Parts of My Hair Are See-thru

BeaLady

I have a section of my hair that I can see straight through. Once a hairdresser told me that this was damaged hair and needed to be cut. I really don't want to cut my hair. I've been using many techniques from this board(co-washing, mtg wgo, NTM). Would this be good enough to strengthen my hair so I won't have to get it cut?

I have had see through har in the past, i just cut it, but an alternative would be to trim it every so often if you are not ready for a cut. The methods you are using may help your hair overall but I'm not sure if it can 'fix' see through hair.

Maybe you can try a Aphogee Treatment, but if the hair is Damaged then maybe you might have to snip it a little, but Try some of those reconstructor. I know how you feel, One time my daughters hair was like that due to a hairdresser and what I did was give her a good protein treatment and a good deep conditioner and a good moisturizer and kept her hair in Rollersets or some kind of protective style and it finally begin to thicken up.

Is it only one side that is see thru? Just give your hair a rest for awhile if you can.

Lonei,
Thanks for the suggestion. I will try clipping a little of it.

NappyParadise,
Thanks, I will try those treatments. I might buy some Aphogee this week. I just noticed it a coulple of days ago. I blowdryed and flatironed my hair for the first time in about 10 years. I was so excited to see how long it really was.

I think I might to go back to my twists for awhile.

BeaLady said:
Lonei,
Thanks for the suggestion. I will try clipping a little of it.

NappyParadise,
Thanks, I will try those treatments. I might buy some Aphogee this week. I just noticed it a coulple of days ago. I blowdryed and flatironed my hair for the first time in about 10 years. I was so excited to see how long it really was.

I think I might to go back to my twists for awhile.

That sounds like a good idea! Let us know the outcome!

When did see thru hair become just being damaged?? My daughter was born with a head full of see thru hair and Im sure she wasnt born with a head full of damaged hair. I'd get a second opinion.

As Sky_blu said, maybe a second opinion is needed. Sometimes it's just a matter of a deficiency in B vitamins or even iron. You may want to look into it nutritionally first before cutting your hair. There are professional nutritionists who give free advice in many major health food stores, such as Whole Foods.

Also, drinking 2 ounces of 100% carrot juice daily thickens the hair as well as taking vitamin B5 (Pantothenic Acid).

You definately need protein in your routine. :yep: Everyone does. Even if your hair is damaged, I think you can still bring it back unless it has that fried look to it. I'm not sure if you can fix that fried look, but it is worth a try. Try that intensive conditioning treatment routine. It is somewhere on this board. It involves doing an aphogee treatment on the first day and then using nexxus emergencee every day after that for like 8 days. I'll do a search to see if I can find it for you.

I think you'll have to snip. You can't regrow damaged ends- you can thicken up new growth by the care you are giving but the ends are already damaged- the strand is stripped or split and if it's troubling to you how it looks, then do some trimming and let your new, healthy hair show.

Lovelylocs said:
You definately need protein in your routine. :yep: Everyone does. Even if your hair is damaged, I think you can still bring it back unless it has that fried look to it. I'm not sure if you can fix that fried look, but it is worth a try. Try that intensive conditioning treatment routine. It is somewhere on this board. It involves doing an aphogee treatment on the first day and then using nexxus emergencee every day after that for like 8 days. I'll do a search to see if I can find it for you.

Wow! That's not too much protein?? :eek:

Lovelylocs said:

I think I found it: http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=81237&highlight=nexxus+emergencee+day

Here is another one: http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=17553&highlight=nexxus+emergencee+day

I also bumpped both the pages!

MonaRae

hi bea lady. I think you need to do a little more product and method testing to figure out what your hair is missing. I think you are missing daily moisture or protein treatments. Or perhaps too many relaxers? maybe you are doing them, but not using the right product or doing it the right way for your hair. the reason i say this is, that was the issue with my hair. I started trying all kinds of suggestions from this site and found what works for me. You can take a look at my fotki if you want to see before and after pics. now i don't have any thinning ends at all. Unfortunately you cant fix see-thru ends. HOWEVER you can MASK them... i masked them by never wearing my hair straight without any curl. i'd always curl the ends in soft curls (using curuso rollers, or a flat-iron if i wanna be bad) so you can't see the thin ends.... But to solve the problem, you can only cut them off, and make sure you know how to prevent them so that the cycle won't continue. I never did chop my hair off, i would just gradually dust after every touch-up. after maybe 5months, they are gone. Like i said...find the right regimen for your hair so that they won't return...

HTH and good luck!

mermaid said:
I think you'll have to snip. You can't regrow damaged ends- you can thicken up new growth by the care you are giving but the ends are already damaged- the strand is stripped or split and if it's troubling to you how it looks, then do some trimming and let your new, healthy hair show.

ditto.......

I would just cut them off. They are damaged and are detracting from the overall beauty of the hair.

i agree with mizani mrs adding some curl usually makes your hair look fuller. you can trim away the ends little by little to avoid a big cut and you can pin curl your hair if you want to avoid heat. just use some bobby pins to curl your hair like how it would look if it had rollers in them or use rollers.

Back