Phyto Index I or II Your Opinion Needed

camosil

I began using Phyto specific 6months ago. The first time I used the one for Thick Coarse hair, my hair came out straight and nice and still retained some body but I noticed I began to feel a little burn before it was washed out. The second time I used the one for delicate fine hair, thinking it would not cause any burn and my hair would not be as straight. Well the result was that my hair did not look like I got a relaxer it was more texturized even though she left it on longer than usual. The roots were not hard but you could still see curls and I noticed some breakage which is abnormal for me when I just get my hair done. I wished it was a little bit straighter but texturized. I am not sure if I am making sense. I believe because I had twelve weeks of new growth and my hair became more resistant to the milder relaxer or maybe because I did not clarify before and had a little build up of products on the hair.

My question is should I continue with the milder one and just continue texturizing and grow out the damaged and overprocessed ends or use the stronger relaxer for my thicker more resistant new growth and prevent breakage. Because compared to last relaxer I have more breakage or shedding even though it is not a lot. It is under control now since I did an Aphogee treatment and I wash every three days.

Even though it was underprocessed or texturized I am still going to stretch for twelve weeks which means even thicker new growth.

Any suggestions ladies?

Princess Pie

Maybe you could use index 2, and just leave it on for less time if you want straighter hair. There are people who texlax with index 2 with good results. Glad your breakage is under control. :)

newflowers

Maybe you could use index 2, and just leave it on for less time if you want straighter hair. There are people who texlax with index 2 with good results. Glad your breakage is under control. :)

What she said. It seems like you had a mostly good experience with Index II and not so much with I. Index IIis what I suggest and leave it on for a shorter period of time. I am curious about the burning because the lack of it is one of the many reasons why I love Phyto.

camosil

My mistake, it was not really burning unbearably , I think my hairdresser left it on a little longer than needed, it was more of a tingly burn and not a rinse it out now burn. Do I make sense I hope I did.

But thanks ladies I will try the Index II and just dont leave it as long.
I dont want very straight hair but at the same time I dont want under porcessed hair I guess I want texlax hair. hmmmm
I will see how it comes out in 7 weeks.