Okay so I locked my fotki...

Status
Not open for further replies.

glamazon386

Someone (A member of this board mind you) felt the need to out me on the Mac Forum about my weave (Why it was any of their concern in the first place was beyond me). But, my fotki's locked from this point. Why do people feel the need to emphasize the fact that you have weave when attempting to make compliments? If it looks good, it looks good. Does it make other people sleep better at night knowing that I have a weave? Goodness...

Last edited:
Gosh thats a shame. I always enjoy ppl with Unlocked Public Fokti's, because finding the pw can be so frustrating sometimes. But I totally understand.... who wants to be exposed to that kind of negativity/hating?

I enjoy wearing my weaves and braids for the versatility that it provides. *smh* Ppl can be so trifling. :(

I didn't want to "out" you. But when the girl stated that your hair was beautiful and she would be jealous if it was yours, you replied like it really grew out of your scalp. Everyone thought it was beautiful and i feel like people should share the information b/c some even wanted to know how to get their hair like that. But you seemed to get a little miffed at her question and I know her and trust me your ethnicity was not an issue. I am not trying to start anything here but why state that it is a weave here but get mad when another board asks you if it is real. Would you have gotten as mad if it was someone here vs someone over there on a mainly Caucasian makeup board?

I don't know what happened, but your business is your business. Whether your hair is real or not, it should be up to you to discuss that. Sorry, that happened.

Sorry to hear this bmoreflyygirl. Ppl can be real bold in other's fotki's. This is one of the reasons why I haven't bothered to open one. If I ever do it will be back of the head only. oh, I see it was a forum incident and not fotki.

Last edited:
meka said:
I didn't want to "out" you. But when the girl stated that your hair was beautiful and she would be jealous if it was yours, you replied like it really grew out of your scalp. Everyone thought it was beautiful and i feel like people should share the information b/c some even wanted to know how to get their hair like that. But you seemed to get a little miffed at her question and I know her and trust me your ethnicity was not an issue. I am not trying to start anything here but why state that it is a weave here but get mad when another board asks you if it is real. Would you have gotten as mad if it was someone here vs someone over there on a mainly Caucasian makeup board?

Whatever! That's my business. I really didn't think that the makeup forum needed to know that I have a weave. It was irrelevant! I was a post about MAKEUP. When other people ask about my hair I don't give up information because I don't feel like explaining. Sometimes it's just easier for all parties involved to smile and nod. It wasn't your place to take the link to my fotki from here to show to someone else on another board. You were out of line and that was an invasion of MY privacy. What are you the truth keeper? And it wasn't what she said it was how she said it. It was a backwards compliment which isn't really a compliment at all. She should have just said it looked nice and kept it moving. If someone really wanted to know about the hair that bad, they could have PMED me and asked me about it. Not ask me in public on a forum. Do you walk up to people in the mall and ask what kind of weave that is. No because that's rude and distasteful. And for you to go out of your way to show her my fotki and make that bwahahaha comment makes me think that you did it maliciously like you had something to prove. Quite a few people here have pmed me about weaves and my hair and I don't mind. I always answer questions. We're all here trying to achieve similar goals and my hair goals are a private matter of my own. And I assumed that that information would stay on this board. But I guess not. Now I see why people are leery of posting pictures and lock their fotkis.

IMO this whole thing was uncalled for. I enjoyed viewing your progress. If your hair is a weave, So what! It wasn't anyones business to rat you out. It should have been your decision. It doesn't matter how you answered the question because the question was directed to you and you only. Sounds like a hater is in your corner. It'll be okay though. Sorry this happened to you and by another member here at that!!!!:eek:

That's really unfortunate. I hope you keep your open attitude because I've learned a lot from you. It might help to let a moderator know about the violation of your privacy which could be against LHCF regulations.

Last edited:
bmoreflyygirl said:
Whatever!
It wasn't your place to take the link to my fotki from here to show to someone else on another board. You were out of line and that was an invasion of MY privacy.
I'm not jumping on you or anything: just pointing something out. When you make your album public its for all to see and you cant stop folks from copying your links to your album and posting it wherever they want, unfortunatly. If you put it out there publicly, its for the public. You cant control what people do with your links. Now that its locked you have more control, which is better for you I think at this point.

Anyway, I'm sorry that this happened to you.

I believe it's up to YOU whether or not people get to know your business.
Especially since you know how twisted some women can be about hair.
I'm sorry this happened to you, and you are right...it was not necessary. :perplexed

I'm not trying to get into anyone's business, but to the person who enlightened everyone to the fact that it was a weave, it doesnt really sound like it was your place. :ohwell: And I am certain that if the OP wanted her album link posted, she would have done it herself. So to avoid controversy in the future, always ask people for permission prior to posting their albums ANYWHERE.

that's not cool at all, I'd like to think we are are adults here and respect each other. I hope you realize that this is still a good community despite the bad apple you were dealt with.

She was wrong to have done that. It was mean-spirited. End of story.

Now about your fotki, girl do not let someone have you running scared. It sounds like a lot of people enjoyed your fotki. I mean if the fotki was no big deal to you fine. But after things settle down, I say open it up again, add a password or only allow fotki members to view or don't allow comments or something, I don't know, just don't let her cattiness stop you from sharing and learning.

Bless your heart, if I were you I would have also been upset too. Brush your pretty self off and keep your head up sis.

goldensensation said:
So to avoid controversy in the future, always ask people for permission prior to posting their albums ANYWHERE.

Say word!

I've seen some things recently on another board (when I actually take a minute to stray away from LHCF to go look around) and I sat slack jawed at what I saw. I won't go into details but it was (similar to this) EXTREMELY distasteful and petty IMHO.

Sadly once you put your info on the web, it becomes fair game for both the good and bad. I'm really sorry this happened but I'm glad you only locked it and didn't take it down completely. :rosebud:

I'm sorry that happened to you. I understand your anger but please don't let this incident discourage you. Myself and alot of other ladies on this board have used some form of weaves be it braids, phony ponies, half wigs, lacefronts and so on. They are simply means to help us get to our hair goals so don't let this sidetrack you just keep doing what you're doing.

Wow, sorry this happened to you. :( I happen to envy you weave skills, and I liked looking at your progress. I hope in the future you will reopen yr fotki. Let's turn the negative to a positive.

wow, gurl..u know i am pissed, i love looking in your album to compare notes..that is really ashame..i have had this done too me and it is wrong! i am really sorry that this happned to you..that was pure haterizm!

sorry that happened. it was out of place for the other person to take it upon themselves to answer questions addressed to you.

You should treat people like you would want to be treated.

All of us are not showing and telling everything that is not real about us. From makeup, nails, skin, hair (weave or relaxed), etc. Those are all enhancers aka fake aka did not naturally come that way.

These ladies graciously make their fotkis available to the rest of us b/c they trust that we will be mature and use the fotkis for their original purpose. Yes, they are public, with no locks, but they're not advertised on television either. When you take personal info. and use it spitefully, you betray the community's trust as a whole. We are trusting that you will only use any and all information you find here to encourage or benefit others in some way.

Unless you are willing to put yourself out there completely, pictures and all, you shouldn't be so eager to turn the spotlight on someone else, especially someone who had no ill-will towards you whatsoever.

What's happens in LHCF should stay in LHCF. Period.

I'm sorry that happened to you, but please don't let that deter you from continuing to be an inspiration to those who appreciate you and your efforts.

Last edited:
I am sorry this happened to you..from the sounds of it, the person did not have any positive intentions with posting your link. That is not behaviour that I would expect from our LHCF family.

teressa9 said:
These ladies graciously make their fotkis available to the rest of us b/c they trust that we will be mature and use the fotkis for their original purpose......When you take personal info. and use it spitefully, you betray the community's trust as a whole. We are trusting that you will only use any and all information you find here to encourage or benefit others in some way.

What's happens in LHCF should stay in LHCF. Period.

I think this all sums it up very nicely. Thank you for this. And I do hope that this experience can be used as a lesson for all of us.

The good thing about message boards is that usually YOU have control over what YOU want people to know. Sorry Meka, but you took that away from bmoreflyygirl. IMO it wasn't any of your affair to show her fotki album... :ohwell:

But hey, ppl make mistakes....

I'm so sorry this happened. It was really immature and we are NOT in high school anymore. :nono:

This is one of many reasons I have posted before why I don't want my pics on the net. I got bold and posted some a few weeks back, but I'm glad I took them off this week. I even signed up for a fotki that day being all excited, but this reminds me why I didn't want one in the first place: people wanting to act maliciously & at your expense.

Recently, I did post someone's avatar and fotki link who was not a part of LHCF, but this was after pm'ing her and receiving her consent did I do so. I even told her that if she felt uncomfortable after, that I would take them down.

nurseN98 said:
The good thing about message boards is that usually YOU have control over what YOU want people to know. Sorry Meka, but you took that away from bmoreflyygirl. IMO it wasn't any of your affair to show her fotki album... :ohwell:

But hey, ppl make mistakes....

Im glad that you added this here. Because the reality is that it happened, BmoreFlygirl was hurt/frustrated (and rightfully so).....but I dont see a reason why this situation cant be repaired by a simple apology. We have spent several pages expressing our sympathy for the situation, and in essence, criticizing the person who did it (who is right here in this thread, and commented on the first page). Im sure that, by this point (and after reading all this), Meka is aware that what she did is wrong, and is appropriately remorseful, and probably quite embarassed.

I just hope that after this dies down we can move forward and forgive. Both BmoreFlyGirl and Meka are part of the community/family. Part of being in any family is making mistakes, learning from them, and being able to get past it. I just hope that we can do that here. :)

Last edited:
KiniKakes said:
Im glad that you added this here...... because the reality is that it happened, BmoreFlygirl was hurt (and rightfully so), but I dont see a reason why this situation cant be repaired by a simple apology. We have spent several pages expressing our sympathy for the situation, and in essence, criticizing the person who did it (who is right here in this thread, and commented on the first page). Im sure that, by this point (and after reading all this), Meka is aware that what she did is wrong, and is appropriately remorseful, and probably quite embarassed.

I just hope that after this dies down we can move forward and forgive. Both BmoreFlyGirl and Meka are part of the community/family. Part of being in any family is making mistakes, learning from them, and being able to get past it. I just hope that we can do that here. :)

I wholehearted agree! (((Group hug)))

teressa9 said:
I wholehearted agree! (((Group hug)))

Kewl.

Dont get me wrong, I am just as disappointed by this, and just as sympathetic as the next person.... but this public flogging was getting out of hand. Meka is still a part of the LHCF Family.... in this situation, she just exercised poor judgment and messed up. It happens. :look:

BmoreFlyGirl, again, I want to extend my remorse that this happened. I am sure you felt quite violated and angry when this happened, and rightfully so. :( I dont mean to take that away from you, or invalidate your feelings. But at the same time, Im just trying to be diplomatic and play peace-maker up in here. :)

KiniKakes said:
Im glad that you added this here. Because the reality is that it happened, BmoreFlygirl was hurt/frustrated (and rightfully so).....but I dont see a reason why this situation cant be repaired by a simple apology. We have spent several pages expressing our sympathy for the situation, and in essence, criticizing the person who did it (who is right here in this thread, and commented on the first page). Im sure that, by this point (and after reading all this), Meka is aware that what she did is wrong, and is appropriately remorseful, and probably quite embarassed.

Great post!!!!!! Hopefully everything will cool down.

Wow, this type of situation sucks...I mean yeah it's public but there is some type of trust involved (at least I feel that way since my album is public too). Your album is definitely an inspiration, I hope you can reopen it eventually. I like looking at what others can do with their hair, and I'm a firm believer in: if you bought it--it's your's! :) ((hugs))

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back