***PAGING ALL SELF BRAIDERS WITH EXTENSIONS***

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
Hello everyone! I am geting ready to attemp braiding my own hair. I will be doing the small single braids. I have different lengths of hair on different parts of my head. Some of the hair is about 8 inches other parts are as short as 1-2 inches. Could anyone offer any advice on what to do with the shorter parts of hair? Also does anyone have advice on parting and hand positioning for the front and back sections? Do you use mirrors in the front and back? Any advice would be much appreciated. I want this to come out decent so I will take my time. I recently praticed on my daughter but her hair is all the same length so that was fairly easy. Am I up for too much of a challenge? Please advise!

Lee

I went to a site yesterday, to research on how to put my own extensions in. I went to the professionals last Friday and I told the lady not too tight. You know she didn't listen. A week later, I'm fighting with my scalp with 100% shea butter on the tender spots. My own mixed leave in treatment which consist of distilled water smooth and sleek conditioner and Joboba oil. Well enough about my problems, here is a site I found yesterday. I hope this helps you. http://www.btinternet.com/~quinnster1/hair/braids.html

sassygirl125

Professional PJ
I used a mirror front and back when I did my braids. The short part of my hair is in the middle of my head. I just left that part unbraided and wore the top part in a high ponytail. Sometimes I wore all of it in a high ponytail, but that was heavy.

shelli4018

Has anyone purchased one of those videos that show you how to braid your hair? The hair lady has one. I also saw one for $60 on amazon.com. I wonder if they're worth the money?

londongirl3

I do my braids all the time. I use a mirror for the front only. I don't braid looking into the mirror because I find it harder. I just make the partings and then braid.

I generally use a comb to part without looking into the mirror and I probably get 1 or 2 faulty braids which is nothing compared to my large head.

Good luck and make sure you have enough time or can recruit some of your friends to help.

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
[ QUOTE ]
Has anyone purchased one of those videos that show you how to braid your hair? The hair lady has one. I also saw one for $60 on amazon.com. I wonder if they're worth the money?

[/ QUOTE ]I am hearing some great advice here! Thanks. I purchased the hair lady's video and if you are just beginning like me then this is perfect. She only shows how to do single braids but she does show different ends techniques. It was worth it for the $20 I spent!

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
[ QUOTE ]
I used a mirror front and back when I did my braids. The short part of my hair is in the middle of my head. I just left that part unbraided and wore the top part in a high ponytail. Sometimes I wore all of it in a high ponytail, but that was heavy.

[/ QUOTE ]My shortest part is the nape area. I will leave that unbraided an just cover it with the braids from the top. Thanks for this great tip!