Nutrine Garlic Shampoo and Conditioner-Reviews Please

lonei

Hi ladies

I just had a baby and wanted to know how good this brand is for shedding? I have heard of Queen Helene and Alter Ego but cant find any sites that deliver to the UK...

Some people say the Nutrine brand tangles their hair, I would rather stick to Giovanni if thats the case but I wanted to know if its mandatory to use garlic shampoo/con to combat shedding
Thanks

Last edited:
Congratulations! I've used Nutrine and Alter Ego garlic shampoo, I prefer Nutrine, it makes my hair feel dry but it does help slow down my shedding. If I see excessive shedding I'll use it wkly and follow up w/ a moisturizing shampoo and conditioner

Last edited:
I have both Nutrine Conditioner and AE Garlic and use it as a Precautionary Conditioner to ward off any 'potential' shedding from just general wear & tear. i.e. relaxing etc....:ohwell:

IMO: It's a decent enough Conditioner.:yep: It's not overly expensive. The Consistency isn't as thick as I would like, and the 'smell' is a little 'off', :look:but it makes an great co-washer followed up with a Moisturizing DC'er. :yep:

However, I do love AE Garlic for DC'ing. Have not tried Henna Queen Garlic DC'er, but hear it's very good as well.

Have not tried the Nutrine Shampoo.

I have tried the Nutrine shampoo and I like it a lot. It definately helps to reduce shedding and it lathers well. I have the one with the green writing on the bottle. It's a soft pleasant smell.

Hi ladies

I just had a baby and wanted to know how good this brand is for shedding? I have heard of Queen Helene and Alter Ego but cant find any sites that deliver to the UK...

Some people say the Nutrine brand tangles their hair, I would rather stick to Giovanni if thats the case but I wanted to know if its mandatory to use garlic shampoo/con to combat shedding
Thanks

I've used it before, but nothing truly stops the post-partum shedding because the cause is hormonal. The best thing that worked for me was continuing with the pre-natal vitamins, it really helps. Also, do your own garlic treatments using "real" garlic in a pre-poo with your favorite oils and take garlic tablets. Less manipulation is also key. Just remember it will pass;-)

How about I found bottles of this in NYC at Conways for 3.99 a bottle about two years ago! Bought the shampoo and condish...Its ok to me. Still have a full bottle of the shampoo/conditioner left.

I have tried the Nutrine shampoo and I like it a lot. It definately helps to reduce shedding and it lathers well. I have the one with the green writing on the bottle. It's a soft pleasant smell.

2ND THIS!!

looooooong before i was a member....1 mnth ago I was allowed to lurk on here for many years:nono::nono::nono::nono::nono: (sorry sis...bad humor).... I read on LHCF as well as several other sites that this cheapy shampoo...(not conditioner) was the best!!! needless to say shedding is my #1 hair issue (worse than my itching)
i researched for weeks

then bought 2 cases of the nutrine shampoo ....works well

recently tracyee advertised the goodness of black tea rinses....WORKS BETTER!!!! so b/c i have tons left, I still use it....often using both

but I love the "naturalness" of using tea b/c the ingredients in nutrine are pretty harsh

but i agree it works well to minimize shedding

Last edited:
Bump... Anyone use the conditioner recently. I have some in my stash and was thinking of giving it away if it doesn't work.

Back