Nu-gro hair moisturizer- *Im sooo excited right now*

Lotus

:dance7:That's my happy dance! Ya'll I'm sooooo happy right now.. . I just really wanted to share.

Long story short... (short for me, anyway :drunk:) since I started usining Nu-gro last year.. my breakage/shedding has decreased (I comb and brush/tangle wrangler daily & *and Im stretchin*)... Im talking I went from loosing a handful of hair to about 5 to 10 hairs a day. Well wouldnt ya know, I came on this here board and boasted about the product... now all of the stores in my area are out of stock :nono:. It's been over a month, no Nu-grow and my hair is falling out again (PCOS):wallbash:... so I called the manufacturer (really nice guy btw) and he's going to send me some! Who-hoa.. who hoo!

Oh DFW ladies.. he said the issue was with the distributor for our area and the product should be back on the shelves shortly.

hondahoney007

Do you have any pics of this stuff. I need a new moisturizer asap!! I have crazy breakage right now and would like a moisturizer that I can use daily or every other day without weighing my hair down.

Lotus

Do you have any pics of this stuff. I need a new moisturizer asap!! I have crazy breakage right now and would like a moisturizer that I can use daily or every other day without weighing my hair down.

Here's the one I use- http://www.nugrohairproducts.com/m_19.asp?pro=17&c=6 but I only pay $6.99 for it. I dont know why it's more expensive to buy directly from the vendor :spinning:. If you cant find it, let me know and I'll get some to you... after the bss stock back up.

Ingredients- Water, Glycerine, Parsley, Allium Ativum (Garlic), Irish Moss, Hemp, Rosemary, Nettle, Burdock, Horsetail Coltsfoot, Lemon Verbena, Sage, Myrrh, Coconut Oil, Marigold, Biotin, Birch, Lavender Oil, Jojoba Oil, Evening Primerose Oil, Fragrance, Paba Panthenol (B-5), Vitamins E, A and D, Aloe Vera, Honey, Avocado Oil.

tailormade84

Lotus, where do you buy your NU-GRO moisturizer? Mines doesn't have some of the stuff yours has :(

(i live in the DFW area so i should be able to get it from whereever store you got yours :)

Rain20

I think he reformulated the moisturizing spray. Initially it was very oily and heavy. The new forumula,that has the ingredients as above, is much lighter and less oily.

gorgeoushair

Lotus, where do you buy your NU-GRO moisturizer? Mines doesn't have some of the stuff yours has :(

(i live in the DFW area so i should be able to get it from whereever store you got yours :)

There's an oil free spray and a moisturizing spray........maybe you have the oil free spray.

Denise11

I just bought the oil and the spray from the product exchange forum last week. I hope it'll help my edges.

Lotus

I think he reformulated the moisturizing spray. Initially it was very oily and heavy. The new forumula,that has the ingredients as above, is much lighter and less oily.

Yep, he has changed the formula. I dont use it any more. I dont like the new formula... it's not moisturizing enough for me. The new one is kinda like Infusium23 or something. O... both my old bottle/forumla and new bottle/formula list the same ingredients, in the same order.

Rain20

I really like the new formula better. The first formula was extra oily. I now mix the original with oil free to get a less greasy formula and to get rid of the original and oil free formulas. I also have used the new formula and it is moisturizing. It has glycerin in it but it doesnt make your hair real slick or heavy. I have 4a/texturized hair. I did not have dry hair before using. I had breakage from a SE relaxer and was hoping for a lot of growth.

I was wearing wigs for awhile and tried using the whole system. I went on a vacation and nixed the wigs and now I am wearing a sew in. I cant use anything but the shampoo and conditioner and only use these once a week. I cant use the moisturizer spray right now either. The oil free has too much alcohol and can be a bit drying and the garlic smell for some reason is much stronger so I will mix it until gone and will not buy again.

I havent had phenomenal growth, but really only used a few weeks. I like the conditioner and moisturizing spray and will continue to use these.

I'm in GA. The old formula seems to be phasing out.

gorgeoushair

I really like the new formula better. The first formula was extra oily. I now mix the original with oil free to get a less greasy formula and to get rid of the original and oil free formulas. I also have used the new formula and it is moisturizing. It has glycerin in it but it doesnt make your hair real slick or heavy. I have 4a/texturized hair. I did not have dry hair before using. I had breakage from a SE relaxer and was hoping for a lot of growth.

I was wearing wigs for awhile and tried using the whole system. I went on a vacation and nixed the wigs and now I am wearing a sew in. I cant use anything but the shampoo and conditioner and only use these once a week. I cant use the moisturizer spray right now either. The oil free has too much alcohol and can be a bit drying and the garlic smell for some reason is much stronger so I will mix it until gone and will not buy again.

I havent had phenomenal growth, but really only used a few weeks. I like the conditioner and moisturizing spray and will continue to use these.

I'm in GA. The old formula seems to be phasing out.

You can leave the top off the one that has alcohol and the alcohol will evaporate :)

infojunkie

Here's the one I use- http://www.nugrohairproducts.com/m_19.asp?pro=17&c=6 but I only pay $6.99 for it. I dont know why it's more expensive to buy directly from the vendor :spinning:. If you cant find it, let me know and I'll get some to you... after the bss stock back up.

Ingredients- Water, Glycerine, Parsley, Allium Ativum (Garlic), Irish Moss, Hemp, Rosemary, Nettle, Burdock, Horsetail Coltsfoot, Lemon Verbena, Sage, Myrrh, Coconut Oil, Marigold, Biotin, Birch, Lavender Oil, Jojoba Oil, Evening Primerose Oil, Fragrance, Paba Panthenol (B-5), Vitamins E, A and D, Aloe Vera, Honey, Avocado Oil.

Dang, those are some pretty yummy ingredients. I may have to check into this one. I'm forever on the hunt for a moisturizer.

luvn_life

I got mine yesterday and the spray STINKS!!! I'm trying to think how can I incorporate in my regimen because it stinks so bad...

tailormade84

i have been using the spray for 12 days on my kinky twists, and when i took down the front i didnt really notice a difference in the amount of shedding....i did realize that my hair was SUPER SOFT and MANAGEABLE and SHINY and EASY TO DETANGLE :yep:
I sprayed this spray on my scalp almost daily (it can get a lil greasy if you spray too much)....
I am using the new formula that smells like kiwi strawberry :lick:

rolled into a ball (i assess shedding by the circumference of my 'hair ball':lachen:)

Lotus

kyna323, the one i used smelled like kiwi-strawberry as well. If I remember correctly, the old one and the new both smelled the same, to me.

I'm a little leery, but I think I'm going to try it one more time. If it's up to par, I hope they don't "improve" it again. IMO, the old formula was wonderful.

*C00KIE*

Ordered this spray and receieved it today. I will be wearing a wig for the next 3 months and spraying the nu-gro spray "moisturizer", 1-2x daily. Will let you know how it goes, for the next couple of months, on behalf of hair growth of course