Other ways to use Giovanni Direct Leave-In Conditioner?

Hi All,

I have been using the Giovanni Direct Leave-in Conditioner lately and I've found that it is way too thick for me (as a leave-in). It leaves my hair white and coated and it is difficult to put on my moisturizer after using that leave-in. I have to use a towel to soak up a lot of the leave-in from my hair so that I can then add on my moisturizer.

I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem and if so, how have you overcome it?

I welcome any and all suggestions! Thank you.

SignatureBeauty

I had that problem too, no matter how I dressed it, mixed it up or how little I used, it just left my hair coated,I overcame it by selling it to someone who loved it! It had such rave reviews so I bought some but my hair don't like it!

ChocalateDiva

Another way to use it is to go to the post office-get an envelope, address it to me and pop it in the mail!!

j/k

I use it as a daily moisturizer too.

Hairsnob

Deep Thinker
I hated that leave-in and thought it would be like gold after reading all the good reviews. It left my hair white and sponge-like. I gave it to a friend who is natural and she loved it. So it seems to work wonders for some and not at all for others.

PinkyD

I thought it was only me. It almost seems foamy. I have an unused bottle at this moment. It seems to dry my hair. I am transitioning and I found leaving in a regular conditioner is better, my AO white camelia is a great, even me EO essentials.

pri

I have mix feelings about this leave in...however I think the key w/ this is to literally use a drop before rollersetting has been ok for me. On dry hair it's a love/hate thing for me.

I just got mine last week I ordered based strictly on the reviews I read here...and so far I am not impressed, although, I will continue to use it. Before I make my final decison I need to use it alone, I also started using a new wrap lotion, so that could be the culprit. It's ok for rollersets, I wouldnt trust it on hair worn down. Seems to be ok for ends while wraping.....

LaToya28

I used to use it as a leave-in and daily moisturizer, but now that I've found something better, I put it in a spray bottle w/water and mist my daughter's hair with it in the morning.

Addy3010

I use this and if i put too much it gets white and foamy, but i usually just splash a lil water on it and the foam is gone. I dont really add much to my hair after except a lil oil then maybe (ecostyler). It is my main leave-in- someone mentioned using it alone, maybe you should try that it probably doesnt mix well with your moisturizer.....also if i dont mess with my hair after, even if its foamy it usually dries without flakes or residue.
Hth

longhairlover

a dime size amount, soaking wet hair = a great leave in/giovanni direct.
not soaking wet hair, too much product = white residue, filmy feel to the hair.

this is also not to be used on dry hair that's a recipe for disaster, i can't say the above enough, this is a really good conditioner, I had issues with it at first too until I followed the instructions on the bottle. I never really look at the instructions on products but with this one it really did help.

Tolle

Team Fluid
I too purchased it based on the raving reviews it recieved here but......um..... my hair HATED IT!!! so i went out a got Neutragena Triple Moisture and I'm in love. So maybe you guys who had the same experience as I should gove NTM a try. Im in LOVE!!!!!

MsWowFactor

I love that It detangles my hair very easily. It works well when I am wearing my hair in a bun
or poneytail. I apply it while its wet and then put the poneytail in and scarf on. It lays my 7 month post new growth down real smooth.

I think I'm going to try and swap it. If I can find someone with a mostly full bottle of Kinky Curly Knot Today, I'd like to swap for my mostly full bottle of Giovanni Direct Leave-In.

Anyone here interested or know of anyone that might be?

Isis33

I used to use it as a leave-in and daily moisturizer, but now that I've found something better, I put it in a spray bottle w/water and mist my daughter's hair with it in the morning.

LaToya28

I know this is an old post but what is the better daily leave-in you're using now? I'm looking for suggestions of a replacement.

Thanks in advance :)

snoop

I only bought this a couple of weeks ago, but have not tried using it directly on my hair. I've put some distilled water into a spray bottle then added a small squirt, shake then spray. I mainly use it at night to re-moisturize my hair before bed or on my son's type 3 hair when I'm braiding it. So far, it's OK and the bottle will probably last me a super long time.