NON CURL PATTERNERS????????

nomoweavesfome

I know it's rare and in between but are there some of you with no curl pattern???? can u post pics.

I like have no curl pattern it seems. I'm transitioning so it's hard to tell, but it's going on 5 months and I don't have any curl or wave or nothing -just frizz.

toinette

Tricking the president
I think I saw a thread on this but there was a whole big to-do about it and it didnt apply to my hair so I didnt participate but I think some people call it c-napp hair and there are some on here who claim to have it

Taina

My hair is not that curly, as you can see in my signature. I don't know if is it because is short or not. I have to use a curl activator mousse to get/create some curls.

nomoweavesfome

Taina!!! Tu tiene un curl pattern!!! lol and your fotki es muy differencia. It took me a while to load it. Tu pelo es muy bonita.

trenise

I just did a 4 month stretch and it appeared to me that there was no curl pattern on the ng. It was like crinkled, more like an accordian than a spiral or spring. Does that count as no curl pattern, or is something else meant by this?

jerseyjill

Nomoweaves, is that pic after or before you combed/brushed it? Your hair looks like my daughters hair - and her hair grows in a spiral - so when brushed or combed out there is no curl/wave pattern.

nomoweavesfome

I just did a 4 month stretch and it appeared to me that there was no curl pattern on the ng. It was like crinkled, more like an accordian than a spiral or spring. Does that count as no curl pattern, or is something else meant by this?

yep this is what I mean- you have pic?

nomoweavesfome

Nomoweaves, is that pic after or before you combed/brushed it? Your hair looks like my daughters hair - and her hair grows in a spiral - so when brushed or combed out there is no curl/wave pattern.

I can't remember exactly but I want to say I did not comb or brush. Really it looks like that whether i comb/brush or not lol

BostonMaria

My hair didn't curl until I cut all of the relaxed hair off. You really won't know what your natural hair looks like until you do the BC.

La Colocha

I had crinkles and when i bc'd they were coils streatched out by the relaxed hair. You won't really know until the relaxed hair is gone. It took a few days for my hair to coil all the way up.

Oasis

grabbing life by the pussy
There are some parts of my hair that have no curl pattern, even when wet. At first I thought it was scab hair but my last relaxer was almost 3 years ago so it's just my natural texture. It's not really noticeable since I don't wear wash-n-go type styles.

The part with no curl is around the perimeter of my head. It's all fuzz no curl.

Attachments

• 037.jpg
    037.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 160

Bun Mistress

the front of my head is natural (that's another story) and has very little to no curl pattern to it. I think you can never be sure until the relaxed hair is cut but I think that it is not uncommon. Hugs. This is why I flat twist.

song_of_serenity

Taina, I think when your hair grows out a bit more, the curl will come. I can see certain parts curve and when the length comes, they'll be more hair to coil around itself.

Oasis, those parts may be 4b?

jetbeauty09

I have no curl pattern on the majority of my head. I have some curls in the back but on top and the front, no curls or waves. Just some coils that pop out every now and again. Its called CNAPP texture, like cotton. I've attached some pics!

Attachments

• almost 120108 040.jpg
    almost 120108 040.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 108
  • beginning of nov hair pics 003.jpg
    beginning of nov hair pics 003.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 104
  • beginning of nov hair pics 014.jpg
    beginning of nov hair pics 014.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 113
c-napp? why c-napp? lol why a big to do too? do you know the link to the thread?

Yes, there are some folks who do not have a curl pattern at all and even just wirey difficult to describe hair (like myself, I have this in the area near my sideburns, only. I have no idea of why.

People really get up in arms over this topic...mostly because there is a lot of misinformation: people claiming to not have a curl pattern who clearly have one; people who have curl patterns who believe the rest of the world must have hair similar to theirs. It's strange, but all of the brouhaha really ends up making those without a curl pattern feel isolated and alone.

There's a special forum for this hairtype (or for hair that is extremely similar to that hairtype), if you'd like for me to send it to you, I can.

I would advise that you wait, though, as it's hard to tell by your new growth what exactly your natural hair is like (sometimes).

nomoweavesfome

well ok - I'll wait a few more months. *sigh*. I would like the info tho. And yes I do feel isolated and alone which is why I failed at my last transition.

nomoweavesfome

I have no curl pattern on the majority of my head. I have some curls in the back but on top and the front, no curls or waves. Just some coils that pop out every now and again. Its called CNAPP texture, like cotton. I've attached some pics!

Yep - this is me so far

jetbeauty09

I’m glad others were able to relate to the pics of my texture. I was so relieved when I found an online forum with those who have CNAPP texture. I always thought maybe I had scab hair but since I am transitioning again and still have CNAPP texture in most places, I know its not scab hair. I just did a Youtube vid about healthy hair care and did a segment about CNAPP texture. ITS OKAY not to have a curl or wavy pattern all over (if at all!). I love my hair texture, its soft and its able to do all sorts of styles.

I felt so much love when I asked my hubby to help part my hair yesterday. After about 45 seconds, he said, …” you do have a nice texture though…” I JUST WANTED TO JUMP UP AND DOWN! He is the type of guy that prefers straight sleek styles so for him to admit that, is a lot!

I’m sure I will see even more patterns when I cut off the relaxed ends but whatever it is, curl or CNAPP, I will be rocking it proudly. Check out my youtube channel below for vids featuring styles for TWAs and transitioning divas! I hope you stay strong on your journey.

Last edited:

Fine 4s

I have no curl pattern in the front of my hair....I'll have to remember and post pics later for you. However, this is the section that crimps the best for braid-outs.

jetbeauty09

My hair is not that curly, as you can see in my signature. I don't know if is it because is short or not. I have to use a curl activator mousse to get/create some curls.

You will be probably see more curls spring up as you grow, correct. When you have no curl pattern, it doesn't matter how much gel you use, they aren't going to come up!:lachen: I have accepted it and love it!:drunk:

Hairsofab

I have no curl pattern. I know when this topic comes up a lot of people just think non-curl patterner's are lying or just don't know what we are talking about. I truly have what is described as c-napp hair. I used to think every full black person had this texture. But the more I'm on LHCF, I realize we are in the minority, especially natural heads.

jetbeauty09

I have no curl pattern. I know when this topic comes up a lot of people just think non-curl patterner's are lying or just don't know what we are talking about. I truly have what is described as c-napp hair. I used to think every full black person had this texture. But the more I'm on LHCF, I realize we are in the minority, especially natural heads.
Funny b/c when I found this place & Youtube, I thought everyone had 3c and 4a curls. It took me awhile to realize this beautiful cottony texture was not scab hair!