Ok, so I washed my cornrows after a workout

londonbabe

... first I shampooed with a sponge (just like the crown and glory method), then I rinsed and then used a cup to pour conditioner over the hair and after I did that, I repeatedly rinsed the hair out with water.

I washed with CON and then conditioned with Aveda Moss conditioner, and when it was dry I sprayed infusium 23 on it, however, ever since then whenever I scrap my scalp there is some white debris under my nails. Almost like my whole scalp has been coated with some film of something!

Does anyone know what I did wrong or what I should have done to avoid this coat of whatever over my scalp?:perplexed

Also does anyone have any tips on how to maintain braided hair when you work out a lot??

sweetascocoa

one of the products you use leaves buildup. you might want to clarify. i suspect the CON cos thats what it does to my hair and scalp. mad build up

londonbabe

toosexy1 said:
one of the products you use leaves buildup. you might want to clarify. i suspect the CON cos thats what it does to my hair and scalp. mad build up

Thanks for this. So just to be clear, are you saying after a clarifying wash, I could use a conditioner?

lonei

londonbabe said:
Thanks for this. So just to be clear, are you saying after a clarifying wash, I could use a conditioner?

A clarifying shampoo will leave your hair very clean and take away the build up but can also leave it feeling abit too clean in that it may feel a little hard. All you have to do if follow up with a moitsurising shampoo and them conditioner. E. G:

Clarifying Shampoo: Keracare 1st Lather Poo
Moisturising Shampoo: Keracare Hydrating Detangling Poo
Conditioner: Keracare Humecto

StartinOvah

i also dilute my shampoo when i wash. i use a leave in con in addition to the infusium 23 instead of creamy (i don't know if aveda moss is a leave in or not).

Phoenix

CON definitely leaves a build up. I have cornrows and I shampoo with (extremely diluted) CON extra moisturizing shampoo. I alternate with MNT shampoo to cut down on the build up. I don't use a creamy conditioner either, just I 23.

meia

i know when i had cornrows, i would shampoo with a natural/organic shampoo (it owuldn't be as heavy on products that cause build-up- i used jason aloe shampoo btw) and i wouldn't condition at all....too many products make cornrows unbearable....i would spray braid conditioner on my cornrows when i finished washing and would wrap until the hair layed down...

that worked just fine for me actually....i managed to keep them in for 3 weeks, which for 3C hair (with 4-5 inches of new growth) was a miracle! :lol: