Ovation Cell Therapy/Mega Tek Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

girlyprincess23

is there like a next update scheduled or is everyone pretty much just winging it? Also I beleive I found the answer to my own slippage question. When the roots are dry I can feel my natural texture in there so I know it's not slippage YEAH!!!. last week/ week and a half or so ago my nephew measured it for me and it was over a half an inch. today makes a month since I put the kinkys in I'll see if I can get a pic of the ng, it's truly amazing, I believe over an inch in some ares, an inch even in others, and just under in others (it always grows like this). I'll have to update in kinkys for the next 2 months (until August) but i'm just so excited I can't believe I will have 3 inches or more of ng when I take these out!!!

PittiPat

My little update is to say .... my hair has grown and thickened up quite a bit, and I have very minimal shedding and no breakage. However, I am not seeing much progress on my alopecia-effected areas (a girl can dream). I guess it's really dead there, huh? Anyway, is anyone else with this condition having better results? :sad:

Serenity_Peace

Genius never dies!
*Personal note to you all*

I see this all like hindsight is 20/20 now , that I never should have started that thread while upset! and directed my frustration at everyone using this product as a whole or as you all one in the same! I am sorry to all of you for that part of my wrong doing! In my heart the whole time I didnt see it that way, now I can and do! The saddest part of all is the reason I got called 'captain save a head' was because I am actually known to really try to help, but it hurt me and I reacted to that , but it never should have been directed at the people using this product as a whole. The funny thing (not really funny at all though) is all of us went at it and I just realized that the one that called me a name never even showed up while we were all in an uproar! It was my mistake letting my upset play into someone's hand! I should know better and I apologize to all of you' as though all of you 'were acting the way I was accusing' that one or two in the other thread of being! I hope and pray this doesnt spark any more drama as that is the last thing I want. I did have my feelings about the risks and am not here to reapeat any of that! I am just sorry , really sorry that I reacted out of my frustration, speaking to all who use this product as a whole, that was really really wrong. And I JUST want you to know , that I truly do wish you all (all of you) the best and as usual, happy hair growing! I dont know if things will ever be 'lhcf as usual' ever again, but I couldnt part from this without a formal apology on my part to each of you! I Know where I felt wronged and it was wrong for me to lash out because of it, Trust me usually I know better! I hope there is forgivness from here, if not I understand! hugs to all of you! take care of yourselves and your hair! (there is no sarcasm whatsoever in me) I PRAY you all know that! God bless!

You're alright with me, sweetheart! :kiss::kiss:

LondonDiva

What the..........??? So none of y'all could grab a sistah, just ride off on your bald horses with your long flowing hair forgetting me:nono:....i was like where are the OCT/MT posts on my blackberry i woke up this morning to read NOTHING you fast hair growing heffers just ran off and left me with nothing but a blanket of my hair to keep me warm:mad:

Soooooooooooooooo

My newgrowth is starting to get crazy.

Thats all

Mine too. I've been avoiding looking in the mirror as I am a patient grower now thanks to my belief in MT and checked the back with my 2 mirrors last night. It looksa as though I may have 1-1 1/2 inches in approx 23 days. The NG is so soft it's decieving to the eye.

JustKiya

What the..........??? So none of y'all could grab a sistah, just ride off on your bald horses with your long flowing hair forgetting me:nono:....i was like where are the OCT/MT posts on my blackberry i woke up this morning to read NOTHING you fast hair growing heffers just ran off and left me with nothing but a blanket of my hair to keep me warm:mad:

:funny: :lachen:

Girl, stop!!! And I ain't mad at you for getting the stright updates on the blackberry!!! And folx talk about celebs can't be on here cuz they don't have enough free time! :lachen:

LondonDiva

Nice and Wavy and London Diva, y'all have made a quick believer out of me. I'm bout to order a bottle of MegaTek today... or, er, as soon as the check clears :lachen:

Hopefully I'll have ordered my bottle before the next week is out, and at some point in the very near future I'll be relaxing after March - Now stretch. So assuming I don't end up noticeably underprocessed, I'll be able to track it all. 1/4th inch a week? I'm bout to faint just thinking about it...

One thing I'm wondering about is how I'll toe the moisture/protein line... my hair just seems to be whatever on products. It just goes with the flow. The only time my hair really seems to act up is too much manipulation and if I flat iron a lot. I want to keep doing long stretches, so hopefully my new growth won't be really unmanageable.

I'm officially in here! Hi!

Relaxed users: how long do you guys go between touch ups?

ETA: how's it going for those doing the megatek w/ mn mix?

It is getting HARD to stretch. I was a 6 month stretcher with the help of braids every 3 months. BRAIDS and MT??? forget it, in 23 days I swear I have an inch plus, I retwisted my side twists last night and said hell no from my cut at the end of April it was 3 inches past my collar bone (see pic #1 in siggy) I even noticed a difference in length since my hair wash last weekend. So wearing braids and fast growth is just not even worth the time and I don't want to look like whoopi goldberg on a daily (and before anyone gets upset I used to wear locs myself...a disclaimer is always needed on LHCF these days as to not upset folks:rolleyes:) So right now I'd say 8 weeks and I really don't want to do that but as there is substantial new growth the possibility of overlapping is minimised, plus I'm a careful self relaxer.

I can't answer your 2nd question as I mix mine with a drop of oil and some SAA.

Good luck with your MT :yep:

LondonDiva

:funny: :lachen:

Girl, stop!!! And I ain't mad at you for getting the stright updates on the blackberry!!! And folx talk about celebs can't be on here cuz they don't have enough free time! :lachen:

Every damn celeb has a blackberry and probably a laptop on every flight they take. They read the blogs and websites about em. out of 41,000 LHCF members you better believe some MUST be famous.

And Nia (Long) if you're here. I heard about your rude self on the other thread. Fix up before you get popped in the jaw :lachen:

Takes one to know one...:giggle:

:hide:

You better hide :yep:

:lachen::lachen:

You ladies are a trip. Well at least there's a happy rainbow over LHCF today.

WTH did that come from? I sound corny as hell.....happy rainbow :nono:

:lachen:

caribgirl

My little update is to say .... my hair has grown and thickened up quite a bit, and I have very minimal shedding and no breakage. However, I am not seeing much progress on my alopecia-effected areas (a girl can dream). I guess it's really dead there, huh? Anyway, is anyone else with this condition having better results? :sad:

Good for you PittiPat! Just keep applying it to those "hard to grow" areas and increase your moisture and massages. I too have small bald areas at my temples and I have noticed fuzzies there since starting MT 2 weeks now :yep:! I know it will take more time but if it can be done, I am going to stick with the MT and pray for results!!!! Keep growing and using that MT/OCT, sis :yep:!

AVE One

I received my OCT today and plan to apply to my scalp every other day with sweet almond oil (for now). I only wash once a week so hopefully that won’t cause any problems….. I may have to work a co-wash in there somewhere.

Whoo hoo, this is my first challenge and I am so motivated (also start the LHCF Bootcamp next week). I am pretty new to healthy hair care. I have some scalp issues from wearing extensions (had to let those go) so I am trying to fill in those thin (alopecia looking) areas. With the results that I have been seeing from the other challengers hopefully OCT will work for me.

Last edited:

sunshinebeautiful

Question:

Are all the MT users putting the amino stuff in their mixes?

Adding more protein? :eek:

Is anyone else besides me just using the MT straight, no chaser?I haven't noticed any additional shedding or dryness or anything. I just apply straight to the scalp.

JustKiya

Adding more protein? :eek:

Is anyone else besides me just using the MT straight, no chaser?I haven't noticed any additional shedding or dryness or anything. I just apply straight to the scalp.

Ya know, I know SAA is a protein, but it doesn't ACT like a protein on my hair, so :look: I tend to forget that it is one. :lol:

I doubt that everyone is adding the SAA to the mix, though.

Cassandra1975

I have that same issue. Aside from a patch of gray hairs that is straight up THRIVING over my right temple, that area pretty much remains thin. The left temple seems slightly better. But I am definitely retaining length and having it get thicker in all other areas of my head. I'm trying to just massage it and be patient.

foxieroxienyc

Ladies I'm sooooooo excited! My MT came in the mail! I ordered it Friday night and it arrived Thurs morn. I'm going to start applying it to my scalp tonight after my co-wash!

I'm so tempted to take down my bun right now and get to work... lol:look:

KPH

House Head
Ya know, I know SAA is a protein, but it doesn't ACT like a protein on my hair, so :look: I tend to forget that it is one. :lol:

I doubt that everyone is adding the SAA to the mix, though.

Oh, okay. I think i said earlier, if I order MT and buy all the additions, it will cost the same in the end as a bottle of CT.

KPH

House Head
I have that same issue. Aside from a patch of gray hairs that is straight up THRIVING over my right temple, that area pretty much remains thin. The left temple seems slightly better. But I am definitely retaining length and having it get thicker in all other areas of my head. I'm trying to just massage it and be patient.

GIRL, YOU SAY GRAY HAIRS. My left temple is white and to part it on that side, JESUS CHRIST, open it up and I look like Santa Claus.

Soliel185

So in the battle between MT and MB...MT wins :ohwell: I used it last night on my straightened hair and I have a spongy little trampoline of reversion going on under the surface of my crown area. :lachen: The rest of my scalp seems fine though - still straight.

Senegalese

Hi Ladies,

First of all I wanted to thank u all for all the wonderful tips, I am new to the forum, I will be receiving my OCT system tomorrow and would like to be added to the challenge. My hair is very thin and damaged, my hairline is quasi bald because of years of weaves. I am currently using Sulu Max Gro and I will switch to OCT as soon as I receive my package.
Here's the regimen that I'm going to have:
  • Shampoo with Ovation, Apply Cell Therapy to my scalp everyday overnight
  • Moisturize with NTM
  • Rinse with Ovation Rinse in the morning, cowash with nexxus humectress, moisturize with NTM and seal with castor oil and coconut oil
  • Use queen Helen garlic shampoo once a week to prevent breakage
  • Once a week Prepoo with EVOO+Garlic+ Castor oil+coconut oil moisturizing shampoo, and DC with Silicon mix conditionner
Can u please tell me if this regimen would be good, is the moisture-protein balance good.
I am currently taking Prenatal as growth aid and I am planning to use MSM, has anyone seen good growth with MSM, are there any side effects?

Thank you

Last edited:
Since the next update/length check in is on Sept 1, is it still cool for me to join the challenge now? I already plan to officially begin on Sunday with a fresh set of box braids using Mega tek.

leona2025

I ordered my Mega Tek Thursday and I got it last night. I'm officially starting this challenge. Here is my current length. I hope to gain about 3 to 5 more inches and some thickness. Oh is cholesterol conditioner moisturizing? I put some on two days ago and went to work with on. I was going to wash it out, but it made my hair so soft I just left it on.

JustKiya

Oh, okay. I think i said earlier, if I order MT and buy all the additions, it will cost the same in the end as a bottle of CT.

True, true!! I already had the extras :)look: I'm a hair alchemist, what can I say! :lachen: ) but yeah, to get it just for that - Ovation system is about the same cost.

Hi Ladies,

First of all I wanted to thank u all for all the wonderful tips, I am new to the forum, I will be receiving my OCT system tomorrow and would like to be added to the challenge. My hair is very thin and damaged, my hairline is quasi bald because of years of weaves. I am currently using Sulu Max Gro and I will switch to OCT as soon as I receive my package.
Here's the regimen that I'm going to have:
  • Shampoo with Ovation, Apply Cell Therapy to my scalp everyday overnight
  • Moisturize with NTM
  • Rinse with Ovation Rinse in the morning, cowash with nexxus humectress, seal with castor oil and coconut oil
  • Use queen Helen garlic shampoo once a week to prevent breakage
  • Once a week Prepoo with EVOO+Garlic+ Castor oil+coconut oil moisturizing shampoo, and DC with Silicon mix conditionner
Can u please tell me if this regimen would be good, is the moisture-protein balance good.
I am currently taking Prenatal as growth aid and I am planning to use MSM, has anyone seen good growth with MSM, are there any side effects?

Thank you

Welcome!! I know some of the other ladies will chime in about your products - I'm so bad at just 'knowing' what's good protein/good moisture brandwise - I'm an ingredient junkie! :lol: I see you've got a weekly DC in there, and you are doing daily cowashing - so routine wise, I think it looks good. :yep:

january noir

Sunny On a Cloudy Day
First of all let me say I'm grateful to DSD for graciously allowing us to post again in the best, all inclusive and positive-charged thread since I've been at LHCF! :bow: Thanks Dontspeakdefeat!

There is something for anyone (natural, relaxed, texlaxed, chemical-free or whatever you want to be) to improve the condition and length of our hair - 'cause that's what LHCF means... LONG HAIR CARE FORUM! :woot:

PittiPat & Cassandra, I read somewhere (or Sareca mentioned it) that with OVATION, it is recommended that you use the product for a full 190 days to achieve it's full benefit. Dallas Kempen, the owner of DC Labs states on the OVATION website video that he used it for a full year to receive the full benefit for his situation (balding, receding hairline). He continues to use it to this day and it's been 10 years. He did say that after one year of use, his hair got as healthy as it would ever get and uses because it is a superior product.

So yes, my darlings, patience and consistency is the key.
If you haven't viewed all of the videos on that site, I strongly recommend it.
:yep:

Senegalese

True, true!! I already had the extras :)look: I'm a hair alchemist, what can I say! :lachen: ) but yeah, to get it just for that - Ovation system is about the same cost.

Welcome!! I know some of the other ladies will chime in about your products - I'm so bad at just 'knowing' what's good protein/good moisture brandwise - I'm an ingredient junkie! :lol: I see you've got a weekly DC in there, and you are doing daily cowashing - so routine wise, I think it looks good. :yep:

Thank u Justkiya.

Cassandra1975

PittiPat & Cassandra, I read somewhere (or Sareca mentioned it) that with OVATION, it is recommended that you use the product for a full 190 days to achieve it's full benefit. Dallas Kempen, the owner of DC Labs states on the OVATION website video that he used it for a full year to receive the full benefit for his situation (balding, receding hairline). He continues to use it to this day and it's been 10 years. He did say that after one year of use, his hair got as healthy as it would ever get and uses because it is a superior product.

So yes, my darlings, patience and consistency is the key.
If you haven't viewed all of the videos on that site, I strongly recommend it.
:yep:
Thanks so much, JN, for posting this. I am definitely going to keep using the MT, so we will see where I am about 6 months from now.

PittiPat

Caribgirl, Cassandra, and January-noir: Thanks for your input, ladies. :giveheart: You're right....patience and consistency are the keys to success here. I'm almost at my three-month mark and just about finishing up my first bottles of MT and OCT. Next time, I'll try adding in the cream rinse.

Status
Not open for further replies.