NO CONES?

lwilliams1922

no cones?

My hair is 4B and natural now.
My hair always seems to be dry. I'm looking to learn what it is that my hair likes and dislikes.
Right now i would like to take a look at silicone.

I've been using conditioner and curl activator to detangle my hair and give it slip for twists or as moisture for wet bunning. I looked at the products I've been alternating and they all seem to have silicones.

Does anyone know of any (or a list) of conditioners or moisturizers without silicone?
Has anyone given up cones to combat dryness?

I'd love to hear any suggestions or tips.

thanks!

Cones and I do not get along. The only cone that I use is in Fantasia IC gel w/sparkalites and it's water soluble.

My favorite conditioners include AOHSR, AOWC, Giovanni 50:50, and Suave Coconut

Aubreys Organics Honeysuckle, and Aubreys organics Island Natural conditioners is free of cones. AO complete line of hair products is excellent free of cones and shampoos with out SLS which can cause hair issues as well. I am natural as well and my hair does so much better in the longterm without cones. Cones at first makes my hair feel moisturized and manageable. With continued use I began to notice hair issues, such as breaking, dryness, more frizzies and split ends etc. So I have stopped the cycle of crazyiness and my hair loves me for it and so is my pocketbook.

P.S. Above all else... For dry, frizzy and breaking hair there is nothing that replaces regular steaming it adds moisture to the hair. IMHO..Steaming regularly that is the ultimate key! :=]

Aubreys Organics Honeysuckle, and Aubreys organics Island Natural conditioners is free of cones. AO complete line of hair products is excellent free of cones and shampoos with out SLS which can cause hair issues as well. I am natural as well and my hair does so much better in the longterm without cones. Cones at first makes my hair feel moisturized and manageable. With continued use I began to notice hair issues, such as breaking, dryness, more frizzies and split ends etc. So I have stopped the cycle of crazyiness and my hair loves me for it and so is my pocketbook.

P.S. Above all else... For dry, frizzy and breaking hair there is nothing that replaces regular steaming it adds moisture to the hair. IMHO..Steaming regularly that is the ultimate key! :=]

how do you steam??

It's possible for me to go w/o cones. I am also a 4b natural. I sometimes use them because I don't really hate them or anything, but in fact my favorite products don't have them. Shampoo: TJ's Nourish Spa; Conditioner and Detangler: V05 Vanilla Mint Tea, maybe some castor oil; Treatment: Aveda Damage Remedy intensive treatment; Leave-Ins: coconut oil or Oyin Whipped Pudding + Honey Hemp Condish or Qhemet Biologics Burdock Root Butter Cream + castor oil on ends.

It's possible for me to go w/o cones. I am also a 4b natural. I sometimes use them because I don't really hate them or anything, but in fact my favorite products don't have them. Shampoo: TJ's Nourish Spa; Conditioner and Detangler: V05 Vanilla Mint Tea, maybe some castor oil; Treatment: Aveda Damage Remedy intensive treatment; Leave-Ins: coconut oil or Oyin Whipped Pudding + Honey Hemp Condish or Qhemet Biologics Burdock Root Butter Cream + castor oil on ends.

I think this one has some cones in it, but I don't have the ingredients in front of me.

I like AO honeysuckle rose and swimmer's conditioner, Jessicurl too shea and weekly deep conditioner, Oyin honey hemp conditioner and Jasmine's super moisturizing conditioner and coconut masque. The last two can be found here: http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5821912

Back