PJs in Remission-Ever have Relapsing Urges?!

LocksOfLuV

I used to be a PJ in full effect. Then I found the best of the best for everything (for my hair). Good right?....:ohwell: NOT!

Recently I have hit a low again. Even though my products work for me, that "I just want to try it" urge has hitting me in full force. I kinda miss being a PJ.:look: But my pockets don't. Why is this happening?

Reformed PJs what do you do you combat this feeling? Do you give in?

The only thing that is saving me is, I have some extra products that I want to use up first.

Last edited:
The only thing saving me is I'm married to a tight wad:lachen: Well he's not really a tight wad but he will say somethin when the volume of bottles in the bathroom increases:D So my advice is marry a tight wad who'll give you "the look" when you walk in with yet another bag from Sally's:lachen:

Sorry, I'm no help at all I know. I think we need an LHCF 12 step program or something:lol:

This happens to me from time to time. For some unknown reason (maybe boredom), I will leave the tried and true and start trying other stuff. In one case, just recently, it worked to my advantage. But usually I'm quickly sorry that I did it, both because of the money and because of the results, then I have to get back to what works. To prevent this, I finally became determined not to try anything new unless I am having a specific problem with my hair that needs to be addressed. That's what happened recently and it was a good thing. Other than that, I try to stand strong.

kbragg said:
The only thing saving me is I'm married to a tight wad:lachen: Well he's not really a tight wad but he will say somethin when the volume of bottles in the bathroom increases:D So my advice is marry a tight wad who'll give you "the look" when you walk in with yet another bag from Sally's:lachen:

Sorry, I'm no help at all I know. I think we need an LHCF 12 step program or something:lol:

:lachen: :lachen: :lachen:

my so is such a punk when it comes to these things.

Cichelle said:
This happens to me from time to time. For some unknown reason (maybe boredom), I will leave the tried and true and start trying other stuff. In one case, just recently, it worked to my advantage. But usually I'm quickly sorry that I did it, both because of the money and because of the results, then I have to get back to what works. To prevent this, I finally became determined not to try anything new unless I am having a specific problem with my hair that needs to be addressed. That's what happened recently and it was a good thing. Other than that, I try to stand strong.

Can I have some strenth? I am sitting here with a cart full of items online, ready to press order. I mean really, I am pathetic.

LocksOfLuV said:
Can I have some strenth? I am sitting here with a cart full of items online, ready to press order. I mean really, I am pathetic.

I know what you mean, ordering online is easy and fast that's why I usually do it when I am just bored. What I am doing now is looking for places to buy the same stuff around my house and by the time I plan to go and get them I don't really want to buy or just go to get it. HTH

My new goal: No online orders:lol:

Last edited:
I am back sliding too :ohwell: I always have a wish list, but I have been able to control my urges for a year now. Lately, I find myself wanting to try something new several times a month. I am trying to limit myself to 2-3 new products per month or spending less than $50, until I satisfy my urge.

I really need shampoo and conditioner though, so these items don't count :look:

I'm a recovering PJ too but I just fell off the wagon because Aveda came out with a new shampoo and conditioner: Smooth Infusion and I caved and bought it.We just have to be strong and get back on the wagon.

Oh girl, my heart skips a beat and my palms get clammy when I walk by an Aveda salon. I am dying to try some of the line but I CAN'T. I am on the use it all up challenge and I really don't need to buying new products when I already have stuff that works. :look:

I just made 5 bucks doing a research study for P&G and instead of using my money to buy dinner like I thought I was, I walked to the BSS and bought some Atone Reconstructor.

I suck.:ohwell:

I am trying to stay away from the Monthly Hit or miss thread.
That is the sure path to buying one more thing that I do not need!

How many oils can I use at one time???

I use BT, Carols Daughter and Vatika, Yes all at the same time. It is proabably a waste of product, but I have convinced myself that I love this mixture. I have so much oil on my hair that you can fry chicken on it.
Pitiful.

RZ~

I don't really have the urges to buy new products, but I do have a problem with buying large quantities of my staple products. :ohwell: I'm always afraid that my staples will get "discontinued", and I'll be stuck trying to find something else. :lol:

Cichelle said:

This is me.

I had it under control for a while, but I got curious at the beginning of the year, and I've been doing a little experimenting. It has definitely worked in my favor though because I found some new staples and my hair is doing well.

So even though I tend to ignore the PJ voice in my head, sometimes trying new things can be a good thing. I use Cichelle's method of only trying what I need though. This seems to keep me from going overboard with it.

I think the urge is comming back for myself also, most of the time it is boredom and I feel like I need to buy some kind of hair anything, hair clips, plastic caps, satin bonnetts, whatever just to buy a hair something. But lately I've been wondering what I'm gonna do about my staple shampoo :perplexed , I'm almost out and although I love it I don't know if the so called new formula is bad or good. So I have a few things I'm willing to consider, but I've also come along way with my Therappee and I'm afraid to try something new. :ohwell:

:lol: @ a 12 step program.

Perfect timing for this thread! I just replased a little, too! I've spent a good $200 buying Mizani, new things by KeraCare, hair accessories... *Sigh* But at least I was able to curb it after the two-week binge. Well, I didn't have any choice if I wanted my phone, internet, and phone to stay on :lol:! But at least I'm not hooked on drugs, right :look:?

miracle said:
but I do have a problem with buying large quantities of my staple products. :ohwell: I'm always afraid that my staples will get "discontinued", and I'll be stuck trying to find something else. :lol:

hahaha!!! This is me to a tee!:lol:

I have urges sometimes to purchase products but I always rationalize it as needing it. For instance, I just did a little shopping on Sickbay(bought some 2 Nacidit avacado con and Tropical Aloe Vera Con) because I wanted to try something new. Although my regimen is pretty solid at this point, I'm still doing a little experimenting and looking for a purely moisturizing con w/no protein at all. My fav cons that are very moisturizing still have a little protien in them and I noticed recently that my hair was in protein overload(although not too extreme). So I'm still trying to tweak that aspect of my regimen.:cool:

I was a pj if there ever was one and I haven't really bought anything new for a while BUT, that doesn't stop me from having a two page long wishlist. My boyfriend just got a new summer job and I plan on utilizing this increase of funds to finally scratch the pj itch;)

miracle said:
I don't really have the urges to buy new products, but I do have a problem with buying large quantities of my staple products. :ohwell: I'm always afraid that my staples will get "discontinued", and I'll be stuck trying to find something else. :lol:

You have my disease too.

miracle said:

You just described me.....let's just say I have enough Aveda DR to last a while :lol: :look:

When I first got into haircare, I bought so much stuff. Now, I've given away stuff, and used up some stuff. I have seen some things I want to try, and since I'm running low on some things, it looks like I'll get to experiment some this summer. But, my pj is no where near as bad as it was last summer. I do think that it is normal to want to try new things from time to time though.

Girl I was just in Sally's the other day about to satisfy my craving and just as I was about to load my cart the lady comes over and was like, "Our register is about to shut down", I was like:eek: , then i started running around madly trying to get stuff.....so I guess that was my sign cuz all I ended up getting was an applicator bottle:( . I was crying on the inside.:look:

miracle said:

I have the same problem. Last night I was at the grocery store and I saw white rain coconut. There weren't too many on the shelves so I immediately went into hoarding mode since I love the stuff so much. It didn't help that they were .79 cents each. I had to stop myself though. I left with two conditioners. I bought a couple of accessories for Target last week cause I love their hair clips. So I'm trying. :ohwell:

I was in remission and on the Use it up challenge. When I could see the bottom of the bathtub caddy I relapsed. I'm back on track tho.
ashamed0003.gif

Pokahontas said:
Girl I was just in Sally's the other day about to satisfy my craving and just as I was about to load my cart the lady comes over and was like, "Our register is about to shut down", I was like:eek: , then i started running around madly trying to get stuff.....so I guess that was my sign cuz all I ended up getting was an applicator bottle:( . I was crying on the inside.:look:

I am planning a trip to Sally's and I don't even like Sally's.:ohwell:

I am trying so hard to stay from myhoneychild.com ..I swore up and down I was done after my perfect product was found but I still want more :nono:

Back