Nyc Natural Hair/ Beauty Expo..anybody Attend?

Dposh167

Did anybody go this past weekend?

Well I did and I won't be going again I was at the first one and it was okay. I figured if they were having it again then it would probably be a little better. Well I was wrong. It wasn't worth the ticket price.

Out of over 100 vendors...I'd say there were no more than 10-12 hair vendors. I saw curls, mixed chicks, jane carter solution, eden body works, taliah waajid of course, and a couple less known brands. I left in 40 minutes. Only bouget curls blueberry leave in and a twisting cream. I figured shea moisture would be there since they were at the previous one but they weren't. I guess they don't need to anymore lol. Soultanicals was at the first one too but she wasn't at this one either.

I mean it wasn't a total bust. It's always nice to see black vendors selling their stuff and they had panels throughout the day. But I don't go for that. I have been on this forum enough to know. But I felt like a lot of the vendors were selling stuff I can get in Brooklyn or harlem any day of the week.

The next hair expo I go to will be the one in atlanta. I'm done with this one

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
I went to the NYC one once, wasnt impressed. To be honest the one in GA has fallen off as well.

It used to be really good. I havent went in the past 2 years. Ive been hearing its getting worse

AgeinATL

I went to the NYC one once, wasnt impressed. To be honest the one in GA has fallen off as well.

It used to be really good. I havent went in the past 2 years. Ive been hearing its getting worse

I totally agree. It was just okay when it used to be stellar. They used to have TONS of vendors and they had amazing deals. This year, they had a decent amount of vendors (Camille Rose, Shea Moisture, Jane Carter, CURLS, Mielle Organics, Mane Choice, Alikay) but the deals weren't all that great, especially for those that went on Saturday. On Sunday, they sometimes give better discounts but you run the risk of things being sold out.

I miss the old TW hair show. It really used to be worth going to. Not sure if I will go to anymore.

so1913

I went, I was a little disappointed as well. I attended on Saturday. This was my first one and I honestly expected more based on years of "watching" and hearing about it and what I had pictured in my mind.

I did pick up some natural body products...