Newbie with Progress and Fotki **Pics**

Mrs.Green

FINALLY~ I sat down and created a Fotki.

My beginning pictures i took this month but the shrinkage from stretching 12 weeks took my hair to the lenght was where I started in January relaxed.

I have at least 2 inches of growth. I am just elated. I will take a better AFTER picture once my curls relax then you can see a better length. Bare with me I'm still trying to figure out how to take good pictures to get true length. I didn't want to twist my head to mislead growth. You girls can be brutal with misleading photos :lachen:.

Special shot outs to :grin::grin::

Gymfreak - for the links and information
Traycee - for tips on Airdrying she has helped alot.
CaramelHonee - for tips on how to create her AWESOME BUN
bbdgirl - for encouragement

I'm probably forgetting someone but ALL of you ladies have been such an inspiration to me. I was worried at first about getting results but the boards kept me informed and laughing.

http://members.fotki.com/MrsGreen/

ETA: Password in Profile

Last edited:
AW~ Thanks

I'm just getting started so it's not much right now :nono:. Nothing like the catalogs of hair that most of you guys have. Hopefully by the end of the year I'll be up there with you professionals :lachen:. My Fotki seems so lil' :perplexed

AW~ Thanks

I'm just getting started so it's not much right now :nono:. Nothing like the catalogs of hair that most of you guys have. Hopefully by the end of the year I'll be up there with you professionals :lachen:. My Fotki seems so lil' :perplexed

Look at it this way, at least you don't have 30 pics of the same thing. Your fotki is perfectly balanced.

FINALLY~ I sat down and created a Fotki.

My beginning pictures i took this month but the shrinkage from stretching 12 weeks took my hair to the lenght was where I started in January relaxed.

I have at least 2 inches of growth. I am just elated. I will take a better AFTER picture once my curls relax then you can see a better length. Bare with me I'm still trying to figure out how to take good pictures to get true length. I didn't want to twist my head to mislead growth. You girls can be brutal with misleading photos :lachen:.

Special shot outs to :grin::grin::

Gymfreak - for the links and information
Traycee - for tips on Airdrying she has helped alot.
CaramelHonee - for tips on how to create her AWESOME BUN
bbdgirl - for encouragement

I'm probably forgetting someone but ALL of you ladies have been such an inspiration to me. I was worried at first about getting results but the boards kept me informed and laughing.

http://members.fotki.com/MrsGreen/
Ok I am crying because I am at 7weeks!!!!! and this is my first stretch! My hair is TOO nappy but whats funny is nappy as it is when I do comb it there is not alot of breakage. So I cant even use the excuse my hair is breaking too bad, have to get a touch-up. How in the world did you go 12 weeks? :perplexed None of my girlfriends understand all the see is a nappy head! LOL. Maybe because our hair type is different. I don't know but, you go girl!!! 12weeks!!!!! wow

Ok I am crying because I am at 7weeks!!!!! and this is my first stretch! My hair is TOO nappy but whats funny is nappy as it is when I do comb it there is not alot of breakage. So I cant even use the excuse my hair is breaking too bad, have to get a touch-up. How in the world did you go 12 weeks? :perplexed None of my girlfriends understand all the see is a nappy head! LOL. Maybe because our hair type is different. I don't know but, you go girl!!! 12weeks!!!!! wow

Trust me at first I didn't know how I was gonna do it. I've always (Pre LHCF) relaxed every 4 weeks if working out *thought I sweat my perm out* 8 weeks if not.

Co-Washing helped ALOT. My hair loves and needs moisture. While the conditioner was in my hair I would "Grease" my scalp with coconut oil. That kept the new growth manageable. I could have went longer but I was to anxious to see what my results were.

You have very pretty hair. Have a fun hair journey.:yep:

:shocked: Thanks~ Nothing like your head of hair~

Shot out to you also for the fitness tips!!!! You've been a great help. I've been alternating days and body parts like you suggested. Can't wait to post results :look: from the Fitness Challenge!

Trust me at first I didn't know how I was gonna do it. I've always (Pre LHCF) relaxed every 4 weeks if working out *thought I sweat my perm out* 8 weeks if not.

Co-Washing helped ALOT. My hair loves and needs moisture. While the conditioner was in my hair I would "Grease" my scalp with coconut oil. That kept the new growth manageable. I could have went longer but I was to anxious to see what my results were.
Thanks. I havent gotten the hang of the products washing my hair my self yet. I go to my hairdressor every week right now, but I plan on eventually washing and conditioning myself and just going to her for touch-ups. I have to figure out which products to use first. I am going to at least try to do 8weeks.

Thanks. I havent gotten the hang of the products washing my hair my self yet. I go to my hairdressor every week right now, but I plan on eventually washing and conditioning myself and just going to her for touch-ups. I have to figure out which products to use first. I am going to at least try to do 8weeks.

The best advice I was given was to match up with someone with the same hairtype and try their products. Other than that you will go crazy trying to follow what everyone else uses.

Oh your hair is doing beautifully!! Really pretty, but I :heart: the pincurls!!:grin:

ETA: And btw :welcome3: to LHCF! :)

Last edited:
My comment can't go thru on my phone when I went to your fotki!but imma go back when I go home anyways your hair looks very nice and healthy ma.keep it up!

Back