NYC Ladies I have a question...

Miz_Complexity

Hi ladies, I will be Coming to NYC From AUG 30-Sept 4, I want to get my hair in either micro braids, 2- Strand Twist or a sew in, what area salons would you recommend that are in Brooklyn or Queens area. Have you had your hair styles in the salon?

Also could you list the salon name and phone number and if they have a web site. I also would like to know if these salons have any back to school hair specials.

One more thing I am coming to shop, so what are good plus size 18-20 stores to go to.
TIA

asummertyme

for braids...harlem...but be warned..dont let them braid ur hair 2 tight!..all u have to do is walk out pf the train station..there will be tons of women there trying to get u to come to thier salon..plus size cloths...Lanebryant...Ashley Stewards..Torrid..in staten island..love that store!

SilkyandSmooth

asummertyme said:
for braids...harlem...but be warned..dont let them braid ur hair 2 tight!..all u have to do is walk out pf the train station..there will be tons of women there trying to get u to come to thier salon..

:lachen: Ain't that the truth. You can't walk across 125th Street without someone asking you if you want to get your hair braided. They've even approached me inside the train station. It's crazy.

Miz, there are plenty of braiding salons on 125th street, if you don't mind travelling to Manhattan.

RabiaElaine

Hi there,

I agree with the ladies, Harlem will have plenty of braid shops. Also Jamaica Avenue in Queens will have lots too. I've gone to Aurora's on Jamaica Ave., a while back. They were good.

If you look in my album, I just had my braids done by a friend of mine who goes my church. My braids are not micro though. She can braid micro if you want her to. She's willing to take on additional clients, I can give you her number if you want. She can also do twists i think

Now for weaves, twists, and braids try House of Hair in Brooklyn. Their website is www.houseofhair.com . They can be a little pricey but you will come out looking good. I think expect to pay around $300 for a weave there.

Anyway if you are interested in having my friend braid your hair, just PM me.

Have a good trip!!

--Also HM sells plus slize clothing I believe.

Mitre

warning!!!:eek: donot go to125th street to get your hair done unless someone send you there

babyblue

SilkyandSmooth said:
:lachen: Ain't that the truth. You can't walk across 125th Street without someone asking you if you want to get your hair braided. They've even approached me inside the train station. It's crazy.

Miz, there are plenty of braiding salons on 125th street, if you don't mind travelling to Manhattan.

LOL....for real, as soon as you step out of the subway or just walking down the block on every corner someone is harassing you "miss you want braids?" I need to beat them off with a stick everytime im up there. but i agree harlem or jamaica avenue in queens is the best place to go if you want reasonably priced braided styles.

Mitre

I got braids on 125th street and i had to cut 6 inches of my hair off. The lady rip my freaking hair out that is what is wrong:mad: . Inaddition to the filthy condition and rats running around in the hair. If I were you I would not go. Ask someone from the board to recommend a braider for you. THese braider rake the comb through your hair, braid your hair tight even though you ask them not to. Finally they are always rushing to finish your head so that they could get another customer. GO AT YOUR OWN RISK:ohwell:

Miz_Complexity

Tamika said:
I got braids on 125th street and i had to cut 6 inches of my hair off. The lady rip my freaking hair out that is what is wrong:mad: . Inaddition to the filthy condition and rats running around in the hair. If I were you I would not go. Ask someone from the board to recommend a braider for you. THese braider rake the comb through your hair, braid your hair tight even though you ask them not to. Finally they are always rushing to finish your head so that they could get another customer. GO AT YOUR OWN RISK:ohwell:

Good looking out tamika

cutebajangirl

For braids or twists I would go to Fa Salon on 149th and 8th avenue. There is a long thread on them with more detail in the Salon review section.