One thing I would never do is leave yall hanging....

shtow

Here is my 1 week update from the damp flat iron.

I had so much breakage during the week. Yet my hair seemed so moisturized:perplexed.I could hear and feel the snapping and had some broken pieces that were 2 and three inches long :blush:. So I will never do that again.

(shrug)

Well, it was nice trying something new. My hair was more flat this way anyways. But yall know Im a Direct Heat Diva so I sucked it up and finally purchased a quality blow dryer. I got the ceramic and ionic Cricket blow dryer from Sally's. I was surprised at how my hair dried quickly yet it was not deathly dry and there was no hair in the comb attatchment as opposed to my old dryer. I am in love with this blow dryer. I guess the moral of the story is if your going to use heat, use it wisely and with quality products and tools (Don't buy a gold and hot blow dryer and use a Sedu flat iron lol)!

My hair is back on track from the damp flat iron, my breakage has slowed tremendously (right now it seems like its gone for now *fingers crossed*) from my egg protein treatment.

Be quiet Slyver. :rolleyes:
:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:You still my homeslice and hair inspiration!

HoneyDew

I agree with you.

If you gonna use heat, use it right.

I use too much heat to half step.

And I know how a great dryer makes a difference, as well.

I use the Rusk Speed Freak and that thing is great. I don't do comb attachments, but it really helps me dry my hair while leaving my moisture.

I just don't see how flatironing wet hair can be effective. I guess if you do it sometimes it would not be too bad, but I use heat weekly. Damp flatironing will tear my hair up.

Simply_Kelz

Aw, sorry to hear that. I didn't get any breakage last week and this is my second week doing it so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Glad to hear it slowed up, though!

spinspinshuga

I was wondering how this was going for people. I've read that damp ironing can do serious permanent damage to your hair and was avoiding it because of this. Thanks for the update!

shtow

I agree with you.

If you gonna use heat, use it right.

I use too much heat to half step.

And I know how a great dryer makes a difference, as well.

I use the Rusk Speed Freak and that thing is great. I don't do comb attachments, but it really helps me dry my hair while leaving my moisture.

I just don't see how flatironing wet hair can be effective. I guess if you do it sometimes it would not be too bad, but I use heat weekly. Damp flatironing will tear my hair up.

I noticed such a difference with my new dryer! My hair is thanking me! With my old dryer there would be a lot of hair in the comb but there was zero hair in this one.

That rusk dryer sounds good!

:peek:

How much was it?:lachen:

IDK. My hair felt very moisturized until day six. But even as a heat user, I am not used to that kind of breakage:nono:. Never again. Me, my cricket, and my sedu are good.

shtow

I was wondering how this was going for people. I've read that damp ironing can do serious permanent damage to your hair and was avoiding it because of this. Thanks for the update!

Yea I was a little scared I had about 2 very small sections of hair that were cursing me out today. They would not cooperate!

your welcome! I would always hope ladies here update on the good and bad to look out for the ladies on the board.:yep:

HoneyDew

Actually I got it after I had to send my Rusk Hyperionic back under warranty. It was still working but a piece of the back vent fell off. I called them to ask if they had another vent cover to send me and they lady insisted that just send it back to get a new one. Then she told me that they don't make the Hyperionic anymore and they would send the Speed Freak.

I was scared to send my dryer back. That Hyperionic was the ish!!! But they told me the Speed Freak was better.

It is. It is so amazing!

I own the Rusk CTC Lite, too. That one I got as a gift and it is just not as good. It is the most expensive one they have and it is just not as good. I want to write them and tell them to take that thing off the market. It is nice, but not worth $200.

The Speed Freak can be $59-$80 on ebay I think. I think it retails for $130, but I would never pay that unless I really had too. Ebay is the way too go.

One time my hair got wet when I was out of town and I had to use one of those dryers they have in the hotels. ew. My hair was so dry and nasty. That is when I realized that good dryers (and irons) do make a difference.

I noticed such a difference with my new dryer! My hair is thanking me! With my old dryer there would be a lot of hair in the comb but there was zero hair in this one.

That rusk dryer sounds good!

:peek:

How much was it?:lachen:

IDK. My hair felt very moisturized until day six. But even as a heat user, I am not used to that kind of breakage:nono:. Never again. Me, my cricket, and my sedu are good.

gymfreak336

I haven't had a problem but ya gotta do whatever is going to work for ya.

I have a rusk hyperionic dryer and I love that thing. I wouldn't trade it for the world.

Bellanica

I think that it depends on your particular hair. I would imagine that just as different products work differently on different hair, damp flat ironing would be the same.

I cannot under any circumstances blow dry my hair, yet many people here do. Blow drying my hair is the quickest way for me to experience breakage. I own a blow dryer for my dog, but I cannot use it on my own hair.

Air drying and damp flat ironing have been lifesavers for me. I experience so much breakage and damage if I flat iron bone dry hair. I can't imagine doing it any other way now.

I really think though that with everything, your hair will tell you what is best for you.

shtow

I think that it depends on your particular hair. I would imagine that just as different products work differently on different hair, damp flat ironing would be the same.

I cannot under any circumstances blow dry my hair, yet many people here do. Blow drying my hair is the quickest way for me to experience breakage. I own a blow dryer for my dog, but I cannot use it on my own hair.

Air drying and damp flat ironing have been lifesavers for me. I experience so much breakage and damage if I flat iron bone dry hair. I can't imagine doing it any other way now.

I really think though that with everything, your hair will tell you what is best for you.

very, very true:yep:

Deja9

My hair thanks me for using a quality blow dryer with comb attachment:grin:. I'm not going to play myself and flat iron my hair any other way. Thanks for keepin it real with us:yep:

Butterfly08

:yep:

I saw all those posts, and while I believe the short term effects are gorgeous, I just think long term will lead to damage. Well I *know* it would on my hair. I got damage just from blow drying and hot curling on dry hair weekly (years ago), so I know wet would just compound the situation. :perplexed

Bellanica

:yep:

I saw all those posts, and while I believe the short term effects are gorgeous, I just think long term will lead to damage. Well I *know* it would on my hair. I got damage just from blow drying and hot curling on dry hair weekly (years ago), so I know wet would just compound the situation. :perplexed

I've done it for years and I have had no ill effects. And my hair has been both long and short and was always healthy for the most part. In fact, I started doing it because a stylist was doing my hair once in like 1989 and used water on it because my hair was so dry. I have been doing it that long.

I really think that it has a lot to do with the type of hair and technique. I only put the water on the ends and I usually add some hair butter or other moisture along with it. I also don't flat iron my hair that often, twice a month at the most, so that could have something to do with it too.

Bellanica

I just realized something. It may not be something that is good for relaxed hair. I have only done it on natural or semi-natural hair. So that could have something to do with it too.

msa

I just realized something. It may not be something that is good for relaxed hair. I have only done it on natural or semi-natural hair. So that could have something to do with it too.

What is semi-natural hair?

Shtow, you should go back and put your update in your original post as well...that way when people read it they know you ended up with breakage later on.

Bellanica

What is semi-natural hair?

Shtow, you should go back and put your update in your original post as well...that way when people read it they know you ended up with breakage later on.

Semi-natural...I guess I should say transitioning. My bad.

sylver2

Here is my 1 week update from the damp flat iron.

I had so much breakage during the week. Yet my hair seemed so moisturized:perplexed.I could hear and feel the snapping and had some broken pieces that were 2 and three inches long :blush:. So I will never do that again.

(shrug)

Well, it was nice trying something new. My hair was more flat this way anyways. But yall know Im a Direct Heat Diva so I sucked it up and finally purchased a quality blow dryer. I got the ceramic and ionic Cricket blow dryer from Sally's. I was surprised at how my hair dried quickly yet it was not deathly dry and there was no hair in the comb attatchment as opposed to my old dryer. I am in love with this blow dryer. I guess the moral of the story is if your going to use heat, use it wisely and with quality products and tools (Don't buy a gold and hot blow dryer and use a Sedu flat iron lol)!

My hair is back on track from the damp flat iron, my breakage has slowed tremendously (right now it seems like its gone for now *fingers crossed*) from my egg protein treatment.

Be quiet Sylver. :rolleyes:
:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:You still my homeslice and hair inspiration!

:lachen:girl i wasn't going to say nothing:lachen:
Yeh i said it most def ain't for me but I am sorry it didn't work out for u.
Listen to your hair:yep:
like someone said it may work better on natural heads. Also u did just get a touchup only 2 days b4 u flat ironed.. so that can be a factor as well.
I def try not to touch hair right after a touchup.

shtow

:lachen:girl i wasn't going to say nothing:lachen:
Yeh i said it most def ain't for me but I am sorry it didn't work out for u.
Listen to your hair:yep:
like someone said it may work better on natural heads. Also u did just get a touchup only 2 days b4 u flat ironed.. so that can be a factor as well.
I def try not to touch hair right after a touchup.

That could be it, but I have done it on several occasions with no problem. IDK....for now Ill stick to my old reggie and play it safe :yep:

Your Cheeziness

Thanks for the update, it's very important for us to hear about follow-ups so we can hear the good, bad, and the ugly. I'm glad you nipped it in the bud so quickly, too.

Irresistible

Well you all already know I been doing this for years, no breakage, no damage

Natural may be the difference I dunno, but still some relaxed ladies have also reported good results , I guess it varies

but I am thinking too like Sylver said right after a fresh relaxer, especially if it was heat styled when you did the relaxer, then you did heat styling again two days later, that could have been the whole issue itself

I too can never ever never use a blow dryer, so this is the only option for me and works so much better than on dry hair

but everyone has to do what is right for them and their hair

I would never do this often , or any heat styling, so I'm sure that makes a difference as well :yep:

I saw your first thread on this and your hair did look gorgeous!

Lucky's Mom

Thanks very much for the update.

I have heard soooo many beauty folks say this is Not good for hair....

Hey - You never know. Everyone's hair is different.

Allandra

Well you all already know I been doing this for years, no breakage, no damage

Natural may be the difference I dunno, but still some relaxed ladies have also reported good results , I guess it varies

but I am thinking too like Sylver said right after a fresh relaxer, especially if it was heat styled when you did the relaxer, then you did heat styling again two days later, that could have been the whole issue itself

I too can never ever never use a blow dryer, so this is the only option for me and works so much better than on dry hair

but everyone has to do what is right for them and their hair

I would never do this often , or any heat styling, so I'm sure that makes a difference as well :yep:

I saw your first thread on this and your hair did look gorgeous!
What she said.

Amerie123

thank you for letting us know what happened to you. and hopefully you have fully recoverd from the breakage.