OMG My hair is full of little knots!

ajoyfuljoy

So I was stretching for three months, thinking I'm doing everything right, cowashing and all that jazz. I planned to relax tomorrow, I was just running my fingers through my hair and I noticed a knot. I was like no big deal I'll just work through it, I usually get knots anyway when I stretch

:nono: I started feeling all over my head and there are knots all over my head! I think I've got out like 10 of them and I'm afraid to look for more. My 4a hair is very coily and it twist the relax strands as it grows and it's like my hair tangled all by itself!

I know I can't relax tomorrow b/c my scalp is tender from all the tugging and pulling, but then his brings to mind thoughts of transitioning. Maybe I should just cut off the relaxed stuff and let my natural hair be but I'm afraid of more knots :ohwell:

I just don't know

Irresistible

So I was stretching for three months, thinking I'm doing everything right, cowashing and all that jazz. I planned to relax tomorrow, I was just running my fingers through my hair and I noticed a knot. I was like no big deal I'll just work through it, I usually get knots anyway when I stretch

:nono: I started feeling all over my head and there are knots all over my head! I think I've got out like 10 of them and I'm afraid to look for more. My 4a hair is very coily and it twist the relax strands as it grows and it's like my hair tangled all by itself!

I know I can't relax tomorrow b/c my scalp is tender from all the tugging and pulling, but then his brings to mind thoughts of transitioning. Maybe I should just cut off the relaxed stuff and let my natural hair be but I'm afraid of more knots :ohwell:

I just don't know
There must be something to prevent the knots from happening?

how are you wearing your hair?

ajoyfuljoy

There must be something to prevent the knots from happening?

how are you wearing your hair?

I've been cowashing and bunning for literally a month now! I thought I was doing good but I guess not :look: It's just that I usually comb through my hair every week when a rat tail when I rollerset. Not doing that for a month I think my hair just has a lot of shed hair wrapped in the strands. But i haven't noticed ANY of this til now. I'm p---ed but I'll just have to deal with it.

Irresistible

I've been cowashing and bunning for literally a month now! I thought I was doing good but I guess not :look: It's just that I usually comb through my hair every week when a rat tail when I rollerset. Not doing that for a month I think my hair just has a lot of shed hair wrapped in the strands. But i haven't noticed ANY of this til now. I'm p---ed but I'll just have to deal with it.

so no thorough comb throughs after co washing?

gurl that would do it, all that shed hair does wrap around and around other hair and itself

my hair will mat and knot if I just let it dry without combing one time. not to mention when I'm being lazy and dont comb through like I should , well girl at least its fixable by making some changes and u know what to do

ajoyfuljoy

so no thorough comb throughs after co washing?

gurl that would do it, all that shed hair does wrap around and around other hair and itself

my hair will mat and knot if I just let it dry without combing one time. not to mention when I'm being lazy and dont comb through like I should , well girl at least its fixable by making some changes and u know what to do

Thank you Irresistable! No offense to anyone but I feel like this is a newbie question :lachen: I should have known better! I remember reading a lot of threads about people experiencing this and i'd be like, "Man, sucks for them!" I never really did hard core comb outs after being so many weeks post b/c I didn't think it was necessary cuz my NG doesn't tangle, but now I know that my relaxed hair really, really can!

The funny think too is when I get through the knot it's like 1-3 strands of hair that comes out :wallbash: Stupid single strand knots!

Irresistible

Thank you Irresistable! No offense to anyone but I feel like this is a newbie question :lachen: I should have known better! I remember reading a lot of threads about people experiencing this and i'd be like, "Man, sucks for them!" I never really did hard core comb outs after being so many weeks post b/c I didn't think it was necessary cuz my NG doesn't tangle, but now I know that my relaxed hair really, really can!

The funny think too is when I get through the knot it's like 1-3 strands of hair that comes out :wallbash: Stupid single strand knots!

yeah but we all get off track at times, now you know, its like we all slip up and think this or that wont happen when we do, but thats how we find out what we cant do. its like some people can just finger comb and be fine. I COULD neva eva neva do that!