Peanut Oil?

Soliel185

About a year ago when I started this hair thing I became very interested in different oils. I began using the usual - jojoba, sweet almond etc etc, and later added some apricot and coconut/vatika. I noticed Walnut Oil and thought well if almond oil is good and oils with lots of essential fatty acids are good...then all nut oils are probably okay.

So goes the train of thought for a PJ/Unlicensed Mixologist :lachen:

I was in the oil aisle at the market, and the walnut oil was expensive so I was kinda bummed till I saw the peanut oil. So I bought some and I must say....I :love: it.

It seems like it actually strengthens my hair - but doesn't leave it brittle/dry like some proteins would. I seal my aloe Vera/Glycerine mix with it and my hair is soft, shiny, and silky with less breakage. Has anyone else tried this??

Soliel185

:bump::bump:

Y'all can sleep on the peanut oil if you want to -- more for me! I was just tryin to be e-neighborly! :lachen:

Last edited:

infojunkie

I thought the only thing you could do with peanut oil was deep fry turkeys for Thanksgiving. Do you know whether or not it helps with shedding and breakage? Not sure if you meant that when you said "strengthens" or if it gives your hair weight.

Guess I'll pick a little up next time I go to Wally World, you never know.

Oh and thanks neighbor. :drunk:

*Happily Me*

I use this in my hair on body. I mix this with olive oil, castor oil and veg glycerin. I'm a new oil mixologist :grin:

here are the ingredients:

Ingredients: top quality peanut oil, olive oil, lanoiln, mixed tocopherbs ( vitamin e oils as a natural preservative), and lavender oil.

Free Of
not tested on animals

Directions
For best results, apply after a bath or shower and feel it soak into your skin. Aura Grow makes an excellent face and body moisturizer, massage formula, tanning oil, after shave lotion, hair oil, bath oil.

Soliel185

It's a light/medium weight oil I guess. About the same density as jojoba oil. I've noticed less breakage and less shedding but it doesn't weigh my hair down.

It gives my hair a certain feel though -- hard to describe. Kind of like...really silky horse hair. :lachen:

Neith

I really like peanut oil :yep:

It's pretty thick, so it may not be the best for fine hair... but it's one of my favorites.

If used for sealing it really locks that moisture in, and a little goes a long way.

I also use it for hot oil treatments/deep conditioning and it really does make the hair feel so soft and conditioned.

Plus, it's cheap... I always love that.

After I finish my erm... 3 16 oz bottles of almond oil (I was being a pj :blush:) I'm going to return to peanut oil for hot oil treatments. Almond is fine, but I like peanut more.

Soliel185

I like peanut more too. My hair is so thick it kinda laughs at the really light oils like grapeseed and almond so now I mostly use them to cut my castor oil and make it less sticky. But the peanut oil is the perfect weight. :yep:

infojunkie

I use this in my hair on body. I mix this with olive oil, castor oil and veg glycerin. I'm a new oil mixologist :grin:

here are the ingredients:

Ingredients: top quality peanut oil, olive oil, lanoiln, mixed tocopherbs ( vitamin e oils as a natural preservative), and lavender oil.

Free Of
not tested on animals

Directions
For best results, apply after a bath or shower and feel it soak into your skin. Aura Grow makes an excellent face and body moisturizer, massage formula, tanning oil, after shave lotion, hair oil, bath oil.

O.k. I'm an oil fiend! And just where can I get this one from? :grin:

It's a light/medium weight oil I guess. About the same density as jojoba oil. I've noticed less breakage and less shedding but it doesn't weigh my hair down.

It gives my hair a certain feel though -- hard to describe. Kind of like...really silky horse hair. :lachen:

Well, alright, let's hear it for horsey hair! :lachen:

Neith

Really? I find it to be quite heavy. Not castor oil heavy, but heavy.

I use jojoba all the time and the jojoba is a lot lighter, even in the way it feels in my hands.

Soliel185

Really? I find it to be quite heavy. Not castor oil heavy, but heavy.

I use jojoba all the time and the jojoba is a lot lighter, even in the way it feels in my hands.

jojoba is the closest too it out of other oils I've used, but you're right -- it's heavier than that. I was thinking if castor is heavy and almond is light then peanut must be medium.

I usually only use a few drops - rub it over my palms/fingers and then work my hands through my hair. I haven't ever used it for a hot oil treatment though :scratchch:

Neith

jojoba is the closest too it out of other oils I've used, but you're right -- it's heavier than that. I was thinking if castor is heavy and almond is light then peanut must be medium.

I usually only use a few drops - rub it over my palms/fingers and then work my hands through my hair. I haven't ever used it for a hot oil treatment though :scratchch:

:poke: Try it! I think you'd like it :)

DaRealist

Hmmm, I may have to try this as I bought some peanut oil to cook with and only used it once since I've had it.
The bottle is still full.
Thanks for sharing!

OT: Love your avi pic!

*Muffin*

About a year ago when I started this hair thing I became very interested in different oils. I began using the usual - jojoba, sweet almond etc etc, and later added some apricot and coconut/vatika. I noticed Walnut Oil and thought well if almond oil is good and oils with lots of essential fatty acids are good...then all nut oils are probably okay.

So goes the train of thought for a PJ/Unlicensed Mixologist :lachen:

I was in the oil aisle at the market, and the walnut oil was expensive so I was kinda bummed till I saw the peanut oil. So I bought some and I must say....I :love: it.

It seems like it actually strengthens my hair - but doesn't leave it brittle/dry like some proteins would. I seal my aloe Vera/Glycerine mix with it and my hair is soft, shiny, and silky with less breakage. Has anyone else tried this??

Doesn't surprise me at all. As a matter of fact I mixed Peanut Butter in my conditioner and used it as a DC and my hair loved it! It had ingredients like peanut oil, molasses, and even honey so I was like "my hair has gotta love this", lol.

Neith

Is it peanut oil or sesame oil that supposedly changes the color of your hair?

It's said that sesame oil darkens the hair.

It's interesting... I'm not sure I believe it. They also say that honey lightens hair and I see a lot of ladies here that use it a lot and don't report any lightening of the hair.

BeautifulRoots

Hmm...peanut oil. So is peanut oil lighter than castor oil or heavier...I need something more on the heavy side for my hair...

Neith

Hmm...peanut oil. So is peanut oil lighter than castor oil or heavier...I need something more on the heavy side for my hair...

Lighter than castor, but heavier than any other oil I've tried.

Coconut may slightly heavier, I'm not sure because coconut is solid and peanut isn't.

chebaby

peanut oil is in the hair lotion that i am now using from hydratherma naturals. my hair likes the lotion so far. i might get some peanut oil and see how i like it.

Eisani

I stared at a bottle in Waly World today because of this thread. I might end up getting some, just because :look:. If all else fails, I can always cook something in it!

chebaby

im thinking about getting some. does it smell like peanuts? the smell of peanuts really make me sick.