Pics of my pin curl set and braidout

moda

I had been having serious problems with my braidout, I think I finally figured it out, I also did a pin curl set. You can click on the pic to make it larger, also the pics are in my album.

Pin curl set / braidout

Attachments

• styles.JPG
    styles.JPG
    29.3 KB · Views: 279
Last edited:
Your braidout looks really good. That is also my style of choice. How did you perfect it? What kind of problems were you having before?

another1 said:
Your braidout looks really good. That is also my style of choice. How did you perfect it? What kind of problems were you having before?

Thank you Another1! I think my main problem was I was trying to use everything that was mentioned on this board, hoping it would work wonders for my hair. I finally just stuck with my staple products and stayed simple, and it worked. My hair also takes forever to dry, so I have to either do it on the weekend when I have a little more time to allow it to dry, or I have to sit under the dryer, because if it is not 100% dry, it will become a frizzy mess real quick.

Last edited:
Chaya said:
Yeah girl it looks great! I am so jealous! How did you do it?

Thanks Chaya! The braidout, I just braided 4 cornrows in the direction I wanted the hair to fall 1 on each side, 2 in the back, and for the pin curl set, I first placed 4 rodded ponytails in my hair left them in overnight, then I did 4 pincurls in the morning and left them in for about 4 hours.

mysweetevie said:
I love both styles. Please come do my braid out for the summer.

Thanks Mysweetevie! Give me a place to stay and I will be up to Philly in a heartbeat :lol: , never been there but it is on my list of places to visit.

Your pin curl set and braidout looks GORGEOUS! :up:

Cincybrownsugar, your hair is always looking FABULOUS! You have some BEAUTIFUL natural hair! :yep:

Love both styles!
Do you use any product for hold ?
I am workin' on my braid outs.....gotta ways to go.
Thou, I think I will try cornrows next time. Tonight I did single braids we'll see how that comes out.

ITA with everybody else. They look beautiful. And if you are coming to Philly for the summer to do mysweetevie's braidouts I'll give you my address so you can do mine too! :)

tru_mind said:
Ok...a new hair album to stalk. Beautiful hair and styles!:yep:
Thanks tru-mind! Loved your scrunched hair, and the flat iron pic, simply beautiful.

Bublnbrnsuga said:
I wish my braidouts looked like yours:cry3:
Girl, I got a laundry list of styles I wish I could copy off you, still working on my voluminous puff :lol:

Poohbear said:
Your pin curl set and braidout looks GORGEOUS! :up:
Cincybrownsugar, your hair is always looking FABULOUS! You have some
BEAUTIFUL natural hair! :yep:
Thanks Poohbear, I see you are getting there with your transition, looking good.

Ginsana said:
I absolutely love those two styles on you!! You did a terrific job!
Thanks Ginsana! Loved your blowout & shake n go!

Belladonna said:
Love both styles!
Do you use any product for hold ?
I am workin' on my braid outs.....gotta ways to go.
Thou, I think I will try cornrows next time. Tonight I did single braids we'll see how that comes out.

Thanks Bella! I added a little Suave Humectant to my Pantene oil cream moisturizer, and a little Black n Sassy heat sheen for some shine. Your hair is beautiful, I love the color!

stcsweet said:
Cute! I'm lovin' those styles on you. They look great!
Thank you Stcsweet!

baglady215 said:
ITA with everybody else. They look beautiful. And if you are coming to Philly for the summer to do mysweetevie's braidouts I'll give you my address so you can do mine too! :)
Thanks Firm buddy! If I got a place to stay, I am on my way :lol:

Last edited:
I like them both!

The pin curl style is so soft and full looking. The braidout is so curly and falling just right!

onepraying said:
I like them both!

The pin curl style is so soft and full looking. The braidout is so curly and falling just right!

Thank you very much, I love your hair. You make me miss my short hair

ChosenbyGod said:

Both styles are nice; your hair is just plain gorgeous anyways...

Thank you, I loved the "curly, top pulled back" style. It may be a fix for the front of my hair that always seems to revert.

Last edited:
Cincy, your hair looks GORGEOUS in all of the styles in your photos. One would never know that you had to work at getting your braidout just right, but I guess practice does make perfect because that's exactly how it looks -- perfect. :)

mzcaramelicious07 said:
Beautiful hair. I wish my hair came out like this!
Thanks, girl your hair looks great, I loved the rollerset.

Lita said:
I like it. It brings out your smile. HAPPY HAIR GROWING!
Thanks Lita!

renee_n_3000 said:
Cincy, your hair looks GORGEOUS in all of the styles in your photos. One would never know that you had to work at getting your braidout just right, but I guess practice does make perfect because that's exactly how it looks -- perfect. :)
Thanks Renee, I hope practice makes perfect, I was starting to think I was just lucky with that 1st braidout.

Alli77 said:
both styles suit you nicely, I love the braidout-it's my prefered style.;)
Thanks Alli. If I can continue to get my braidout to act right it will become my preferred style.

Last edited:
Your hair is beautiful and healthy. I love all of your styles. :) I'm going to look for Africa's Best Liquid Mayo. It sounds interesting.

Back