Paddle Brushes

MizaniMami

Do any of us use paddle brushes? Are they as harmful as other brushes?

I was looking at that rollersetting fotki and he was saying that he used a paddle brush to wrap up her hair into the saran wrap. Do you ladies recommend using a paddle brush-large that is?

I had a paddle type brush with the little ball tips on the end. I stopped using it because I think it split my ends. Now I use a Goody Denman knock off brush and I like it. I think these type brushes (minus the ball tips) are less damaging because they have a lot less bristles. They are more like souped-up combs.

MizaniMami

nikki1971 said:
I have a large and small Aveda paddle brushes. I love them!

Those are the ones I want!! I want both of them (pics)

But I reaaaaaly want this one

It is raved about so much on MUA. Do you recommend only this one or both of them?
http://a248.e.akamai.net/www.aveda.com/images/products2/large/av_A09C_162.jpg

Crystalicequeen123

I use a paddle brush all the time! :yep: I love them.

I think they're less damaging than the boar bristled brushes since there aren't so many bristles. I only use the boar bristled brushes to smooth my edges, but other than that...I use the paddle brush. It gives a good scalp massage, and it detangles pretty well too. As long as you don't brush your hair too hard, I think most soft brushes can be okay as long as you don't use them TOO often.

LovelyZ

I use the Denman detangling brush to rollerset. It slips through my wet hair easily so that I get a smooth set on my roller.

I only use the paddle brush for wrapping (not on wet hair) before bed at night or to "unwrap" if I am wearing a straighter style.

Allandra

I have a big ole wide pink paddle brush. It's by Conair (got it years ago). I love it for wrapping my hair (makes it so easy for me). Without that brush, there would be no wrapping my hair. I never use it on wet hair (no way, no how).

seeminglysweet

I love paddle brushes, some can pull the hair out tho so be careful and try to get one that looks to be good quality.

I currently have a big square one like the one in that picture, it's supposed to be ionic but its just a brush, does nothing special. I mainly use mine for wrapping and blowdrying

blackbarbie

I have the big paddle brush like the second one in the previous picture. I use it for wrapping my hair around my head and that's it.