October 2017: Hits & Misses

HIT
Mane Choice Ancient Egyptian Twisting gel---I did a perm rod set on my tapered cut. That stuff is amazing. Currently I use a pudding and a foam for hold when I do my perm rods; now this twisting gel will take place of the 2 products. It gives me moisture, hold and definition all in one. And ordinarily my hair is very resistant to holding definition so I am so impressed with this product. And let's not even get into the delicious scent. :mmmchocolate:
THIS. RIGHT. HERE.
This gel is amazing. My twist out is super defined, yet firm, but not crunchy. I am grabbing more jars before they change the formula.:roadrunner:

HIT:

The leftover herbs that I used to make my Curly Proverbz tea rinse from last week. I added water to it until it was very liquidy, then poured it over my hair (herbs and all) allowing it to work it's magic while I showered. I made sure to saturate both my hair and scalp with it.

When I washed it out at the end of my shower, I was shocked to find that I didn't even need to cowash it out. It was so incredibly soft and moisturized. Nice and I will definitely be repeating this ayurveda full herbal tea rinse.

:look: there goes my cash.
I have been trying to find a gel like this for 6 years, my entire time being natural.
Something that will make my twist outs soft, yet defined, no flaking, shiny, and when I fluff these fine strands to the gawds to hide parts, there is still definition and no frizz.
I don't know what it will do for wash n gos because I don't wear those but for twists and twist outs it's fiyah.

Undecided
Camille Rose Algae Renew DC: I was so excited to finally try this DC. When I applied it to my hair I feel like it just sat on my hair rather than penetrate strands. My hair did feel good when I rinsed it out but I didn't notice experience any amazing slip. In all fairness, I did not use heat with it; next time I will sit under my hooded dryer and see how it performs. I do love the scent and the smooth consistency.
I had high expectations for this DC because of the price. Fortunately I bought it on sale, but I doubt I will repurchase it due to the price; $20 is steep.

THIS. RIGHT. HERE.
This gel is amazing. My twist out is super defined, yet firm, but not crunchy. I am grabbing more jars before they change the formula.:roadrunner:

Yup ! Agreed. This is hands down the best styling gel ever. Perfect consistency, effective hold, great moisture and the scent is divine. A little goes a long way in a generous jar full of product, so you definitely get your money's worth.

Undecided
Camille Rose Algae Renew DC: I was so excited to finally try this DC. When I applied it to my hair I feel like it just sat on my hair rather than penetrate strands. My hair did feel good when I rinsed it out but I didn't notice experience any amazing slip. In all fairness, I did not use heat with it; next time I will sit under my hooded dryer and see how it performs. I do love the scent and the smooth consistency.
I had high expectations for this DC because of the price. Fortunately I bought it on sale, but I doubt I will repurchase it due to the price; $20 is steep.

Please allow me to save you some time and torture under the dryer (I hate dryers). This DC ain't got no slip, at least for me it doesn't. I use it solely for its moisturizing, highly emollient and balancing properties.

Please allow me to save you some time and torture under the dryer (I hate dryers). This DC ain't got no slip, at least for me it doesn't. I use it solely for its moisturizing, highly emollient and balancing properties.

Ahhh, good to know! I will admit, my hair did feel pretty moisturized after rinsing out but I guess I was just expecting more. And girl, you are like me, I prefer not going under the dryer if I don't have to. 2 plastic caps and a beanie is enough heat for me, lol. Thanks for the heads up.

Ahhh, good to know! I will admit, my hair did feel pretty moisturized after rinsing out but I guess I was just expecting more. And girl, you are like me, I prefer not going under the dryer if I don't have to. 2 plastic caps and a beanie is enough heat for me, lol. Thanks for the heads up.

I started not to say anything, but then I thought, "What if she considers dryers to be nazi torture mechanisms, too?" It's a hurting feeling to sit under that thing in vain. I couldn't see it happen to you.:lol:

I started not to say anything, but then I thought, "What if she considers dryers to be nazi torture mechanisms, too?" It's a hurting feeling to sit under that thing in vain. I couldn't see it happen to you.:lol:

:lachen:Good lookin' out!
So overall, do you like or love the Camille Rose DC?

Anytime, we'z fam. I love that DC. It leaves my hair with a buttery softness that's not easily found in these PJ streets. Plus, the algae gives me a little kick of strength.

So listen to this..last night I did a protein treatment using Komaza Care, and then I followed it with the Camille Rose DC...do you think the CR has protein in it?

Back