OOHHH, NEED HELP WITH THE SHEA BUTTER

KaramelDiva1978

TIA Ladies, but please help!!! I ordered the Shea Butter from Oils from Nature and of course its totally solid in its plastic container. How do I use it? Do I scoop some out, which is almost impossible, and put in some else to melt? Does it stay this way??

I should have done more research on this one, b/c I want to use it by itself as a moisturizer, but I'm completely clueless.:perplexed

Thanks ladies, I know I can depend on you.

drasgrl

Just take some out, rub it between your hands and that will liquify it. Then I just smooth it on my hair.

Luvmylife

:wave: Hi there!

I se my shea butter on my edges in place of gel or other styling aids. I just scoop a bit out and rub it around in my hand. The body heat and friction usually melts it a bit and it becomes a more useable consistency...borderline creamy. I don't use it alone, however. I usually use it with a regular moisturizer.

HTH!

good2uuuu

If it's grainy, you can melt it in a double boiler and blend with a hand mixer while it's liquid. Do this twice and the graininess should be gone. Otherwise, just do as suggested and rub between your hands to emulsify.

KaramelDiva1978

Thanks y'all, I'm going to try that tonight. Is it supposed to be used with something or is alone an option? Can I put it with Scurl?

Ivonnovi

I love shea butter.
For my skin I mix it 3:1 with Vasoline. (and my favorite "smell good" lotion of the moment) to make it spread a little easier.
For my hair, I melt it into my current moisturizer.
For both, I mix (melt) it with EVOO, coconut oil, or whatever. (Emu oil, seasame oil).

I've always been satisfied.

Luvmylife

Thanks y'all, I'm going to try that tonight. Is it supposed to be used with something or is alone an option? Can I put it with Scurl?

For what I do (...slicking down edges...) I get the best results with a moisturizer, but I don't see why you couldn't use it alone. S-curl should be okay. Good Luck!

KaramelDiva1978

:yep::yep: Y'ALL ARE THE BOMB B/C IT WORKED LIKE A CHARM!!! :yep::yep: I did put it with NTM leave in and Scurl on my daughter's hair. She loves braidouts and they're super easy, so I moisturized and braided and it look so good and shiny.

I can't wait to try it on my own hair later.

Thanks so Much!!!