Opinions for using Affirm on color-treated hair

BabyCurls

Indy Girl Growing Strong
<font color="purple">I would like your honest opinion on the above subject. Is Affirm relaxer safe enough to be used on color-treated hair(semi-permanent, permanent)? I want to make sure because I'll be relaxing my hair first in October, then use a permanent color in 2-3 months time. TIA. </font>

BabyCurls

Indy Girl Growing Strong
<font color="purple">Is there anyone out there willing to give an opinion on this subject? </font>

Chanteuse

Hmm, I don't have color but my stylist says that Affirm does not mix with color @ all. I don't know if the order you use the chemicals in matters (color over Affirm vs Affirm over color) but I would say choose a different relaxer if you know you want to get color. HTH

kitchen_tician

I have permanent color and have no problems with using Affirm relaxer. The key is to make sure your hair is strong and healthy and make sure there's enough time in between the two chemical processes.

IMO, 2-3 months is fine. I colored my hair in august and will relax again the end of October or the beginning of November. Most stylist recommend 2-4 weeks before applying color after a relaxer.

Remember, "color a perm." I colored my hair a couple of weeks after I relaxed with no problems. If I had waited to color too long after I relaxed, then I would have to wait even longer to relax next time. I hope that makes sense.

If you perm in October, then color in December, then you won't be able to perm again until maybe Febuary. Never perm a color. I hope this makes sense.