Official 2010 Ceramides Challenge

ladysaraii

Did a pre-poo w/ aloe vera, WGO and EVCO. My hair is still super moist after 8hrs now! For the longest I was using WGO as my sealant with decent results. But now..I like it a lot more in a pre-poo! Oh, and I also added it to my leave in moisturizer today too. Not alot either, 2tsp. Super moist locs!

Same here, WGO is a much better pre-poo (and no smell)

I've never tried it w/ AVG, I'll have to try that next time

Nix08

Relaxed, 4B
Still going strong! - WGO in my pre poo my DC (along with AVJ) and my daily sealant. I guess I like my WGO!! Plus I use Silicone mix and a L'oreal Repair conditioner which has ceramides.

Embyra

i have been using organic WGO for 2 days now and can feel the difference it makes hair silkier feeling

it smells faintly of fish food..........not enough to stop me using it though

yodie

Does anyone take ceramides internally and still see a benefit? I'm not as consistent with oils and serums. I'm going back to my old hair vitamin that has wgo and some other good stuff in it.

Americka

I don't check in like I should, but ceramides are still play a big role in my regi. My leave in (Skala), oil (Sunflower), and many of my Dominican DCs have ceramides in them.

Nasdaq_Diva

Does anyone take ceramides internally and still see a benefit? I'm not as consistent with oils and serums. I'm going back to my old hair vitamin that has wgo and some other good stuff in it.

It's been a while but I was ingesting wgo internally. In my opinion, I think it wouldv'e taken at least 3 months

Minty

hey peoples. Still with my ceramics. Anti-Snap and HOT with hemp/rice/sunflower, Redken DC products, etc.

LovelyLouboutin

H ladies,
I read this entire thread yesterday and I'm excited because I use KBB hairmilk and it has a Cermacide in it:)

I went to my local international market and found seval SOS Cermicide cream and was excited. I bought it the . Read that is has parabens in it and I'm trying not to add more paraben stuff to my stashes. If anyone is interested in it please pm me ( I've also posted it in the exchange forum).

I want to join the challenge but first. Have to see what my Cermacide will be when I straighten my hair.

Stella B.

Still going strong with the ceramides! I've added a ceramide reconstructor (Amazing Miracle) by Renpure on shampoo day. Not only does it have Kukui nut oil, and aloe but it has silk protein as well. It's gentle enough to use weekly. My hair texture is smoother, and feels great! :grin:

NaturallySweet73

Would like to join:grin:.

What products/oils will you use?
Sunflower & Safflower Oil primarily (but I want to do some expermenting with others as well)

How often will you use it?
Daily

What is your application method?
I will be using it to seal

Will you deep condition with ceramides?
Yep going to mix in with my dc

Last edited:

DesignerCurls

Still going strong with my ceramide oils...my hair's health has improved tremendously!!!! I went back to my hemp seed butter for sealing. My love use to love this stuff and now I know why!

Nasdaq_Diva

I currently am using WGO in my pre-poo and 'kimmay' leave in. Its really working well for that.

I was wondering though, If there is possibly another oil out there I should try that will make me FALL IN LOVE though! I'm thinking Sunflower or Rice Bran. Those 2 seem pretty popular.

Relentless

Reinventing
I think I will try the Redkin Anti Snap leave in next weekend, since I am wearing my hair in a bun mostly this winter.

NaturallySweet73

Wow! When I started I thought i was going to have to make a trip to the grocer and low and behold I had a practically untouched bottle of safflower oil in my cabinet! LOL! My hair is very soft! A large portion of my sealing oil is composed of the safflower oil though.

Ltown

Greyland
I currently am using WGO in my pre-poo and 'kimmay' leave in. Its really working well for that.

I was wondering though, If there is possibly another oil out there I should try that will make me FALL IN LOVE though! I'm thinking Sunflower or Rice Bran. Those 2 seem pretty popular.

Here are more oils and there is additional information on products with ceramdies at the begining. I blend my oils and it's been the best for my hair.
Barley Malt Oil
Eucalyptus Extract
Hemp Seed Oil
Hot 6 Oil *{WGO/3rd ingredient}*(LaFemmeNaturelle)
Kukui Oil
Sunflower Oil
Walnut Oil
Wheat Germ Oil

8HoursFromHome

Here are more oils and there is additional information on products with ceramdies at the begining. I blend my oils and it's been the best for my hair.
Barley Malt Oil
Eucalyptus Extract
Hemp Seed Oil
Hot 6 Oil *{WGO/3rd ingredient}*(LaFemmeNaturelle)
Kukui Oil
Sunflower Oil
Walnut Oil
Wheat Germ Oil
Hot 6 ingredients:

Olive Oil , Canola Oil , Wheat Germ Oil , Sweet Almond Oil , Safflower Oil , Castor Oil , Sesame Oil , Vitamin E , Vitamin A , Vitamin D , Cyclomethicone , Sheep Sorrell , Yarrow , Slippery Elm Bark , Sage , Henna , Comfrey , Burdock Root , Ginseng , Goldenseal , Cherry Bark , Black Walnut , Chamomile , Alfalfa , Hyssop , Wheat Germ , Fragrance

All of the bolded are ceramide oils.

jcdlox

I'm in

What products/oils will you use? Nexxus Humectress for sure possibly also Therappe and the leave-in
How often will you use it? At least weekly
What is your application method? DC with Humectress with heat 10-15 minutes
Will you deep condition with ceramides? Yes!

Wow did I fall off! so I didn't really like the Nexxus but didnt' realize I'd already been a ceramide user for years with Mizani Thermastrength! I've been experiencing breakage all year as a result of not using it so if there is a 2011 challenge I'm in! Used it last night and the breakage stopped immediately, stronger hair, fuller hair... why did I leave it?

Nasdaq_Diva

I bought some hemp seed butter from the health food store. I love how my hair felt but since the butter is in raw form, I kept having tiny shell flakes. I still like it, but decided to purchase raw hemp seed oil instead. I like it too. Much lighter than my WGO

Minty

Are we going to have a 2011 challenge or just continue on here? I have some reading to catch up on in this thread!

sqzbly1908

I'm not sure how it compares with the Mizani because I've never used it. I've been using the overnight repair mask for about 2 months now and my hair always feels strong and silky in the morning.

Just piggybacking Sherae's statement with regard to the L'oreal Overnight Treatment - I have been using it since October and it's great. I also like that I don't have to wash it out in the morning - I am also using Alterna overnight treatment which DOES require that you shampoo and condition in the morning - it's fantastic - however it does not have ceramides -

I have switched up my game some...I am not using any type of oils - just conditioners with ceramides