OMG!!! I AM SO UPSET!!

ttlayli

Okay so as ya'll know, I was very excited to do the colorshowers in Negro. This is what I did:

Shampoo (for the first time in months; I use baking soda or Indian Powders)
On wet hair applied colorshowers
Sat under steamer for 40 mins
Sat around for another 40 minutes just to let color sink in more
Applied DC in hair
Back under steamer for DC
I rinsed and it was messy, BUT the color did not take to my hair at all!!!! I can still see my highlights and my hair still looks light brown in the sun!! I am soooo pissed. Funny how everything else on my body and in the bathroom took the color except for my scalp and hair!!!!! :wallbash:

It gets worse....my hair feels soooo dry now!!1 I was almost in tears while I was rollersetting my hair. I t was dry and it was matted!!!! It took me an hr to rollerset because I had to keep combing it out!!!

I don't know if I will do colorshowers again at this point. It was so worthless to me. I went through all that trouble and got nothing but blue skin, blue tub, and dry knotty BROWN hair! :sad:

Did I do something wrong or has this happened to any of you ladies before??

Neith

I haven't used that before, but I just stopped in to say sorry that happened to you!

P

Paradox

Okay so as ya'll know, I was very excited to do the colorshowers in Negro. This is what I did:

Shampoo (for the first time in months; I use baking soda or Indian Powders)
On wet hair applied colorshowers
Sat under steamer for 40 mins
Sat around for another 40 minutes just to let color sink in more
Applied DC in hair
Back under steamer for DC
I rinsed and it was messy, BUT the color did not take to my hair at all!!!! I can still see my highlights and my hair still looks light brown in the sun!! I am soooo pissed. Funny how everything else on my body and in the bathroom took the color except for my scalp and hair!!!!! :wallbash:

It gets worse....my hair feels soooo dry now!!1 I was almost in tears while I was rollersetting my hair. I t was dry and it was matted!!!! It took me an hr to rollerset because I had to keep combing it out!!!

I don't know if I will do colorshowers again at this point. It was so worthless to me. I went through all that trouble and got nothing but blue skin, blue tub, and dry knotty BROWN hair! :sad:

Did I do something wrong or has this happened to any of you ladies before??
What shampoo and DC did you use?

mscocoface

Do you think letting it stay in your hair an additional 40 minutes may have caused the drying issue?

So do you have an idea of how you are going to get the moisture back in? What about doing a hot oil treatment then a deep conditioning treatment? I think Iris just saved her hair by doing a combo of avocado oil and conditioner.

Check out her latest thread, maybe it is useful for you.

Hoping the best for you.

Ms.Joi

Have you tried a moisturizing treatment? That should help. When you rinse it out use cold water, and seal with oil of choice.

ttlayli

I DC'ed again but that didnt help. I wanted to so badly wear my hair curly since it was so dry and I didnt want to use heat, but I have to wear my hair straight tomorrow so I am under the pibbs right now. I put LOTS of Lacio Lacio in my hair and sealed with serum, so I will see what happens. If it still feels dry I will put some condish in my hair, wrap it up and see what happens. Otherwise, shoot Im satying home tomorrow and pacifying myhair!!

Irresistible

Oh geesh I feel you! was just there!

but girl I am thinking how in the world will the roller set turn out? when it was so dry doing it, it would be surprising if it were to turn out well after that. you might have to do what I did and make priority pacify hair just like you said

welp my answer to everything is OIL! :grin:

But yeah I just saved my hair with condish and oil overnight , well longer, and just for good measure I'm doing it again tonight, got it on right now

ttlayli

Oh geesh I feel you! was just there!

but girl I am thinking how in the world will the roller set turn out? when it was so dry doing it, it would be surprising if it were to turn out well after that. you might have to do what I did and make priority pacify hair just like you said

welp my answer to everything is OIL! :grin:

But yeah I just saved my hair with condish and oil overnight , well longer, and just for good measure I'm doing it again tonight, got it on right now

OMGosh I feel so special!!!! Your my hair idol!! And your responding in MY thread! :lachen:

Well I had to spray my hair a thousand times so get it wet and lie down on the roller, so it did get smooth, my hair normally doesnt need all that. It just feels different, you know?? I know my rollerset will come out decent, its the HEALTH of my hair I'm concerned about. We shall see. If it's straw, I'm taking your advice and loading up on the condishes and oils!! I have come to far, for something I didnt even HAVE TO DO, to mess up my hair!!

Irresistible

OMGosh I feel so special!!!! Your my hair idol!! And your responding in MY thread! :lachen:

Well I had to spray my hair a thousand times so get it wet and lie down on the roller, so it did get smooth, my hair normally doesnt need all that. It just feels different, you know?? I know my rollerset will come out decent, its the HEALTH of my hair I'm concerned about. We shall see. If it's straw, I'm taking your advice and loading up on the condishes and oils!! I have come to far, for something I didnt even HAVE TO DO, to mess up my hair!!

awww thats so cute girl , ur so silly!:grin:

But wow thats exactly how I was just feeling! :yep:

you will get through this girl :bighug:

ttlayli

awww thats so cute girl , ur so silly!:grin:

But wow thats exactly how I was just feeling! :yep:

you will get through this girl :bighug:

Thank you!!! At first I didnt know what you were talking about, then I did a search. :blush: So hugs to you too!!!! I'm glad you were able to get your hair back on track though!! :yep:

Eisani

:nono: Sorry you had a bad experience. What made you decide to use the steamer instead of the regular dryer when you first applied the color? I remember you posting a question earlier today(yesterday) but I didn't look to see what other answers you got. Do another moisturizing DC and seal w/oil. Add some to your conditioner as well. I think that should combat the dryness.

Irresistible

Thank you!!! At first I didnt know what you were talking about, then I did a search. :blush: So hugs to you too!!!! I'm glad you were able to get your hair back on track though!! :yep:

Thank you sweetie,

sounds like you went through hell on earth with the color getting everywhere, that sucks so bad :nono:

but the main thing now is to save your hair!

ttlayli

:nono: Sorry you had a bad experience. What made you decide to use the steamer instead of the regular dryer when you first applied the color? I remember you posting a question earlier today(yesterday) but I didn't look to see what other answers you got. Do another moisturizing DC and seal w/oil. Add some to your conditioner as well. I think that should combat the dryness.

Hey girl!! I received a ton of pms besides the responses and they were telling me that the steamer is better than the dryer and all that stuff. So I used the steamer! :look:

My mom told me I could prob try to do the colorshower again in a wk, but I am terrified out of my mind!!!

Eisani

Hey girl!! I received a ton of pms besides the responses and they were telling me that the steamer is better than the dryer and all that stuff. So I used the steamer! :look:

My mom told me I could prob try to do the colorshower again in a wk, but I am terrified out of my mind!!!

You should try it again, but only if you're comfortable! I found the thread after I posted here and like someone else said, the instructions on the bottle are pretty to the point and give good results. I would definitely try the dryer next time instead of the steamer, and make sure you wear gloves! I know everyone is not going to have the same experience w/any product, but it totally bums me out when someone says they didn't like it, especially since I think it's one of the better ones (obviously my opinion) because it's olive oil based. At this point, as previously stated, definitely up your moisture game and get your hair back on track.

ttlayli

You should try it again, but only if you're comfortable! I found the thread after I posted here and like someone else said, the instructions on the bottle are pretty to the point and give good results. I would definitely try the dryer next time instead of the steamer, and make sure you wear gloves! I know everyone is not going to have the same experience w/any product, but it totally bums me out when someone says they didn't like it, especially since I think it's one of the better ones (obviously my opinion) because it's olive oil based. At this point, as previously stated, definitely up your moisture game and get your hair back on track.

Yeah your right!! I'm kinda bummed because while the black was in my hair it actually looked really pretty!! LOL but oh well...

curlcomplexity

formerly qtslim83
Sorry this happened to you....and after all of that work! Do you clarify? I normally apply a rinse after a relaxer or right after clarifying. Then I cover my head w/a plastic cap and leave it on for about an hour or more (sometimes I sit under a dryer). When I rinse it out, I rinse w/ cold water and then apply a deep conditioner, go back under the dryer. After time is up, I let my hair cool so that the cuticles close up and then I rinse w/ cold water. I think you should try it again once you get your hair back to normal, I hope the next time your hair keeps the color. :yep:

Last edited: