4B rollerset

lashannasmall

Has anyone ever done a successful rollerset on true 4B natural hair? I am not talking about 60% 4A with a few 4B patches. I saw medwzi's (probably spelled wrong). I was wondering if anyone else had attempted it.

I looked for you tube videos but I didn't see true 4B non defined curly heads.

I know that when I try to do Bantu knots or rollersets on my 4B hair, it still just looks like an Afro but with more texture. Don't get me wrong, it is cute but has anyone been able to get their 4B hair fairly straight with a Bantu Knot out or roller set?

I wanted to see if it was just me.

If you have, what were your techniques? Do you have any pics?

I was also thinking, the only way to really do it may be to do a blow out and get it fairly straight and then roller set or do bantu knots.

SouthernBeauty

I did a bantu knot out and I am 4b all the way. I usually just do my usual routine cowash, deep condition, leavein, moisturize and seal then I do my bantu knots and take them out the next day. Hth!

Attachments

• DSC_0005-vi.jpg
    DSC_0005-vi.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 50

MummysGirl

I think the OP means 4B natural hair, are you transitioning or natural (asking cos of your siggy)?

I did a bantu knot out and I am 4b all the way. I usually just do my usual routine cowash, deep condition, leavein, moisturize and seal then I do my bantu knots and take them out the next day. Hth!

lilsparkle825

bump

i wanna straighten my sister's hair for her middle school graduation but she is NOT a fan of all that heat on her head!

momi

Has anyone ever done a successful rollerset on true 4B natural hair? I am not talking about 60% 4A with a few 4B patches. I saw medwzi's (probably spelled wrong). I was wondering if anyone else had attempted it.

I looked for you tube videos but I didn't see true 4B non defined curly heads.

I know that when I try to do Bantu knots or rollersets on my 4B hair, it still just looks like an Afro but with more texture. Don't get me wrong, it is cute but has anyone been able to get their 4B hair fairly straight with a Bantu Knot out or roller set?

I wanted to see if it was just me.

If you have, what were your techniques? Do you have any pics?

I was also thinking, the only way to really do it may be to do a blow out and get it fairly straight and then roller set or do bantu knots.

My mil is a 4BBB and she gets roller sets every week. Her stylist rolls it and then runs the flat iron through lightly. I believe a 4B can achive a nice rollerset but only on heat-trained hair. If the hair is not used to heat, the rollerset would be used for drying and stretching and then a proper flat-iron would be in order. IMHO

Butterfly08

I did on my daughter's 4Z hair back when she was natural. It straightened out the kink a bit but didn't last very long. Still, it was softer and easier to manage. Her natural hair looks like tiny, teeny little corkscrews that tangle up and dread very quickly. :perplexed They are pretty up close but VERY difficult to comb through and style.