One side grows faster than the other

The Princess

My left side grows in thicker than my right side. My fault I was running my mouth and didn't get my scalp base propersly. Right side suffered major damage. Its healty now and not noticable. The left side has it beat though w/thickness.

MissLawyerLady

I had DH measure my new growth last night- I'm 6 weeks post.

On the sides of my hair, which I think is 4a, I have 1/4 inch of NG. At the crown, which appears to be 4a too, I have 1/2 inch of NG. In the back third of my head, which I think is 3c and grows in in waves, I have 1 inch of NG!

I had measured the same measurements myself the day before.

I think my problem has been that my stylists has been cutting the back to stay even with the sides! I'm going to tell her to stop that immediately.

LongHairDreams

Do any of you ladies have problems with hair growing faster on one side than the other? My hair grows faster on the right than it does on the left.

What do you do for this? Do you cut your hair even until it all catches up or do u just let is have its way? I am natural by the way.

My left side grows faster than the right (you can kind of see it in my avatar). Back in October '07, I got it cut even. I thought this would help it to "catch up" but I was wrong.:ohwell: It still grows uneven :wallbash:. I've just accepted it. I do regret cutting it even.

joyandfaith

I was thinking about this very issue a couple of hours ago. My left side is like 2 inches longer than my right side...and of course I keep using my left side to do length checks :wallbash: I hope I'm not setting myself up for disappointment when I straighten it in September.

RavenMaven

My right side grows faster. It always has been that way. I am still trying to figure out why this phenomenon occurs.

MonaLisa

Checking in. My right side is less curly and grows like a weed and the left side, well, let's just say, it's not actin' like the right side at all :nono:.

I always end up cutting it even because it's so noticeable.:sad:

Same scenario with me cuz....y'all don't know how many times I hit apl...on one freeking side.... the dominican stylist i had at the time was like...you gotta cut it...and it hurt every time... but it looked better..:ohwell:

Someone on here gave me some advice and things seemed to balance out better as far as taking into account - relaxer application...are you leaving the mix on longer on the non thriving side?; conditioning treatments, is it being left on long enough on the non thriving side? Baby that non thriving side with those things in mind...I finally started to see some improvement..