disputes with other members , which often times result in threads being closed, you run the risk of your account being terminated.

33. Respect for every member's posts is not asked, but is a REQUIREMENT to remain a member of this forum.

If most of your posts are spent defending yourself then you need to try a different approach.

Last edited:
OP, your information was very generic and didn't really garner a need to create new threads for it. IMHO

A better approach would have been to wait until other members created threads or asked questions and then give your advice there.

Welcome new you! Uh uh uh you call that having manners well baaaaaaaaabeeee I think not. ;o) I know you are excited and ready to share knowledge but take it slow to get your feel of the place. Do a search on your topic of interest and knowledge then please do share your wealth of knowledge. I'm never to old to learn something new. Watchu know about dying a grey streak?

Back