Let Your Hair Down Expo 9/14 in NYC

naturalmanenyc

This is a hot mess. Line or maybe 2 down the block. They are seemingly at capacity although they sold tickets in advance.

The people waiting have advance tickets but they also sold tickets at the door.

naturalmanenyc

Some people in line have $4 fast pass tickets and are still waiting. I've been in line for 15 minutes. $7 ticket.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130914_132140.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130914_132140.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 128

SlimPickinz

Summer where are you?
This is a hot mess. Line or maybe 2 down the block. They are seemingly at capacity although they sold tickets in advance.

The people waiting have advance tickets but they also sold tickets at the door.

Really?? I was going to meet my mom there and look for some products for her :(

naturalmanenyc

I saw maybe 20 ladies leave in small groups with swag bags as I walked over but so far not many people have left.

If they don't start letting people in or at least get organized with lines, it may turn ugly.

naturalmanenyc

Some people have been in line for an hour. One woman said she bought her ticket in July but she's still waiting.

A few people are coming out.
The sponsors came out to apologize and they are moving people out.

naturalmanenyc

A few photos

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130914_141203.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130914_141203.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 127
  • ForumRunner_20130914_141226.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130914_141226.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 130

naturalmanenyc

Got my product, not staying though.

Kim Coles is taking photos at the Hairfinity booth. There's a line though.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130914_141859.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130914_141859.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 126
  • ForumRunner_20130914_141916.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130914_141916.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 115

naturalmanenyc

I'm not sure that most people got in. When I left the line was down 37th and going around to 10th Ave.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130914_214215.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130914_214215.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 95
  • ForumRunner_20130914_214238.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130914_214238.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 86

LexiDior

This looked like it was unorganized and just a big disaster. I hope everyone got in since they paid.

naturalmanenyc

A Message from Candace Kelley
To Everyone Who Came Out Yesterday!

This is Candace Kelley, organizer of the Let Your Hair Down EXPO and I have read all of your messages and so appreciate your feedback. While there was no line later in the afternoon, those of you who graciously waited, planned your day, drove into the city, dressed your little ones and more, my apologies to you for the wait. No one should have had to wait that long.

That being said, I owe each of you an explaination. Earlier this year, my team and I held the EXPO event at the 5,000 square foot Villian [http://villain-llc.com/]. A little over 2,000 of you came out and once the doors opened at most, you waited 5-15 minutes to get in. This year, the event was held at the 13,500 square foot SIR Stage37 [http://www.stage37events.com/about/]. It was twice as big and while we didn't have twice as many people, the arrival times of those in attendance outpaced the space. In addition, the venue's security underperformed in separating the lines as they were asked. That amounted to pure frustration for too many.

I invited Jenell Stewart of KinkyCurlyCoilyMe and Christina Brown of Love Brown Sugar to be a guest of my planned event, so your waiting in line was not a reflection of them, just me. They simply show up at events as guests and did so in perfect form. Hairfinity also provided amazing support for an event planned by my team.

I have already heard from many of you who want the event to come back because once you did get in, you enjoyed all of the offerings. This expo has such great traction and the brands and celebrities that have reached out to me who want to reach you specifically are incredible!

So, the expo will return, but be assured that it will return with pre-sold tickets only and cap measures in place so that all get in the door, as all of my expectations were exceeded with the turnout. Please reach out to me at [email protected] for anything and I will personally get back to each of you who write me.

Candace Kelley
Let Your Hair Down EXPO

JJamiah

IT WAS A MESS; I paid for two $25 plus extra fee tickets and the fast (no so fast) pass... $60 dollars later... I was on line for 2 hours and... someone stole those pathetic vitamins I had on the table...

It was a MESSSSSSSSS... MESSSS.... 2 hours for a 10 minute walk..

the only thing that made it worth it was Kim Coles is funny and a doll :)
I totally enjoyed the fashion show and comedy show. :)

LaVgirl

My gf who always goes to expos with me was working on Saturday. Ugh, so glad we didn't get to go.

pringe

I was there. I waited for an hour and a half with a fast pass ticket. The organization of the lines and security was ridiculous. One security guard woukld tell you there is one line and then another would pass and say there is two. By the time I made it inside, I was in less than 30 minutes. They had about 5 hair product stations. I thought it was a hair expo? I was truly disappointed and wish I would've stayed in my house instead of standing on line !

naturalmanenyc

pringe

Two ladies that were in line beside me ended up leaving at the same time as me. After waiting in line for about an hour, I got my product and was not there more than 30 minutes.

The sessions I wanted to see ended before I got in.

I did make a day of it though and went to Lord & Taylor, Macy's (found nude shoes after 18 months of looking) and I went by Moods to look at fabrics.

I was there. I waited for an hour and a half with a fast pass ticket. The organization of the lines and security was ridiculous. One security guard woukld tell you there is one line and then another would pass and say there is two. By the time I made it inside, I was in less than 30 minutes. They had about 5 hair product stations. I thought it was a hair expo? I was truly disappointed and wish I would've stayed in my house instead of standing on line !