Ovation Cell Therapy/Mega-Tek questions

C

cieramichele

The Ovation Cell Therapy/Mega-Tek challengethread is like 100 pages and I'd be reading for months trying to find what I need to know. For the ladies that have experience with these products, I have a few questions.

1. What are the ingredients with each?
2. How did your rate of growth change?
3. Did your texture change for better or for worse?
4. Does one work better than the other?
5. Will using them together give you even MORE results?
6. Any discounts anywhere?

I like the idea of the OCT being non toxic and all. You girls are driving my inner PJ crazy. :sad:

May I have a collection of comparison pictures?

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
I just posted this in the "Truth" thread.

Originally Posted by dontspeakdefeat
Awww. Thank you. I do have some pics in my fotki but i will post them here too.

Keep looking out for updates im probably going to update about every ten weeks or so. I am getting ready to start wearing extensions again. This short hair done got on my last nerve. lol

Let me know if you notice any results.

This is the photo i took on January 28, 2008. This was 3 days after I started using the OCT.

I took this photo approximately one month later on Feb 27. 2008

...and more

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLove74
Here are progress pics. I'm using OCT and I also take Alta Silica and PhytoSpecific Cap'Energy pills. I was very skeptical at first, but I'm a believer. My hair feels really good, I love the smell and I think it's a keeper :yep::yep:

last cut (mini-BC) February 4th

Now: March 23rd

and more...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustKiya
Okay, ya'll.

I'm a believer.

I've been growing hair for a little less than 2 years (I count May 2006 as the start, as I dyed my hair platinum blond - and I ended up cutting it all off, so I might as well have shaved my head), and I have roughly 6 inches of hair. Miserably, that means that my hair only grows about 1/4 inch a month - on average. I suspect it grows a little faster in the summer time, but it slows down a lot in the winter. Anyhow. 1/4 inch a month is the growth rate I was assuming I had.

I started at barely a 1/4 inch below my nose. By the 15th, I was almost to my upper lip - maybe at the 1/3 of an inch mark. Today, though, I'm WELL at my lip crease (ignoring the two or three strands I was holding onto to hold the braid down) which would be the inch mark. That would mean that I grew 3/4 of an inch in a MONTH. Three. quarters. of. AN. INCH!!! *faint* :woot:

Thats three times normal, ya'll. And that's AVERAGED out normal, not summer normal, which is MUCH faster than the normal I'm working with right now (the weather hasn't shifted fully here yet).

:drool:

I'm truly a believer. I don't know HOW it works - but - :bouncegre:bouncegre :bouncegre :bouncegre I'm SO sold. The only thing I shifted was that out of the last - 6 or 7 days before I took the last set of pics I've used it maybe 4 times, instead of previously, where I might have only used it twice every 7 days.

AND! We aren't even going to TALK about the amount of breakage I had this time. Hardly none. Nor - nor - are we going to talk about how EASY my hair was to detangle - EVEN though I actually wore a twist-out this weekend (which, I haven't done in months, because the last time I did - and much less SLEPT on it - I was nearly in tears at the end of my detangling session). I think I'm in :love3:

One thing I did notice - there seemed to be a wee bit more shedding. Not that I really MIND, as I'd rather a hair shed (natural death) vs. break (hair homicide), but I'm wondering if the increased growth rate is booting those hairs that were near the end of their life out a little early?
Has anyone else noticed more shedding?

:bouncy: :bouncy:

I'm a lil giddy, ya'll.

C

cieramichele

thanks for the pictures.

any ladies have answers to my questions?

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
I was gonna start an Ovation/Mega Tek thread too!

DSD, those are some awesome progress pics! Wow! :shocked:

Is Ovation/Mega Tek kinda like MTG/Human MTG (the same thing, but one's made for humans at a jacked up price?)

Is Eqyss in the Mega Tek line, or is it something totally different? Does Mega Tek change your hair texture/softness like Ovation does?

C

cieramichele

bump.

I have the answers to some of the questions but..

JFemme

I'd like to know what the ingredients are in the OCT...

cant seem to find that info anywheeeere....:look:

TIA....

Foxglove

A drop of golden sun
The original is a long thread but it's really worth reading. All the questions and more are answered, progress pics, what people are mixing with, stuff like that. Just set aside a couple of hours.

C

cieramichele

The original is a long thread but it's really worth reading. All the questions and more are answered, progress pics, what people are mixing with, stuff like that. Just set aside a couple of hours.

Sigh, ive been trying to avoid that lol