Ok Rabs77!!!!

Nefertiti0906

Beautiful hair!! For the rod set, which rods to you use?

Aww ladies....Thank you!!!:blush:
Alright here is my story.
I had my last relaxer(never again!) in Mar 2003. My hair had been relaxed for the last 7 years. It always grew to a decent length, but always needed a cut when I went to get it done cos I was not taking care of my hair. My hairline was beginning to thin from overmanipulating, and I just was not feeling cute. Anywayz decided to go natural...but had no idea what I was going to do with it. So from Mar 2003-Aug 2005 I wore braids, and weaves constantly. Mind you the girl who did my hair was an absolute genius. I never braided my hairline (hardly ever wore it in a ponytail) and her braids were sooooo neat, that after 3 months (yes I kept them in for 3 months:hair:) it was a breeze taking them out. That was key cos braids DO mess up your hair!!!Again she was such a good braider that my hair always came out in one piece after 3 months. About 4 months after going natural, I discovered LHCF....and realised what options I had with having natural hair. I finally started wearing it out in August 05

How I wear my hair...
Wash:
I wash once every 2 weeks...out of sheer laziness
I start the washing process by parting my hair into 8 sections. I never do ANYTHING without sectioning my hair first. I get overwhelmed if I dont. I normally start with an ACV rinse, then I mix any cholestrol I pick up from Sally's with honey and olive oil. I put this in my hair and wrap with a steaming towel for about 1/2 hr. Now b4 the cholestrol I MAY shampoo (I do this very rarely...maybe about once every 2 months). After the cholestrol conditioning I comb through my hair with regular conditioner (no particular brand). Now if I am doing a regular wash and go, I may leave a little of the conditioner in my hair, shake and go (I do not towel dry when doing a shake n go).

PIX from 2 yrs ago when I started wearing it out (wash and go)

Flexirod:
The first picture you see in my siggy is a flexi-rod set, which is how I wear my hair about 1/2 of the time. I completely rinse after conditioning, then set my hair with Motions foaming lotion and a little Garnier Fructus anti frizz serum( its in a bottle shaped like a ball). You can get the flexirods from Sallys. I need about 40 rods to get a decent looking set. It takes forever for my hair to dry. Walking around the house...6hrs, using my hooded dryer..maybe 2 1/2 hrs

Press:
The second and third pix in my siggy is a press. It lasts about 10 days....round about day 9 im sick of it!
Anyway...after completely rinsing out conditioner I towel dry my hair (Its still in about 8 sections..remember) I blow dry each section with ONE DROP of BIOSILK serum. Next I take very small sections of hair, and first pass over with a pressing comb, then with my MAXIGLIDE( Setting 5). The hair going through the maxiglide should be straight...from the blowdrying and pressing comb. If its not already straight the teeth from the maxiglide will pull out your hair! The whole pressing process alone (excluding washing time) takes me about 3 hrs...It aint no joke. You have to remember to press very small sections at a time, otherwise it wont last.

To be honest ladies, the length of my hair hasn't changed much in the last 2 years...pretty much since I started wearing it out. Simply because I get knots like crazy when i wear it curly. Lately I have been wearing it straight more often to avoid the knots...but I feel guilty about applying so much heat...I like the nice clean look so I have to trim frequently. So based on my experience, if you are looking for length ASAP. then it should be protective styles all the way, until you reach your desired length....for me it was braids/weaves. I wore the braids until I was happy with my length. I hope I haven't bored y'all to death with my rambling:lol:

rabs77

Thanks for the compliments ladies.
Nefertiti0906... I use the red flexirod in this pix

I think thats the 1/2 inch rod. I use about 40 rods in total.

Nefertiti0906

Thanks!

You know I didn't ask what you set your hair with? I know all these questions :look:

This sounds like a cute style I need to try

Thanks for the compliments ladies.
Nefertiti0906... I use the red flexirod in this pix

I think thats the 1/2 inch rod. I use about 40 rods in total.

rabs77

Ooops, sorry my bad

You did answer the question, I didn't post my last post correctly

I meant to ask, what products to you use to hold the style?

OK, once I set it with MOTIONS and Garnier Fructus like I said earlier, thats it. I may put whatever hair oil I have available to gloss it up. Most of the time I don't put anything in there most times. I am terrible at moisturising:(

Nefertiti0906

OK, once I set it with MOTIONS and Garnier Fructus like I said earlier, thats it. I may put whatever hair oil I have available to gloss it up. Most of the time I don't put anything in there most times. I am terrible at moisturising:(

Okay I see why reading is fundamental, lol, I completely glossed over your post. Thanks for answering anyway.

Girl I feel you about the moisturizing, I have a hard time mostly because my hair seems to hate everything under the sun. Lately I've been using Miss Jessie's Curly Baby Buttercreme and so far I like it :)

VeeJai

Gorgeous hair!
Rabs, do you braid your hair in the 8 sections or just clip it up?
You said you only use shampoo every few weeks. Do you use the cholesterol as a condition-wash?