No Manipulation?

Kamilah

I don't understand exactly how this works if you are applying a ton of stuff to the scalp? I mean, I'm finger parting my hair atleast twice a day to put some sort of oil/surge or sulfur 8 on my scalp. Am I missing something, or is this not considered manipulation?

Thanks!

Kamilah said:
I don't understand exactly how this works if you are applying a ton of stuff to the scalp? I mean, I'm finger parting my hair atleast twice a day to put some sort of oil/surge or sulfur 8 on my scalp. Am I missing something, or is this not considered manipulation?

Thanks!

I am one who does not manipulate my hair. I wear my hair in cornrows and spray Surge on my scalp and hair once per day. Never have to touch my hair until shampoo day which is every two weeks.

Kamilah said:

Thanks!

This is manipulation, but if you are gentle and no hair breaks in your hands, then you're ok. Also, if you apply with a container with a tip, like WGO container, that's even less manipulation b/c you don't have to part all the way down the hair shaft. I only apply topical growth aids on wash days, so applying less often can help too with the manipulation.

You know what, I didn't read right. I thought she was asking how to apply these things without manipulating the hair. Sorry about that:confused:

Kamilah said:

Thanks!

Yep, that's manipulation. That's the reason why I stopped MTGing because I had to part my hair to apply it everyday/every other day and that was too much manipulation for my scalp. So now I rarely comb my hair. I wash/deep condition, comb my hair after I get out of the shower, put my hair into a ponytail and baggie my ends. During the week I just take the ponytail loose remoisturize and rebaggie my ends no combing. I do comb the length of my ponytail though:) to make sure it is not tangled or anything:)

Back