North Carolinan Naturals

Premierepearl08

There is a natural hair salon in Charlotte, NC called Sistah's Natural Hair Salon and School that will be having its grand opening/open house on Saturday, Sept.10 at 4:00 PM. This is a natural hair care salon that also specializes in Sisterlocks and other twisted/braided styles. I stopped by there today to get advice on transitioning and was in lust with all of the locked beauties in there! I hadn't planned to lock, but they have me contemplating it. ;) The atmosphere is very down home and comfortable. It is located on 1510 Beatties Ford Road. Their telephone number is (704)395-6005.

Premierepearl08 said:
There is a natural hair salon in Charlotte, NC called Sistah's Natural Hair Salon and School that will be having its grand opening/open house on Saturday, Sept.10 at 4:00 PM. This is a natural hair care salon that also specializes in Sisterlocks and other twisted/braided styles. I stopped by there today to get advice on transitioning and was in lust with all of the locked beauties in there! I hadn't planned to lock, but they have me contemplating it. ;) The atmosphere is very down home and comfortable. It is located on 1510 Beatties Ford Road. Their telephone number is (704)395-6005.

That's not too far from where I live!:) I'm gonna check it out. Thanks.

NapturalGlory said:
I will check this out maybe as soon as tomorrow... gotta see if they can do without the "tight braids" look that is so common among the african braid shops.

Just wondering . . . Did anyone get their hair done at the salon? Do they sell products for natural hair? Charlotte is about 1 1/2 hours away and I don't want to drive that far (considering how expensive gasoline is) until I get some feedback.

Thanks!:)

I haven't gotten my hair done at the salon yet, but only for financial reasons. I went to the grand opening and saw lots of the owners' customers, most of whom had sisterlocs. There was one or two with two-strand twists. The hair looked good, people! The stylist/loctician/owner us American, so I don't think that you will have to worry about too-tight hair. As a matter of fact, when I visited the shop they were laughing about a bad experience her mom had with an African braider. Her customers seem to truly love her! I took some pics but didn't know who all of her customers were so I didn't ask permission to put them online. I wish that you guys could get a look at them though. It almost makes me consider sisterlocs...

Back