On Critics and the Spiritual Solution of Goodbye

kayte

Saying goodbye to the Christian Forum~

“I cannot come down.” Ne 6:3 NKJV

How to handle criticism

Nehemiah teaches us three important truths about handling criticism:

(1) Expect it
When spectators watch a race, where do they focus their attention?
On the front runners! Someone said, “Criticism is something you can avoid easily ..by saying nothing, doing nothing, and being nothing.”

But those three options don’t work.

So Nehemiah answered his critics, “I am doing a great work, so that I cannot come down.” Don’t step down to the level of your critics.

(2) Evaluate it. “Sanballat…sent to me, saying,
‘Come, let us meet…But they thought to do me harm’” (Ne 6:2 NKJV).

When people say, “I’m going to tell you something for your own good,”
~~often they’ve nothing good to tell you.:perplexed

When you’re criticized, ask yourself: (a) “Who criticized me?” “Faithful are the wounds of a friend, but the kisses of an enemy are deceitful” (Pr 27:6 NKJV). Has this person earned the right to speak into your life?
Hurting people hurt people; so maintain the right attitude, looking for the grain of truth, making the necessary changes, and taking the high road.

(3) Outlive it. When Nehemiah’s friends told him to run and hide, he replied, “I will not…So the wall was finished…in fifty-two days…when all our enemies heard of it…they perceived that this work was done by our God”
(Ne 6:11-16 NKJV). Sometimes you’re in more danger from the counsel of your friends than you are from the criticism of your enemies. That’s when you must know who you are, what God’s called you to do,
and outlive the criticism!

I will! :yep:
only God can take away my Gratitude
and He has never done that.

The cross you bear for being different and I get that I am!
maybe you can relate?
is that sometimes the shining light within us
can be threatened as was with Nehemiah

Jesus said it~ In the world we will encounter tribulation
but take heart I have overcome the world

Sisters,my very last post/thread in CF!

With a heavy heart, and in tears,I depart the Christian Forum
What a blessing it has been! I have been touched
beyond words by your support and love and wisdom
and your strength and your courage

May it continue to bless you all:sunshine:
Pray for me! I will continue to pray for you

Love Kathy

Last edited:

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
Dear Kayte,

wow! :shocked: I for one will miss you on here. Your posts have always been inspirational, timely-- including this one - and full of Love. Your Scripture is timely because I was also planning to take a breather, and still am posting anyway. :laugh: I have work to do. So your post could serve as confirmation..I don't know.

The quote you posted, I've been using as my signature for all my personal emails for the longest:

"To avoid criticism, say nothing, do nothing, be nothing." | ELBERT HUBBARD |

That chapter on Nehemiah, I remember hearing about in a great sermon by Dr. Earl Johnson, titled: "I'm too busy to come down." And coincidentally I was watching another of his sermons last night.

I don't know why you have a heavy heart leaving the CF, but I pray that all is well with you and that you continue to receive double portions of blessings.

You will be missed, and God bless you!
:rosebud:

PinkPebbles

Sisters,my very last post/thread in CF!
With a heavy heart, and in tears,I depart the Christian Forum
What a blessing it has been! I have been touched
beyond words by your support and love and wisdom
and your strength and your courage

May it continue to bless you all:sunshine:
Pray for me! I will continue to pray for you

Love Kathy

Kayte-

Your post and articles have blessed me on many occasions.

I wish you the best in all that you do:blowkiss:

Stay Encouraged!

Highly Favored8

I can't beleive what I a reading as well. Your posts and articles have been a blessing on my life.

((((((((((((((((BIG HUGS)))))))))))))))))))))

The madness really needs to stop. It really does.

ultrasuede

So sorry that you won't be contributing. I really enjoyed your spiritual challenges and insightful articles, they were very helpful to me.

MSee

God bless you. Your posts are ones I looked forward to. I hope you are leaving because you feel God's leading to do so and not that adversaries are getting the better of you.

Thanks for the encouragement regarding criticism. I've been ploughing through a lot lately but when I examine what I've been doing I know it's in line with what God wants me to do. Your post confirms it and you even used my favorite book.

plainj

Kayte, I don't want you to go. This forum NEEDS you. If all the warriors left what would become of the Christian Forum? If you're leaving (I hope I'm reading this thread wrong) because you've been offended here, I pray God softens your heart with a sense of forgiveness and sends you back to do the work of the Kingdom. I say again, this forum NEEDS you. You are too valuable (as you can see from the responses). May God's blessings and peace continue to and always be with you.