OYIN OR CAROL'S DAUGHTER (or other)

carol's daughter, oyin or "other" for natural hair (and relaxed)

• carol's daughter

Votes: 5 15.2%
  • oyin

Votes: 14 42.4%
  • other (please post what brand)

Votes: 14 42.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ms*x

i am looking for a good line of products for my natural-haired daughters...carol's daughter products are just okay, but that oyin looks good, so what do you ladies think? carol's daughter, oyin or something else?

disclaimer****these products are subject to be used on my relaxed hair as well****:p

Tee

I love Oyin! CD is good. I have a few of the products from the line that I really love.

I am sure you will get plenty of recommendations for Qhemet also. But I love love love Oyin. I haven't used not 1 product that I did not like from this line. (and they all smell yummy too) :thumbsup:

Enchantmt

Progress...not perfection
Oyin is a great line, Qhemet and myhoneychild.com

http://qhemetbiologics.com/

http://oyinhandmade.com/oyin/index.php

http://myhoneychild.com/

oyin and qhemet have sample packs and myhoneychild.com has samples of most of her products for 1.00 each.

I have never used carol daughters products.

If you tell us more about their hair...length..type if you know it..condition...how you normally style it, what you currently use or want to replace... then we can probably give you better recommendations. :)

ms*x

qhemet, huh? *scratching head*...this is good...i'm glad i posted this because i truly need one good line and something i can use for myself as well...i've texlaxed, so i am looking for something more natural these days...thanx!

ms*x

Enchantmt said:
Oyin is a great line, Qhemet and myhoneychild.com

http://qhemetbiologics.com/

http://oyinhandmade.com/oyin/index.php

http://myhoneychild.com/

oyin and qhemet have sample packs and myhoneychild.com has samples of most of her products for 1.00 each.

I have never used carol daughters products.

If you tell us more about their hair...length..type if you know it..condition...how you normally style it, what you currently use or want to replace... then we can probably give you better recommendations. :)
i have 2 daughters, one has extremely thick hair and i braid it in little braids all over...the other has very, very thin hair that breaks and pulls out very easily and i braid her hair extremely gently...i'm sure you can see the quandry i'm facing here...

one need managablility...the other needs hair growth stimulation and protection.

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
I love Qhemet and Oyin and would highly recommend products from either line. I was really empressed by both. Never tried CD though.

thefineprint

I adore Oyin. I use their products weekly and love that they don't leave build-up, are all natural/paraben free now and smell great. I have not yet tried Carol's Daughter because I'm sticking with Oyin for now.

P

patient1

Oyin and Qhemet both have great products. Honestly, I think I favor them over CD now but I used to be a loyal customer. I enjoyed the sensory pleasures of visiting her Brooklyn boutique.

Might I suggest...

Order from Curlmart. The most popular products from both lines are available there, you can try a bit of both, and save on shipping. I think myhoneychild is available as well. You'll get it a bit quicker too as they will have it in stock. Although, ordering directly from the mixtresses themselves is always more fun for some intangible reason. :)

hth,
p1

mslionheart

I REALLY love the Qhemet Olive Cream Detangler. It not only helps detangle but also works as a terrific moisturizer. I don't like using a lot of products so having a multi-purpose product like that is great.

Carol's Daughter Healthy Hair Butter used to be a staple, but since the company went into wider distribution, the owner added some preservatives to the formula and I'm a little wary of buying it without knowing how it will work.

saqqara

patient1 said:
Oyin and Qhemet both have great products. Honestly, I think I favor them over CD now but I used to be a loyal customer. I enjoyed the sensory pleasures of visiting her Brooklyn boutique.

Might I suggest...

Order from Curlmart. The most popular products from both lines are available there, you can try a bit of both, and save on shipping. I think myhoneychild is available as well. You'll get it a bit quicker too as they will have it in stock. Although, ordering directly from the mixtresses themselves is always more fun for some intangible reason. :)

hth,
p1

Qhemet is my fav too. Now that she has a shampoo, it really completes the line. :love:

Patient1, she's not selling on Curlmart anymore, they're at www.Curlicious.com now.

asha

I am texlaxed and I love Quemet..did not really like carol's daughter. I have never tried Oyin.

P

patient1

saqqara said:
Qhemet is my fav too. Now that she has a shampoo, it really completes the line. :love:

Patient1, she's not selling on Curlmart anymore, they're at www.Curlicious.com now.

Thanks for that!!! I'll bookmark now!

p1

ms*x

boy, do y'all ROCK!!!!
i shall be saving my lil' post xmas pennies to try the suggestions here...
thanks again, ladies!:D

EMJazzy

Happily retired
I've never tried CD or Oyin....My new favorite line is Blended Beauty and Blended Cutie that line also smells really really good. :lick: Now if you don't need your products to smell good then I'd also recommend Qhemet Biologics.

healthyhair2

I think that Jane Carter Solution and Curls are better than either one of those personally. The ingredients that they use are better.These products can be used on relaxed or natural hair.

EMJazzy

Happily retired
healthyhair2 said:
I think that Jane Carter Solution and Curls are better than either one of those personally. The ingredients that they use are better.These products can be used on relaxed or natural hair.

I almost forgot about Curls I use that also but not the entire line....

plainj

Qhemet Biologics for my relaxed hair and my daughter's 4b natural hair. Amla & Olive Heavy Cream--very moisturizing.

LadyJay114

i wasn't impressed with carol's daughter... i'm glad its become successful, but i think the quality of their products dropped when they mass distributed.

I love:
Qhemet Biologics (www.qhemetbiologics.com)
& Karen's Body Beautiful (www.karensbodybeautiful.com)

grnidmonster

I LUV Qhemet, but I'm thinking about cheating with Karensbodybeautiful:look:. I have given up all other products for the Qhemet line. I went on vacation to Mississippi this last week and took nothing but, the detangler and the hydration oil. Washed my hair, applied and air dried. I got so many compliments:) . Again, I luv Qhemet:Blush2:

PhonyBaloney500

I looove Oyin (whipped pudding, shine and define serum, etc.). I've only tried bits of Qhemet that a friend gave me--it was OK...I haven't been compelled yet to order a sampler....yet!

Netta1

Knotty boy (peppermint) dreadloc spray is the BOMB for scalp iches..Some CD products are okay..

I would like to try an herbal rinse...

LilMissRed

I wasted money on CD products for my daughters hair... my little ones hair does better w/gylcerin/water and a lil curly pudding.. my older daughters hair loves the more simple things like water/glycerin and a lil conditioner