Nurture Mode

Lady Esquire

Ok, so most of 2008 was good to me. From 05-07, I was all about the protective buns. Then in late '07 and most of '08, I learned how to wear it out and I started to really enjoy my hair. But then................breakage busted up the party.

Right now and for 2009, I will be in NURTURE MODE, to stop the breakage, and make it to MBL without any more setbacks.

I am curious. I have read a few of you say that you are also in nurture mode. What are you doing? I know Sylver2 is on a one-year stretch.

I'm doing this now. For me, nuture means, not to focus on length just health. I am cutting my hair to nape length in about a week and I honestly can't wait.

One thing that is VERY important as we all know is moisture. My hair is snapping off like crazy because it's always so dry. So I need to make sure my hair doesnt dry out. which means drinking my water taking my flaxseed oil, and moisturizing twice a day. and DC too.

I am terrible at drinking water. I'm gonna stock up on lemons, and use lemon wedges. I fell off the twice-a-day moisture, but I'm back too.

Keep me posted on the cut and health, Loca.

Yea I am focusing on nurturing. my hair has thinned out and I am not happy!

I'm gonna give the manipulation a rest. As much as I love wash and go's and co washing I wonder If my hair is really benefiting. So I'm just gonna stick to washing twice a week and wet bun. I am also on a strict ayurvedic regimen. Once a month I will wear my hair straight for a change and for length checks.

I am terrible at drinking water. I'm gonna stock up on lemons, and use lemon wedges. I fell off the twice-a-day moisture, but I'm back too.

Keep me posted on the cut and health, Loca.

I love lemon water! So refreshing. I use to only moisturize at night but I dont think that is enough especially with the winter weather.

I'll definitely keep you posted. I was going to pm you for tips, cuz I looked in your fotki and I think we have very similar hair types. My hair wants to be like yours when it grows up :lol:

Yea I am focusing on nurturing. my hair has thinned out and I am not happy!

I'm gonna give the manipulation a rest. As much as I love wash and go's and co washing I wonder If my hair is really benefiting. So I'm just gonna stick to washing twice a week and wet bun. I am also on a strict ayurvedic regimen. Once a month I will wear my hair straight for a change and for length checks.

Yeah I was doing fine all year. Then when I switched to more frequent washing, daily at one point, then I saw crazy breakage. I'm gonna go back to leaving it alone, for real this time.

I love lemon water! So refreshing. I use to only moisturize at night but I dont think that is enough especially with the winter weather.

I'll definitely keep you posted. I was going to pm you for tips, cuz I looked in your fotki and I think we have very similar hair types. My hair wants to be like yours when it grows up :lol:

Loca, PM me anytime!

Ok, so most of 2008 was good to me. From 05-07, I was all about the protective buns. Then in late '07 and most of '08, I learned how to wear it out and I started to really enjoy my hair. But then................breakage busted up the party.

Right now and for 2009, I will be in NURTURE MODE, to stop the breakage, and make it to MBL without any more setbacks.

I am curious. I have read a few of you say that you are also in nurture mode. What are you doing? I know Sylver2 is on a one-year stretch.

It's hard to believe you've had breakage problems 'cuz your hair is so long and thick in your siggy. I hope your nurture mode yields great results.

I'll be in nurture mode after my next touch up. I've been straightening my hair alot lately during the last couple weeks of my stretch and I can see the health of my hair making a turn for the worst. :nono: My new growth began to knot up and do its own thing so to relieve myself of this, I've been straighten it and wearing it out. *Bad* After my next touch up, I'll be able to easily wear buns again.:ohwell:

Right here!

I went to Dallas for half of last week and didn't feel like being bothered with my hair. So I bought a 3/4 wig for 18 bucks, braided my hair and flat ironed the part sticking out. It was so nice and carefree! I could easily see myself doing this for a year.

I want to do this b/c I've been thinking about transitioning. I'm at 3 months post now and it's so easy doing it this way. I want to wash and condish my hair twice a week and moisturize the hair that rest under the fall every night and/or day.

Back