Pics of my full-head weave!

NuMe2004

I just got a full-head weave yesterday for the very first time and I love it!

It took 2 packs of #33 straight weave hair to get this look. All my natural hair was braided up prior to sewing it in. The stylist couldn't understand :confused: why someone with hair my length would get a full-head weave, but I tried to explain to her that I wanted to give my hair a rest and have some fun too (i.e. get a protective, yet stylish hair do). However, she said that typically clients only get full-head weaves if their hair is short and they don't want folks to see it while they're growing it out...

The hair stylist may not have understood my reason for getting it done, but I like the fact that I was able to change my hair color without damaging my real hair. I don't think I'm gonna keep it in for very long though, 'cause I like my frequent washes and head rubs :).

Attachments

• Bianca 3_LHCF.jpg
    Bianca 3_LHCF.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 297
  • Bianca 7_LHCF.jpg
    Bianca 7_LHCF.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 270

audacity.

I wasn't expecting color, too! Giiiirrrrl you are wearing that hair! Whether it is weaved up or not, your hair is amazing!

ladylibra

man i wish i could find a stylist i trust to give me a full-head weave like yours... that is TOO CUTE and would give me an alternative to coloring as well!

you look hawt mami! :grin:

NuMe2004

Thank you so much ladies! Yes, the color is a bit of a shock, but trust, this is waaay more tame than the one I was originally going to get. My sis talked me out of the "orange clown" color I was about to buy before snagging this one :laugh:!

atlien11

Hi NuMe, i like it too :yep:

Im curious, how to you plan on caring for your hair under the weave you just installed? Are you able to get to your scalp to wash it?

NuMe2004

Hi NuMe, i like it too :yep:

Im curious, how to you plan on caring for your hair under the weave you just installed? Are you able to get to your scalp to wash it?

Girl, I'm curious too! :laugh: :laugh:

No, really, what I plan to do is...

#1: workout less intensely because I can't have sweat all up in my hair and not be able to rinse it out.
#2: Wash my hair after week 2 (per the weavologist's recommendation) by lifting the weave and scrubbing between my braids. I may even get an applicator bottle (like the ones used to apply hair dye) and fill it with shampoo and water so that I can directly apply it to the braids/scalp.
#3: Make sure that my hair is fully dry underneath the weave after I wash it to avoid getting fungus.

These are some of the things I've researched online prior to getting my hair done, and the stylist confirmed that it would be the best thing to do. I hate skimping on my workouts during this period, but there's no way I can workout as intensely as I normally do, because that would require for me to rinse my hair daily like I do with my natural locs.

Trust me girl, this is all new to me and is going to be very tough, 'cause I like to get to my scalp and wash/rinse my hair frequently. Truth be told, I may rip this mess out in two weeks :laugh:!

Lookin' Good!

I'm going to be weaving it up soon too. Actually it isn't uncommon to see women with very long and healthy hair get weaves, so I'm surprised your stylist found it odd. I personally know some ladies with hair as beautiful as yours who get weaves often to experiment with different colors and textures without damaging their own hair. Can't wait for people to get over this "only bald women wear weaves" stereotype.

NuMe2004

Lookin' Good!

I'm going to be weaving it up soon too. Actually it isn't uncommon to see women with very long and healthy hair get weaves, so I'm surprised your stylist found it odd. I personally know some ladies with hair as beautiful as yours who get weaves often to experiment with different colors and textures without damaging their own hair. Can't wait for people to get over this "only bald women wear weaves" stereotype.

Thank you! There are still so many folks, black women included who still don't think we can naturally grow our hair long and that we need weaves. Yet, there are some of us (like moi) who just want to have fun with fake hair. You don't "need" a weave to want to get one. Life's short, so we should experiment and have fun!

NuMe2004

Girl, I'm curious too! :laugh: :laugh:

No, really, what I plan to do is...

#1: workout less intensely because I can't have sweat all up in my hair and not be able to rinse it out.
#2: Wash my hair after week 2 (per the weavologist's recommendation) by lifting the weave and scrubbing between my braids. I may even get an applicator bottle (like the ones used to apply hair dye) and fill it with shampoo and water so that I can directly apply it to the braids/scalp.
#3: Make sure that my hair is fully dry underneath the weave after I wash it to avoid getting fungus.

These are some of the things I've researched online prior to getting my hair done, and the stylist confirmed that it would be the best thing to do. I hate skimping on my workouts during this period, but there's no way I can workout as intensely as I normally do, because that would require for me to rinse my hair daily like I do with my natural locs.

Trust me girl, this is all new to me and is going to be very tough, 'cause I like to get to my scalp and wash/rinse my hair frequently. Truth be told, I may rip this mess out in two weeks :laugh:!

On second thought, I may have to scratch #2 above and wash my hair once a week. Going any longer than that will drive me crazy!

ladylibra

Lookin' Good!

i didn't understand this at first... i knew a girl in high school who wore weaves and her hair was BSL. at first i wondered why she wore weaves then, cuz the only other women i knew that wore weaves had little to no hair. but it started making sense after i thought about it... her weaves were always a different color than her own hair and she styled the heck outta them. but usually when she was weave-less, her hair was in a single braid. only every now and then did she wear her actual hair in a style (prom and graduation were the only 2 times i knew for sure it was her actual hair).

but yeah, i'll be glad when we can dispel this stereotype too... if ever we can... :perplexed