Out of all the products u bought last year

Totally Worth it
Biosynthesis BioPhinish

Not worth the plastic they bottled it in
John Frieda Relax- THE WHOLE LINE!!!

Worth more than the cost of admission: Anything by Kemilabs and anything by Africa's Best Organics /images/graemlins/clap.gif

Avoid the show at all costs: Anything by Carols Daughter /images/graemlins/censored.gif

Of course, your mileage may vary /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I loved: Elucence Conditioner, Lanza Protein Plus Shampoo, Motions Nourishing Leave In, NACIDIT Olive Oil Conditioner, Adore Color Rinses.

Hated: Elucence Shampoo, decidedly not a fan of Motions Moisture Plus tho I liked it at first, also an after the fact assessment - Fantasia strengthener (still love the regular leave in), Nexxus Humectress, ORS anything - the jojoba oil is ok but I'm not buying it again, Keihls Silk Groom.

Dang! I threw or gave away everything I really despised, so I really can't remember... /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

WORTH IT:
Elucence Moisture Benefits shampoo
Elucence Moisture Balance conditioner
Elucence Extended Moisture Repair Treatment...do ya think I'm on an Elucence kick? /images/graemlins/smile.gif
Elucence Serious Shining Spray (love the water-soluble 'cones)
Affirm mild lye relaxer
Sebastian's Colourshines by Cellophane (thanks, Tracy!)
Blackstrap Molasses (thanks, Mahalialee!)
New Image Damage Free Thermal Styling Conditioner (thanks, Valleygirl!)
Jilbere flat iron
Jojoba oil /images/graemlins/clap.gif
Bone combs /images/graemlins/clap.gif
Feria color conditioner - great instant conditioner that makes my highlights sparkle
Joico Smoothing Balm - LOVE this - makes my hair swing while still keeping it moisturized and frizz free! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

WILL AVOID:
Redken's All Soft Heavy Creme (still waiting for it to do something for my hair /images/graemlins/yawn.gif )
Nexxus Ensure (acidifyer - too tangling)
John Frieda relaxer line (very drying /images/graemlins/shocked.gif)
Burt's Bees Avocado Butter Treatment (not bad but regular EVOO or jojoba fares better)
Anything from From Nature With Love

JURY STILL OUT:
Biosilk Silk Therapy - seems to work better when it's not winter
Pantene Smooth & Sleek conditioner

Is there anyone on here that has actuall tried both the elucence shampoo and the breakthru shampoo. I'd really like to know if there is someone out there that prefers the elucence over the breakthru.

omg yes!!! i washed my hair with breakthru shampoo yesterday i found a little sample bottle and i used that made my hair unbelievably soft. then i conditioned with motions oil moisturizer protein conditioner and then i applied infusium 23 on the hair and then applied the mango butter. my hair was so soft and nice. i was amazed. and i didnt even use alot. this one is a definte keeper. thanks to those who recommended the mango butter and the breakthru shampoo. they really made a difference in my hair. God bless you all.

Nyambura....

Taking notes off you twin! /images/graemlins/wink.gif Youhave some new finds there we haven't discussed you little /images/graemlins/angeldevil.gif!!!!

Miss you girl! Glad to see you around!

I'm happy everyone likes the Breakthru shampoo!!! (For a while i thought only Londondiva and I were fans!!) Its really very gentle, and leaves the hair buttery. This is the only product i have felt secure recommending, that's how good it is!
Just a little tip though, just to ensure build up doesn't occur, try doing an ACV rinse (i dont use clarifying shamp, i do this instead) once a month before the condit is applied.
Also, as a veteran user of this shamp, I wouldn't recommed using ANY condit with a heavy cone content, i've found that it sticks to my hair and i have thsi dirty feeling hair afterwards. ex) Motions Moisture Plus condit and Breakthru shamp, don't go well together IMO....
Whenevr i use the MMP, i use my CON shamp instead.

More to add to my hate list

Nioxin Scalp Therapy. Yes the scalp tingles but it dries out anything it touches. /images/graemlins/swearing.gif
Pantene Smooth & Sleek Utter /images/graemlins/censored.gif
Queen helene Cholesterol /images/graemlins/spank.gif

If these products were people I'd be doing 500 years on death row.

Damn you products!

We seem to be having some disagreement over ORS sheabutter lotion and Aura Humectant Pomade. What's it suppose to do, what did you expect it to do, how well did they live up to any of that? /images/graemlins/user.gif

HAhahahahhaa*#%*#% /images/graemlins/laugh.gif /images/graemlins/laugh.gif /images/graemlins/laugh.gif Damn you LondonDiva!, your about to make me bust out laughing in my office.

I thought Queen Helene Cholesterol was trash too!

Here are other products I HATED:
Mizani Moisturefuse - utter garbage(ducking), my hair hated it!...and I will NEVER use it again. I even tried to make it work b\c of all the good reviews /images/graemlins/censored.gif

Biolage Detangling- did nothing
Keihl's Groom and Shine - left a coating /images/graemlins/mad.gif
Joico Conditioner- did nothing
Redkin All Soft Heavy cream - made my hair feel weird /images/graemlins/swearing.gif

Products I won't buy again:
ORS Hair Mayo - nothing spectular for me
Sebastian Potion 9 - I don't believe it's really doing anything anymore
Vitale relaxer - burned me like I was on fire. /images/graemlins/swearing.gif
Kiehl's Creme with Silk groom -too heavy, but nice sheen

Products I LOVE
KeraCare Shampoo /images/graemlins/grin.gif, Aubrey GPB, Aubrey Island Spice Cream Rinse, Elasta QP H-Two, Elasta QP Mango Butter, KeraCare Humecto(Most of the time), and Soft Sheen light oil sheen.

More for the Hated list:

Nexxus Ensure - this stuff is some crap /images/graemlins/angry2.gif
Nexxus Humectress - not all that moisturizing

And the probably won't buy again:
Motions Moisture Plus

/images/graemlins/frown.gif products I won't buy again /images/graemlins/frown.gif

1). Motion's CPR
2). KeraCare shampoo and humecto creme conditoner. I love this product when I'm at the salon, but at home, it doesn't seem to work the same.

3). KeraCare set/wrap foam. The product is just too light for my hair, and my curls only lasted a day. A day after setting my hair, it looked flat. Since my hair is somewhat wavy, I don't think this product will keep it straight when the heat comes back around.

4). ORS Olive Oil sheen spray: it didn't get my hair that shiny. It also contains mineral oil, and for the price
($4-5), I'm going to try a cheaper brand that will get my hair shiny.

5). ORS Root Stimulator: For the price ($12), I don't feel I got my money's worth.

6). Wild Growth Oil. I could deal with the smell, and I know you're only supposed to use a small amount, but it always made my scalp itch, and the results weren't that great for the big price of $7.99.

7). Infusium 23 leave in conditioners: it doesn't seem to do anything for my hair except tangle it.

8). Fantasia Hair Polisher Styling foam: If you want hair that you can't run your fingers through and if you want your hair to have that crispy, hard feeling, this is the product for you.

/images/graemlins/clap.gif Products I will buy again /images/graemlins/clap.gif

1). Emergency Hair treatment 911 leave in conditioner.
2). Wondergro Shea butter leave in conditioner
3). Ultra Sheen Creme Satin Pres: on wet hair it keeps the ends moist for days.

4). Africa's Best Ultimate Herbal Oil (like hot 6 oil).
5). Africa's Best Organics Hair mayo
6). BB's oil moisturizer hair lotion with castor oil and aloe.
7). Sta-Sof-Fro: it's good for softening up leave in's that leave my hair hard and unmanagable like Infusium.

8). Cedar Vale's Rosemary, Peppermint and castor oil. (Their prices are good)

9). I also want to add that Target's 1000mcg Biotin is much smaller (the pills) and cheaper (only $2.99 for 100 count) than GNC's, and I will definitely continue buying this product from Target.

That's it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

londondiva you are a screem. so right about these products
that queen helene is pure d-d-.
I like the aphogee hair mask for damaged hair, I used it
and my hair stop breaking instantly, it gave it a lot
of body and looked very healty. my thick course hair
hasn't looked this thick in a long time. I am definately
giving up MAX's Dominican salon, whatever they are using
now has damaged a lot of hairs, the last time I went everone
complained that their hair was breaking. They left me with
a bald spot in the back of my. They will never see me again. oh! I recently tried the Allways Natrual gently no lye relaxer and really liked it, I am using it again tomorrow. I'm so happy I found this, it has motivated me to take care of my hair, not to mention the great advice and insight. [/list]

I JUST used up the last of my Burt's Bees Avocado Butter Hair Treatment. It's OK, but I won't purchased it again.

Churchlady,
My heart skipped a beat when I read your post on MAXX's Dominican Salon. Is that the one on Elizabeth Ave,NJ? That's where I have been going ( ~5 or 6mths ) and right now I am observing numerous hairs (about 3" in lenght ) sticking out from my head ( on average, all my hair is a few inches below shoulder length ..never really measured).I think my hair is breaking too and I was wondering whether I should go back there because they have also done the following which I am dissatisfied with:
/images/graemlins/wallbash.gif /images/graemlins/wallbash.gif1. The person who did the relaxer couldn't understand English and hence I think used the wrong strength relaxer which resulted in underprocessed hair.
2. I think they leave the relaxer too long on people's hair
3. On the last wash they did, they did a terrible job 'cause my scalp still had dandruff..the lady didn't wash long enough and did not clean my scalp properly. She also did not pput enough deep conditioner.
4. Everytime I go, i debate whether I should go back but I keep going 'cause I don't want to keep switching hairdressers and also I live in the boonies where there aren't that many choices.
Also,I have to drive 45mins to get there.

Anyway, I think your post is influencing me to NOT go back...Jeez, this hair thing can be so depressing when other people mess up your hair. /images/graemlins/angry2.gif

Products I will not buy again:
WGO oil- itched my scalp, don't like smell
Lutersilk Tea Tree oil Cholesterol- dried my hair out
ORS carrot oil- don't like smell, hair falls out ( believe it or not )
I will buy the following:
10 en 1 rinse - hair detangles nicely and feels good to touch
Joico K-Pak reconstructor- leaves my hair stronger and looking beautiful

I will like to try some new products for the new year. Not sure what though..maybe Nexus keraphix, kera care products and Mizani..or dudleys. Certain things tend to itch my scalp so I usually proceed cautiously... /images/graemlins/think.gif
rosebud

Hi Church and Rosebud!

I used to go to Maxx's too. The one in East Orange and I can tell you I did not like the way the did my hair. I agree that they left the relaxer on way too long and not only that, I've seen them pull the relaxer completely through the hair. Not only that if there are alotta people waiting for the one bowl they have they all have to wait...unless one of the girls is instructed to take you.
I find that some are too rough when wet setting your hair pulling through it too roughly with that rat tail comb /images/graemlins/angry2.gif.
The way they trim...they trim the same way...blunt trims. Made me so mad I wanted to /images/graemlins/spank.gif them talkin bout "Mami, you got alotta ends!" My hair is not all one length and I usta wonder why I wasn't gaining any length.
They always hide their products by turning the tubs around and were always cheap with the products when they apply conditioners. I wonder what they have been using in those heads that are breaking....dishwashing liquid? /images/graemlins/swearing.gif

Honi,
Your post had me crakin up!! I know, I know, this is some serious stuff, but it had me laughing. Anyway, now I know, I will certainly not go back. not worth it. I have to begin looking again...lawd...the beat goes on..

Out of all the products that I bought LAST year....
I love...
Mizani Moisturefuse
Elucence Moisture Balancing Conditioner
L'Oreal Feria Color Moisturizing Treatment

Like:
Queen Helene Cholesterol mixed with honey and/or olive oil
KeraCare Hydrating Detangling Shampoo
KeraCare Humecto Creme

Not too crazy about:
LeKair Choleterol with Aloe--
Motions Moistuer Plus--did diddly squat
Emergency 911 Extra Dry --couldn't get past the smell

I'm sure there more but not really worth trying to remember.

Oh and I wish I could remember who posted it, but I also have tried to make products that others rave about work for me...but I guess I can't force that! /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Bought in 2002:

I LOVE--

<ul type="square"> [*]Tropical Avocado Hair Conditioning Cream (makes my hair sooooooft and silky) [*]Dady Jojoba Shampoo (mild, but effective--doesn't strip and doesn't tangle) [*]Motions Oil Relaxer Lye (mild) -- (pretty
gentle as far as lye relaxers go) [*]Blackstrap Molasses (mixed with conditioners it's WONDERFUL-great shine and moisture) [*]Honey -- (similar to BSMolasses) [*]Adore Color Rinses (cheap and effective, thanks LondonDiva!!) [*]Clairol Textures and Tones Hair Color (mild as far as permanent colors go--no ammonia, no/low peroxide) [*]Clairol Beautiful Collection
Semi-perm color (rinse) -- (Nice color, lasts longer than Adore in my opinion) [*]Jojoba Oil - (Great as a hot oil treatment, mixed with cond. or on wet ends before rollersetting) [*]BB Castor Oil Hair Lotion (My newest discovery for air drying...moisture, moisture, moisture and softness)
[*]Jilbere Ceramic Flat Iron (2") -- No damage!!! [*]Africa s Best Organics Leave-In Liquid Hair Mayonnaise (soft hair, moisturizes well, not AT ALL greasy even if you apply a lot on dry hair) [/list]

Stuff I hated:
<ul type="square"> [*]Aubrey Organics J.A.Y. Shampoo (What a rip off...hard, tangled hair!!!) /images/graemlins/whip.gif [*]John Frieda RELAX Ripple Effect (Can you say, "Afro"?) /images/graemlins/perplexed.gif [*]Aphrogee Green Tea spray stuff (forget the name)-- The smell practically knocks me out! Haven't used, smells like vomit to me and I don't want my hair to smell like that! /images/graemlins/ohwell.gif [/list]

Verdict is still out on:
<ul type="square"> [*]Aphrogee Balancing Moisturizer [/list]

Okay, but I don't NEED to purchase again: <ul type="square"> [*]Carol's Daughter Hair Milk (I love the smell, but it is a tad oily and other products have the same effect.) [/list]

What is always on my shopping list:
Mizani Moisturefuse
ORS Hair Mayo
Wild Growth Oil
Carol's Daughter Hair Milk
Kera Care Foam
Creme of Nature Shampoo
Elasta QP Mango Butter

What's good for a bon fire:
Perfect for Perms
Motions Foam
Carol's Daughter Healthy Hair Butter &amp; Hair Balm

Future Purchase:
Elucence Products
Motions Oil Relaxer
ORS Carrot Oil
Affirm Relaxer

***Tried and will never buy again...
Mizani Moisturefuse (really hated this)
Garlic Conditioner
Natures Blessings Hair Pomade (smells nice but toooo heavy for me)
Fantasia Hair Polisher Mist (ok, but doesnt really shine)
Herbal Essences Conditioning Balm
Nexxus Hair Therappe Shampoo

**What I like***
Pantene Moisturizing Conditioner
Keracare Humecto (great for slip)
Pantene Leave in Detangler ( great leave in and moisturizer)
Razac hair oil, provides shine
water and glyercine on my buckshots
Keracare high sheen glossifier.. I like the texture that it gives my hair, a little goes a long way

Last year it was:

Motions Oil Relaxer
Aphoghee Treatment
Aphoghee Reconstructor
Vitapointe
Ultra Sheen's Satin Press
Let's Jam Shining Gel

Loved:
Joico kpac reconstructor
Kerastase masquintense (but so expensive may not buy again)
Jason's jojoba shampoo
Loreal unfrizz serum
Keracare dry itchy scalp shampoo

Hated:
Motions spritz
Keracare high sheen glossifier
Infusium leave in
Elasta curl wax
Motions foaming wrap lotion

Loved:
Sensitive by Nature Foundation Strengther
Terax Crema Conditioner