Oil stains on your shirt!

tiffanyoneal

Its hard trying to keep my hair moisturized and sealed with oil and wearing my favorite shirts. I am tired of those grease stains all over the back of my shirt! :swearing:My darn supervisor asked me was I sweating. I was so embarrased. I didnt know what to say.:censored: It wouldnt look right if I wore the twist up so I have to wear them down plus my company makes us wear hats.

Am I using to much oil to lock the moisture in on my ends? :wallbash: Does anybody else have this problem? I use about 2 small (water bottle size) cap fulls on my ends. Remember I have extension twist.

So how much are ya'll using?

WomanlyCharm

Sounds like too much oil to me. Definately cut back on the amount you're using.
To seal my hair, I pour a dime sized bit into my palm, rub them together well, and work it through my hair. You really don't need alot to do the job. :)

Some ladies may use more, but that turns my head into an oil slick. :lol:

loveable37

I am tired of oil period :mad: even my pants have oil stains on them so to elimante that i stop using oil daily.

I wash my shirts/scarvles etc it gets on my husband work shirts ,not onlly that whiles my hair in a bun it touch the top of my neck:eek: (oil);

just use it at nite only that should help
it takes me about 3 washes ta get oil out of my shirts/pants

glamazon386

Put some baby powder on the oil spots to soak it up. Then once it's dry kind of rub it to get the powder out. It should work on fresh stains.

tiffanyoneal

bmoreflyygirl said:
Put some baby powder on the oil spots to soak it up. Then once it's dry kind of rub it to get the powder out. It should work on fresh stains.

...Umm now this I will try! Thanks:)

BioGeekChic

I usually don't add that much oil. At most I've added a nickel size amount. I just make sure to section my hair (I have a lot of new growth) to get an even distribution and seal in my moisturizer properly. HTH

HoneyDew

Maybe you are using too much. I don’t think you really need all that much oil, if any, anyway.

I never have to "seal" with oil. :confused:

Blackoutzangel05

Sounds like way too much oil. I would apply a small dime size amount and rub it together and work it through your hair. Or sometimes your hair doesn't require that you seal it you have to get to know your hair. I know that mine does especially now that its natural and curly, but when I was straight, not so much so.

mochamadness

Going the Distance
I usually moisturize and seal at night, that way my hair can absorb the products overnight. In the morning, I just style and go.

alundra

Addicted to jdramas
Things that get rid of oil from clothes:

1. Borax + Regular detergent (liquid)
I usually put borax directly on the stain, then cover it with liquid detergent.

2. Arm and Hammer liquid concentrate in the small green container thing
I know that was long, but I can't remember the name of this stuff. :lol: If you use it with borax, that knocks out everything.

3. Dawn dish washing liquid
After all, it's supposed to "cut grease" right? Someone recommended this to me - the regular kind. I haven't use it, we only have the kind with bleach alternative.

Borax and Arm and Hammer liquid in the green container got rid of my BT stains and smell. It was amazing.