ORGANIX Conditioners - Good Stuff!

♦K.O♦

I think that I've found a new CW staple! Earlier this week, I decided to try the Organix Conditioners because there was a BOGO sale at Rite Aid. I purchased the Coconut Milk and Cucumber Yogurt conditioners. They smell yummy and when I condition-washed with the Coconut Milk yesterday, my hair smelled delicious and felt great. I (almost 11 months post) detangled in minutes, without leave-in or serum, and shed very few hairs.

What are your experiences with it?

These are my new obsession. I have been on a mission to catch--er, try them all. :look:

Smoothing Shea is great for detangling. It is very heavy, so you'll have to clarify to get rid of buildup every now and then. I also use a bit as a leave-in. It has been one of only 2 products that will tame my edges. Nothing actually made for edges works. I have cowlick like crazy, starting around 3 weeks post relaxer and this stuff makes it look presentable.

Fortifying Lavender Soy Milk was a disaster...I guess reading is fundamental and I should have realized that anything with 'fortifying' in the name is bound to be protein overload. My hair was a hard and tangled mess. I had to rewash and condition with Nourish Spa. Last time I buy something because of the smell. (I lied. There will be a next time.)

I have Healing Mandarin Olive Oil and Nourishing Acai Berry Avocado on standby. The Mandarin Olive Oil doesn't smell like anything...very faint citrus. If it has Mandarin in the name, I want it to smell like Orange Pine Sol in this piece. If it doesn't smell like anything it makes me think it won't do anything, either. Acai Avocado smells awesome, though. Can't wait to try it.

Coconut Milk has had mostly rave reviews...I will have to buy it and try it out. I'm not crazy about the smell. It is the Hustleman of coconut scents to me, very bootleg. :ohwell:

I did try the Coconut Milk Anti-Breakage serum on damp hair a few days ago. It didn't feel very good going on and I remember thinking "I'm going to look like a HAM sandwich in the morning...:nono:" Color me surprised when it dried all smooth and shiny. :look: 2 days later and my ends are still sealed and not frizzy at all. New growth is relatively laid, too. I like it so far.

Next on my list is Moisturizing Grapefruit Mango and Instant Repair Cocoa Butter. Awakening Mocha Espresso is looking kinda good... too bad it appears to be another Lavender Soy Milk in that it smells great but will have my head looking like straw. I will have to purchase from Amazon. The selection sucks here. They no longer sell the Organix Line at our Target and our Walmart is always out of stock or they don't sell it, period.

Last edited:
^^^Off topic: Starian, have you tried Hairveda Almond Glaze for your edges? I have ridiculous curly edges (plus some breakage), so without any product on dry hair, it looks like I have a halo of curly q's and short broken pieces :ohwell:

I slightly dampen the perimeter and slick on the Glaze all around. Then use a boar bristle brush to coax my hair back into a ponytail/bun/whatever. I swear it's like I have a fresh perm :yep:

^^^Off topic: Starian, have you tried Hairveda Almond Glaze for your edges? I have ridiculous curly edges (plus some breakage), so without any product on dry hair, it looks like I have a halo of curly q's and short broken pieces :ohwell:

I slightly dampen the perimeter and slick on the Glaze all around. Then use a boar bristle brush to coax my hair back into a ponytail/bun/whatever. I swear it's like I have a fresh perm :yep:

Yes!!! This is exactly my issue. Except mine looks like that with product. I'm willing to give that a shot, thanks for the suggestion.

Now I'm going to be on the look out for all of those other "flavors."

I havent had PJ tendencies in years, so this is exciting. :lol:

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Organix line!!!!

My favorite is the Vanilla silk! It smells like cupcakes and makes my hair feel moisturized

Coconut Milk it seems to have a balance between protein and moisture...IMO for my hair

I didnt like the Tea Tree it made my hair feel hard.... me no likey

The Shea Butter was okay...I didnt have an adverse reaction but I didnt fall in love, maybe the smell didnt win me over because it wasnt strong...

I was dying to use the Lavendar Soy however after I saw it once I never saw it again....anywhere....so I thought that was a sign it wasnt good....

Currently I am using the Acai Berry and it has argan oil and avocado in it...so I added some evoo, avocado oil and argan oil to the conditioner to kinda kick it up...so far Im loving the smell, Im not having any adverse reactions to it. Ive been able to detangle with ease. However, Im 7 wks post and Im air drying and bunning so I havent manipulated my hair enough to really see if it adds sheen, bounce or moisture.....etc

Ultimately I think I will stick to the Vanilla Silk...but I just love this line and keep getting tempted to try new products!

i have the tea tree, coconut milk, and mandarin olive...the tea tree and mandarin i got for 1.79 at walgreens, but i dont think i would purchase anymore organix condished because they dont have any slip at all to me, and they're usually expensive...they smell good though.

I use the vanilla silk blowdryer/heat protectant. It's the best heat protectant I've ever used. Will happily purchase again.

Word of warning to the protein sensitive - Organix condishes tend to contain multiple and/or hard proteins like egg white protein in the coconut milk which caused my fine relaxed hair to tangle in fat clumps at the ends.

Back