Ovation/ Mega Tek Didin't work for you

luckiestdestiny

my hair grew well, I held on for a month and then quit because I didn't like how dry my hair got. now I just eat Nori (seaweed)for growth, which I was doing before. Come to think of it...maybe Nori was growing it? Hmmm:rolleyes: Anyways, I'd rather have healthy hair, than dry hair. I didn't want to risk it. Now I'm back to my normal routine and it's all good.

AfroKink

For those that didn't get increased growth who many days a week were you using it, and how many weeks were you at it.

Lys

explosiva9

I was just about to ask the same question.:perplexed How long were u ladies using it before you gave up? Because in the initial thread created by Sareca, the first month she had little to no growth because she used it maybe once or twice a week. She increased it to every day or every other day and then her hair bloomed. So it takes time for it to work so if you have only been using it for 2-3 weeks or even a month, then you prob didn't give it enough time to work. Also, if you were inconsistent, then thats an issue also.

And in reference to dryness, many ladies experienced that. But by adding oils to the mix, it nixed the dryness issue.

I myself have recently added megatek to my regi. I mixed it with carrot, rosemary, and pure jojoba oil and my hair is super soft. No build-up. I use it everyday on the scalp. I had ng which I wanted to stretch and it made my ng more manageable. Also stopped my breakage and I have no shedding yet. I poo with garlic shampoo and dc with the alter ego garlic cond. So far, so good, knock on wood. Now just waiting for the growth.

EX

ayoung

Yep, try the pills!! (deorderized if you don't want to burp up garlic:look:)
Worked soooo fast! I took 2 everyday for like 4 days and now I just take 2 every few days.

TRY it---myself and few others have had success with the garlic pills.:yep: for m--its easier than incorp. other products into my haircare routine.

My shedding was crazy before and it's cool now--no problems

I'd like to know as well and when does the shedding decrease while taking the garlic capsuels i am on my 4th day and my hair is still shedding.

explosiva9

I think so as every person had their own mix of oils they add to their megatek. Oh, and I also have emu oil in my mix. The emu and jojoba are excellent at combating dryness which is why I chose them.

Last edited:
so. . .:perplexed i mean if you guys dont want your MT anymore :look: you know you could always ship it me:look: i dont mind taking it off your hands. in fact, i feel it is my duty as your fellow member on LHCF to rid you of growth aids that didnt work for you :grin:

JustKiya

:bump:

This is interesting - it seems like overall, if you use it consistently, it works.......

Last edited:

Ganjababy

I think it was at least 6 weeks? or more of using OCT before I saw any increased growth rate. I went from under 0.5" per month to 1" per month growth. I had to increase my applications to daily to get 1". I really found that unbelivable! I did not think it was possible to get 1" hair growth per month. I changed from OCT to MT 3 weeks ago and my next monthly update is less than a week away. I refuse to measure before then, however since switching from OCT to MT I dont feel I have had the same 1" rate (also I have been slacking in my daily applications) but I wont know for sure until I measure it.

I do feel that OCT is better for MY hair as I had less breakage and it seems MT makes my hair dryer and tougher than OCT. However I have decided to add oils to the MT as of today and see how that goes. I am worried though that it will decrease its potency. OCT is too expensive as I have to pay 70 dollars + for import duties and shipping additional to the price of 56$.

LondonDiva

:bump:

This is interesting - it seems like overall, if you use it consistently, it works.......

Consistency is key. I just apply MT now as part of my daily routine so I'm in the habit now of not forgetting. For some people maybe it just doesn't work but there are others that use it 3 times in say 2 weeks and expect to be sitting on their hair. I know how that is though, because even when I had a bush under there, felt the new growth and saw it, I was still looking for something remarkable to happen....what I don't know. Hell it's working again now and I'm still impatient like what if it was a one time thing.

LondonDiva

I think it was at least 6 weeks? or more of using OCT before I saw any increased growth rate. I went from under 0.5" per month to 1" per month growth. I had to increase my applications to daily to get 1". I really found that unbelivable! I did not think it was possible to get 1" hair growth per month. I changed from OCT to MT 3 weeks ago and my next monthly update is less than a week away. I refuse to measure before then, however since switching from OCT to MT I dont feel I have had the same 1" rate (also I have been slacking in my daily applications) but I wont know for sure until I measure it.

I do feel that OCT is better for MY hair as I had less breakage and it seems MT makes my hair dryer and tougher than OCT. However I have decided to add oils to the MT as of today and see how that goes. I am worried though that it will decrease its potency. OCT is too expensive as I have to pay 70 dollars + for import duties and shipping additional to the price of 56$.

The potency won't be decreaded. I used mine mixed with that thick castor oil and got results. Just a drop will do nothing major.

Lavendar

Well after holding out for so long, I just tried it this week and that stuff jacked my hair up. :wallbash::wallbash: My hair was so dry, matted together, and ropey. I thought here we go again...I should have learned my lesson well after my Aveda fiasco. The little commercial video I watched claimed these products were all natural but the creme rinse has lots of silicone, but I used it against my better judgement. It took four clarifying washes in 3 days to remove the coating from my hair, and I'm still not convinced it's totally off but my hair did finally feel a little softer today. Now I'm not saying I had the problem with the OCT; it doesn't have cones, but the shampoo and rinse definitely were a no-no. I don't know what it was or if it was the combination, but I'm not taking any chances. It was like having an EXTREME protein treatment (ironically my hair loves protein). My hair did not shed ...IT BROKE. It just keep breaking and breaking. The more I combed and tried to detangle, the more it broke. So I just stopped. I'm sending it back. I'd be crazy to keep using this to see when the breaking will stop....probably when I'm bald.

LondonDiva

Well after holding out for so long, I just tried it this week and that stuff jacked my hair up. :wallbash::wallbash: My hair was so dry, matted together, and ropey. I thought here we go again...I should have learned my lesson well after my Aveda fiasco. The little commercial video I watched claimed these products were all natural but the creme rinse has lots of silicone, but I used it against my better judgement. It took four clarifying washes in 3 days to remove the coating from my hair, and I'm still not convinced it's totally off but my hair did finally feel a little softer today. Now I'm not saying I had the problem with the OCT; it doesn't have cones, but the shampoo and rinse definitely were a no-no. I don't know what it was or if it was the combination, but I'm not taking any chances. It was like having an EXTREME protein treatment (ironically my hair loves protein). My hair did not shed ...IT BROKE. It just keep breaking and breaking. The more I combed and tried to detangle, the more it broke. So I just stopped. I'm sending it back. I'd be crazy to keep using this to see when the breaking will stop....probably when I'm bald.

I'm sorry to hear the OCT didn't work for you.

Rain20

So far no results for me. I have been using for approx one month. I may be a person that just does not respond to the Eqyss products. But I will try for 2 months. I just hate to pay the 50+ dollars again. I use the product directly on my scalp and mix with BT.

Wildkat08

What is the best lightest natural oil to mix with OCT to combat dryness? I have 3B fine natural hair, and I wanna be able to continue my OCT application when I wear my hair straight, but my hair is easily weighed down. what oil will absorb quickly, be moisturizing, but not interfere with that light airy look I like when I roller set and flat iron? Any suggestions ladies?

melodies815

I have seen women write about

* Extra Virgin Olive Oil
* Coconut Oil (a serious favorite from all I have read)
* Red Palm Oil

I hope this is helpful, but I also hole some others who have used OCT a lot can chime in for you. MT worked well for me when I was consistent.

cj